main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Star Wars: Battlefront (2015) & Battlefront 2 (2017) [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by IG_2000, Jun 10, 2013.

1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    With a game like Battlefront, what would be the difference between a sequel and a reboot?

spicer and Darth-Lando like this.
  2. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    Nothing.

3. Minez01

Minez01 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 12, 2005
    Makes me wonder whether they'll try and release it before the ST and include a preview level or something, or wait to release it. They could release it earlier to de-risk the release just in case the ST content isn't great. Which would then probably set them up in prime territory for a follow up release based on the ST if the new movie turns out to be awesome. Plus releasing relatively soon would also mean jumping on board the next gen console releases, so I'm thinking they could go down that route, but who knows.

In any case, this should be good. The trailer was pretty cool. After years of games that have been up and down, this could finally be the coming of age of the star wars gaming brand this century - bigger, better, more realistic, more violent, more epic.

4. Thefinalhack

Thefinalhack Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 11, 2013
    I seriously doubt that.This game will not be a little kiddies game you can tell from the trailer and even the font in the logo

Sent via my astromech droid

5. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    The legacy of amazing story driven Star Wars games is over? Dark Forces, Jedi Knight & Outcast, X Wing series, KOTOR... RIP.

6. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
    I don't think it will be late 2014 or 2015, and the ST wont get a mention. This is going to whet our appetities for the Star Wars universe again before 'Episode VII' is out. It may introduce new worlds not seen before perhaps, but that's all.

I just hope we continue with the success and excitement that made the first 2 Battlefront games such a success and fresh take on playing in the 'SW' universe.

7. werpudel

werpudel Jedi Master star 2

Dec 4, 2008
    there are quite some battles in TCW, so there goes the kiddies' argument. if they want to do something new they will have to start digging around TCW otherwise it's only going to be a rehash of BF II, imho.

8. Thefinalhack

Mar 11, 2013
    If they add the clone wars the whole thing will have to have the same cartoony style and after seeing the teaser i seriously doubt that will happen

That is unless you mean adding the battles and characters but uncartoonigying them that would seem significantly more likely and would be probably a good idea

9. werpudel

werpudel Jedi Master star 2

Dec 4, 2008
    of course uncartooniying them. using TCW style would be ridiculous. I meant only to take the setting and the actual battles, not the drawing style

10. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    If we had the Mon Calamari underwater level and that Base/Prison Ashoka escaped from in The Jedi Who Knew Too Much I would be happy.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  11. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    A number in the title.

12. Minez01

Minez01 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 12, 2005
    I'm not sure that's exactly the case. 1313 was high on the "to do" list before it got put on hold. And they did try with SWTOR, though it didn't turn out to be the best experience that gamers had. But realistically Battlefront 3 probably should have been made 5+ years ago so I don't take this as an announcement of the direction of SW games so much as a look back at what should have happened that didn't.

spicer likes this.
  13. Thefinalhack

Mar 11, 2013
    A sequel tends to be the same game with better graphics and new levels whereas a reboot is a different game based on the original meaning more drastic changes

14. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    if they don't call it Battlefront III that would suggest a reboot. Though I'm not sure you can really reboot a series that doesn't really have a storyline or unique characters, it's just COD in the SW Universe.

15. cdgodin

cdgodin Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2009
    I'm thinking late 2014 release, considering that I read somewhere that right now they're only doing concept and probably rushed the production on that teaser to start building anticipation.

16. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012

It's more or so just running around and capturing bases, so you can call it a "reboot" all you want. It's still the third Battlefront game.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  17. Michael McKean

Michael McKean Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2013
    Despite not being a sequel to Battlefront II, I feel it will be great nonetheless. Interestingly, the Producer - DICE - are also producing Battlefield 4 and have produced previous Battlefield titles, and considering that Battlefield is a very good game - more so than COD anyway - it is a good sign. This, however, begs the question of whether Battlefront will be first-person by default, shifting away from the traditional third-person standard.

darthbarracuda likes this.
  18. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    This game will be awesome

19. darthbarracuda

darthbarracuda Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 4, 2012
    Got back from staffing at a BSA camp for a week...checked Star Wars.com.....omg...it's actually happening....omg...
    ...And then I watched the trailer and practically broke my chair while bouncing up and down.
    Sooooooooo excited for this. I can't wait until they release more trailers/footage...and especially a release date.
    :D

20. darthbarracuda

darthbarracuda Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 4, 2012

I sure hope that there's a third-person option...I'm 10 times better in third person in most games than I am in first. Plus you get to see the cool armor and stuff.

21. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I'm intruiged to see DICE's take on the franchise, if Battlefield is anything to judge by I expect massive battles on such a huge scale that hasn't been seen in either franchise!

22. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    Game confirmed to be reboot. Duh:
    http://battlefront3.net/2013/06/star-wars-battlefront-confirmed-as-reboot/

DICE Stockholm, the makers of Battlefield, are making the game, not the new DICE LA studio as we previously though:
    http://battlefront3.net/2013/06/star-wars-battlefront-is-being-developed-by-battlefield-devs/

And DICE's official statements on how they envision the game:
    http://battlefront3.net/2013/06/ea-does-not-want-a-star-wars-battlefield/

EDIT: Can a mod kindly change the title to something which indicates this thread is about Battlefront 3? I can see the title getting confusing as we get further from E3 2013.

23. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Done. Also tagged it as 'Video'. :)

24. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Just when I thought all SW-gaming hope was lost....

25. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Well, a sequel would continue from the previous game while a reboot is completely starting the series over again

darthbarracuda likes this.