main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Official Sequel Trilogy / Legends / Expanded Universe discussion thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by YoureNotJonesy, Nov 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    Even if this isn't true, I'd imagine most of the EU would shift around or be overwritten at this point, regardless of the ages.

I'm not expecting them to "de-age" the OT cast at all, really... no more than they were in the OT, anyway (Mark playing 23-year-old Luke in ROTJ, Ford playing a 33-year-old Han), so they'd probably be about 57 for the twins, 67 for Han. Not too far off the mark. Or, they'd say they're even OLDER and they still look so 'young' because of medical advances, whatever. I don't see 'em dropping down to 50/50/60.

Also, another big sign that this is utter BS: it gives away Jacen falling to the dark side & becoming Darth Caedus in a casting sheet for EPISODE VII. No way they'd blow that 'surprise' in VII, let alone before it even starts filming. VII would be about Jacen training, VIII would have him fall & declare himself a Darth (and he'd need someone to have guided him to that point, another big villain), and IX would likely be them trying to redeem him. Maybe they'd try for redemption in VIII, I suppose, and IX would be dealing with the one who got him to become Sith...

...but there's no way they'd put out a sheet of any kind of character info claiming the kid's gonna turn into a Sith Lord in the first movie.

2. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    They might if it was a document mental for internal use, but that is definitely a strike against it. At the same time, considering how much Lucas has said against Dark Empire's clones of Palpatine, I could easily see them choosing to ignore or try to write Anakin Solo out of existence as that's the character's first appearance and he really only acts as a macguffin from that point until the NJO (which would be totally wiped out by this plot line) anyway.

Plus, there's another thing bugging me about it... Two Protagonists instead of the normal Three (Padme, Anakin, and Obi-wan in the PT; Han, Luke, and Leia in the OT). Who is number three? I could definitely see some truth in this rumor but I just don't know. As for those who are saying it LoTF remade... come on, it's not... because LoTF is so dependent on other EU it's not even funny.

3. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    This article just made my day! =D=[face_party]

EDIT: I loved the little tidbit the author gave at the end about sets already being built. That was very interesting.

5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    No Thrawn and no Mara? Yep, I'm happy.

stormcloud8 likes this.
  6. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    When I read that I immediately thought of you and DarthBreezy! :p

7. stellarmagic01

Nov 1, 2012
    *Locks away his copy of The Thrawn Trilogy, Hand of Thrawn Duology, and Survivor's Quest* You can destroy everything else, for all I care, but do not destroy those stories.

I had a feeling anyway that the new stories would ignore the Solos kids anyway, except maybe as background figures. They're just not useable as a protagonist with the massive amount of stuff they've had dumped on them in the EU. I also figure a kid with the name Skywalker is sort of required... Ben might have been useable, but I always figured that it seemed more likely for them to make someone new for that role, and if they use Ben at all, for him to be more a secondary figure. So, not surprised, not really.

Still putting money on a 'Nomi Skywalker'.

Could the rumored plot line work? Sure... it's just not what I think we'll actually see.

8. Darth_Arapsis

Darth_Arapsis Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2013
    He knew, his partner suprevised the NuTrek EU. He had to know.

9. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I wonder who these voices we're not aware of yet are. This is a far more interesting article then the one we got last night IMO.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  10. stellarmagic01

Nov 1, 2012
    Whoa, it just occurred to me that this might be a real leak of a casting call... that's fake. You remember all the shenanigans they went through to keep 'No, I am your father!' out of the press with fake lines and scripts and so forth? I mean, imagine they get these people for the cast, lock the door behind them and say.

"Now, you're not playing Jacen and Jaina, we've got two thirty-year-old people lined up for that and they'll just be sitting in the background most of the time. These are your roles."

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  11. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    That article was better and more informative than the "leak". :)

12. Jango_Fett21

Jango_Fett21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    It's already been previously stated that EVII is an original story not based on any pre-existing EU material, which makes me seriously question the validity of this rumor.

13. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I hope LOTF isn't adapted. I love parts of it but it is a major PT rip-off. No thank you.

14. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    The hitfix article seems infinitely more legitimate than the Solo kids rumor... as upsetting as the content of it may be for EU enthusiasts.

15. Jango_Fett21

Jango_Fett21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    As an addendum to what I said above: when I said 'seriously question the validity of this rumor', what I meant was this: I will be shocked if it's not a complete fabrication pulled out of someone's hind-end.

16. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I'm not putting much stock in the Solo rumor, and until I see something more concrete, I'm not believing the Hitflix rumor at all.

17. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    And just think....that EU rumor is just the first of no doubt MANY EU related BS rumors to come. I can't wait till we get our first "ressurection/return" rumor that ISNT related to the OT3 *or 7 if you include chewie, R2, C3po and Lando*. Its going to be soo much fun here. I just hope Eu fans hearts aren't broken too much :p

18. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Even though I knew almost certainly it was a fake, a had a little spark of anxiety that they might actually go down that path.
    Glad they're not.

stormcloud8 and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  19. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Yep, I found this new article very reassuring. It’s also a website with a very good track record, not like the original site that first broke the “news”. Just another website that’s taken the opportunity of new Star Wars films to get some much needed traffic. I'm sure there's much more where that came from.

20. rocknroll41

rocknroll41 Jedi Master star 4

May 28, 2013
    Here's an idea: have Jacen Solo look into some force-based device that is responsible for creating countless alternate universes and he sees an alternate version of himself turn to the dark side. That way it allows for the new trilogy to be looked at just as valuable in cannon as the EU books, the old Marvel comics, the old novelizations and so on while still allowing for them all to branch out in their own directions without confusing movie goers and upsetting hardcore fans.

Abrams used a time-travel plot device in his Star Trek reboot to give his new Trek films flexibility and not confuse movie goers while at the same time not upsetting the hardcore Trekkies. So why can't he do something similar with Star Wars?

21. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    The most reasonable answer is "because he did the same exact thing with Star Trek".

kubricklynch likes this.
  22. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Which has had time travel and alternate universes established as part of the setting for over 40 years, I might add. Does Star Wars even have time travel (outside of maybe a few weird minor things like old Marvel comics)?

Edit: I guess there's "flow-walking", but I never really saw that as the same thing.

darklordoftech likes this.
  23. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Jedi Master star 1

Mar 5, 2013
  24. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    The most reasonable answer is "no".

darklordoftech likes this.
  25. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    On a separate note, I'm genuinely saddened by the people taking that first article as fact. Even if you completely throw out the "original story" stuff (and, I'll admit, that's not a straight-up adaptation of LOTF), as somebody has already pointed out, casting sheets do not work that way.

In the immortal words of Senator Vreenak, it's a faaaaaaaaaaaake.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.