main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters The Skywalker-Jade Revival Society Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Luke_Mara_Index, Dec 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    That may be the one I am thinking about.

2. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Lol. I can see how that outfit on the cover of VOTF resembles Peter Pan. IMO the Japanese covers for the books are much better than the North American ones.

Gemma likes this.
  3. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    Amen to that sister!

Exhibit A

[​IMG]

Apparently for the Japanese the way to make Luke look older is to slick his hair back lol which is all well and good because he does look GOOD

Can't say the same for the Union Comic...his hair style during the weddding (same slicked back look) looks like someone put massive amounts of gel in it. I always imagined Mara sticking his head under a bathroom sink as she washed it out...simultaneously telling him never to put that crap in his hair again.

:D

4. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    That last scene in Union where they are dancing I remember that weird look on Luke's face. Either something he ate at the reception didn't settle well in his stomach or Mara slipped him a roofie.

5. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Everyone looked the same in that comic, I swear. Some of the artwork was pretty, but some was really bad. Plus, if Kam Solustar makes an appearance in EPVII, it had better be Bruce Willis.

6. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Damn right. I saw that in Union and said, "Hey, I didn't know Bruce was a Jedi!" I love it.

I dislike some of the drawings in the Essential Guide to Characters.

Why does Kyp Durron look like a rejected character from a Renaissance faire?
    [​IMG]

And this drawing of Palpatine had me wondering if Force Lightning is a cure for Jock Itch.

[​IMG]

7. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I am writing a story and I need some sweet scenes in the profics with Mara and Luke. There are parts of Union, also in the second honeymoon short story. Was there any other romance scenes between them in the profics. This is tough. Help.

8. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    They were very minimal

Sent from my LG-C800 using Tapatalk 2

9. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    So I noticed. :p Profics need more romance!

10. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Lol. Umm. There were a few semi-romantic ones at the end of VOTF, I can't really vouch for any of NJO since I've only read 2 books of that. As for LOTF, there's a scene in either the 2nd 3rd or 4th book of LOTF (I'm pretty sure it's the 3rd) where LM are searching Lumiya's apartment on Coruscant and Mara is behind this mirror thing that makes her looks younger and she steps out of it and Luke comments on how beautiful she is or something, I don't really remember it.

That is all I can think of. How sad.

11. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    I was dissapointed by survivors quest. You would think there would be somethung

Sent from my LG-C800 using Tapatalk 2

12. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks guys. School ends next Wednesday. After that I will have nothing better to do all summer than sit around looking for L/M romance in the profics. :p

13. Stone Jade

Stone Jade Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 27, 2013
    Not exactly romantic, but there is a scene in Balance Point where Mara is dressing up as a Kuati baroness, and Luke wants to (fill in the blank yourself, this is a family site). Incidentally, this is also one of those Marakin scenes everyone references.

The "best" one, if you could call it that, is in Destiny's Way. Chapter 3, featuring such gems as "Would you like me to call you 'Master' again?", not to mention the implication that sending Ben off to the Maw had greatly increased Mara's sex drive.

Not exactly great romantic literature, but there you go. Those are the only two scenes that I remember from NJO. I agree that Survivor's Quest was a major disappointment. They also had a year together with very little to do on Zonama Sekot, so Keyes and/or Luceno missed an opportunity at the tail end of the series.

14. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    I was so excited when I read about SQ. I was like a L/M centric novel...*does a dance of joy* dang it zahn! that was terrible..show a little more romance they're married for force's sake.

Give me anything..It doesn't have to much just a small bit.

I have to admit, I did like the beginning when she formally names herself Skywalker to those guys in the cantina.

One thing I will give Zahn. Judge's Call..the short story. That was good. anybody read it?

15. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Speaking of Zahn..did you know he modeled as Karrde for this picture...of course that Shannon McRandle as Mara...and Michael Stackpole modeled for Corran Horn

[​IMG]

16. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I read Judge's Call. It was nice. We need more of that in the novels. You know, sweet little scenes.

17. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    If Mara ever got a tattoo...what do you think it would be? It is for a fanfic.

18. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    It would depend on how old (and how drunk) whe was when she got it. I have written her with tattoos, but that was smut :)

19. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Hmm... interesting question. I would think it would depend of at what point in her life you are talking. If it were earlier on I would think she wouldn't want one because when you are trying to do the things she would have being doing as the Hand, you wouldn't want distinguishing marks. Later on when she was with Karrde, would be the time I could see her most likely getting one but I don't know what. I would have to ponder for a bit. Something that would symbolize her freedom, for her being whoever she truly wanted to be, maybe?

20. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    I'm wracking my head trying to think of one.
    the best romantic scenes, i've read have been fanfic, maybe profic writer's need classes in how to write romantic scenes,
    and scenarios. i would have loved to read a story with Luke/Mara, and Ben/Vestara

21. Stone Jade

Feb 27, 2013
    I have the 5x7 oversized card from Decipher, with this picture on it, in my Mara card collection. There's also a normal-sized card featuring just Shannon and Zahn. I think they just photoshopped Stackpole in there later. Using Stackpole as Corran was kind of a travesty, since he looks nothing like the character is supposed to look. If I recall correctly, they made this oversized card because Stackpole, Zahn, and McRandle were all at the same convention one year, so attendees could get all 3 signatures on one card.

That's a tough question. I'll have to give it some thought.

22. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    I love Survivor's Quest as it is. One of my favorite EU books. I love that Luke and Mara are portrayed as a well-oiled team, and even though Mara is having issues with her past and her future, it doesn't become a problem in their marriage. Luke is there for her no matter what she needs to do. The scene at the end with them falling asleep on the bed together is absolutely perfect. I also love the scene when Luke is in the lift fighting the Vagaari, and Mara rescues him right before he passes out. He says something sweet and funny to her; I can't remember exactly what it was and don't have my copy handy, but I remember loving that scene. IMO, SQ is a fabulous portrayal of what makes them such a great couple.

Other scenes I like:
    • The pregnancy reveal in Balance Point
    • The epilogue of Rebirth
    • Mara singing the lullaby in Rebel Stand
    • Luke telling Mara, "I'll live, my love," in The Unifying Force

23. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks everybody for the suggestions. I remember some nice scenes but with about 50 books on my shelf I didn't know where to start looking. Thanks! [:D]

24. Stone Jade

Feb 27, 2013
    Me too. I just thought the lack of romance between them was a little disappointing. The end of VOTF is fairly romantic, and we know Zahn can write decent romance based on Judge's Call. Why he didn't include something is beyond me. Other than that, SQ is one of the strongest books in the whole EU, and something of which it desperately needs more. Strong characterization, coupled with a self-contained adventure with bad guys that don't threaten to destroy the galaxy.

25. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    The end of SQ is much more romantic than VotF, IMO. Luke offering to leave the New Republic for his wife? Swoon. It's perfect for them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.