main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT What if Obi Wan didn't sneak on Padme's Ship?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Slowpokeking, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    He showed up only screwed the conversation totally, I think if he wasn't there Anakin would not go rampage and choke Padme, Padme would not die there.

VanishingReality likes this.
  2. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    He had to.

ILNP likes this.
  3. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    if Obi-Wan had not boarded the ship

Anakin would have gone on to kill every other Jedi anyway, being twice as powerful without his suit

Obi-Wan slowed down the process for awhile, but in the end the results would be the same

4. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    He was going to overthrow Palpatine as well.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  5. Jae-Dec

Jae-Dec Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2013
    Certainly would have been interesting to see him try and overthrow the Emperor like he told Padme he wanted to do.

TheDisharmony and Darth Dnej like this.
  6. Sistros

Jul 24, 2010
    exactly

so eventually we'd have had Emperor Anakin the 1st

or Emperor Annie the moody

7. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    No, I think he would be able to kill Palpatine but he lacks the political skill to hold the Empire, the Empire would collapse with Palpatine's death.

Darth Dnej likes this.
  8. Sistros

Jul 24, 2010
    he'd still be Emperor most likely, even for a galactic day

Empires don't crumble that easily.

Anakin would have had the sense to make sure a strong empire was already in place before taking over,

I know some people think Anakin was as dumb as two short bricks

but he had a bit of sense

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  9. Jae-Dec

Jae-Dec Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2013
    Anakin definitely had a very good chance of defeating the Emperor. That brings up another question very close to the OPs. Say Obi-Wan didn't board the ship and Anakin did go back to Coruscant and overthrew the Emperor. If Obi-Wan confronted Anakin at this point, who would be victorious? My opinion, I think Anakin would win that bout.

Darth Dnej likes this.
  10. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    It does, nobody beside Palpatine could hold the Empire together for a long while. The Moffs, the Admirals and even the soldiers dislike Vader a lot.

11. Sistros

Jul 24, 2010
    I don't think they would invite Palpatine to their Birthday party either a lot of them

like him or not, Vader would have done the same as Palpatine did, keep them in check by the use of fear.

Anyway is this thread about Anakin as Emperor or Obi-Wan if he had decided to stay on his butt on Coruscant?

VanishingReality and Darth Dnej like this.
  12. THE PortmanLuvva

THE PortmanLuvva Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2012
    It's weird to think what would happen to Padm'e if Obi-Wan wasn't there. Whether vader would have forced her to stay with him. More kids? A nice house on Mustafar? Emperor's en-suite? No-one knows what was going through his head!

VanishingReality likes this.
  13. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    No, but Palpatine had the skill to hold the Empire together, Vader is not dumb, but he's no where close to a politician.

14. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    That's his plan in the novel.

15. Sistros

Jul 24, 2010
    Neither were a lot of Emperors throughout history.

But anyway we're really getting off topic here :p

16. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    There was no way Obi-Wan wouldn't have been on the ship. He had been instructed to find Anakin and kill him; he wasn't going to mess around with that. It's not his character to play hooky at these moments.

But, had he not been on the ship, Anakin would have become the ruler of all Mustafar, and then probably still burned up when a freak hole opened up in the command center and fried him.

17. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    I wonder why didn't Anakin sense him. They were very close, he should be able to sense Obi Wan's presence when the ship came.

18. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I think he was too focused on Padme.

Sock and Awe likes this.
  19. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009

I know the Moffs and the admirals disliked Vader but from what EU we have of the Dark Times era the everyday stormtroopers liked Vader because he would fight from the front alongside them. In the Later Legacy Era a Galactic Alliance soldier even tells Ben Skywalker that his grandfather used to tell stories of serving as a soldier under Vader and they were all postive.

20. Feng Shui Engine

Feng Shui Engine Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 24, 2013
    Anakin would have done something to Padme. She was about to leave him, he wouldn't just stand there and be like "awww, don't go Padme...". So he may have ended up choking her to prevent her from going. She would have passed out, and Anakin would have locked up her somewhere on Mustafar. I don't think he would have killed her.

Anakin might then try to manipulate/mind control Padme into following his ways. Maybe. I don't know.

21. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    It is implied that Padme had began to reach Anakin but the moment Obi-Wan appeared it went up in smoke.

Vader might not have been popular with the politicians but the every day Imperial Officer and soldier respected him because he was willing to fight beside them in battle and not giving order behind the scenes.

22. Sistros

Jul 24, 2010
    implied in the grand scheme of things means diggly squat.

It could be implied that..I don't know SSS hates being a moderator to a forum full of negative threads :p doesn't make it so.

Also he had become corrupted by the darkside by then, Padme would be a drug, the moment she was away for whatever reason, he'd have gone mental again

23. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Yeah quite a few soldiers admire his courage, but also many didn't want to deal with him because he would choke them when they displease him.

24. d_arblay

d_arblay Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2005
    Couldn't disagree more. I think he would have just killed Padme there and then. Obi-Wan actually stopped that from directly happening - "let her go!" (love the way he delivers that line). In the end, it was Padme's rejection of Anakin that caused him to act the way he did there, rather than Obi-Wan's appearance. More interesting a debate might be what would have happened had Padme just told Obi-Wan where Anakin was (not realising he intended to kill him) and let him go alone.

25. janstett

janstett Jedi Master star 3

May 29, 2004
    She would have rejected his offer to rule the galaxy together and he still would have killed her when she tried to leave.

d_arblay likes this.