main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW-Rebels Time Travel

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by garrwars, Jun 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garrwars

garrwars Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 31, 2011
    [​IMG]
    In the Mortis trilogy, Ahsoka had a vision of herself warning her about staying with Anakin. Do you think it is possible that we will see an episode of Rebels where Ahsoka (now older) visits Mortis again and is prompted by the Force to leave a message for herself?

2. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I hope not.

I mean, points for an original idea, but no, I hope not.

3. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    Ohhhh man, haha. That's not very Star Warsy, and makes something mystical a little to literal, but it is friggin' cool.

Togruta likes this.
  4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Mortis was bad enough the first time so I definitely hope not.

eht13 likes this.
  5. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Keep time travel out of SW please.

Actually, I'll clarify that. Keep travelling backwards in time out of SW at all costs. There is a narrow loophole for forwards time travel that I would be ok with - because we know that it is possible in real life. This concerns forward time dilation via the effects of general and special relativity on objects moving at high c-fractional velocities. And in a fictional setting where starships have sublight drives putting out 3,000 - 5,000 g's of acceleration, getting up to those velocities and dilating yourself into the future would actually be doable. It's a one-way trip though, since backwards time travel is impossible.

There are also other things in SW such as carbon freezing, which, while not actual time travel, have a perceived effect from the POV of a frozen person, similar to that of time travel. You go to sleep, and wake up years later with no memory of the intervening time, and have not aged at all.

But no Dr. Who time travel, no Star Trek time travel, no siree. Keep that well away from Star Wars.

Apophis_ and Circular_Logic like this.
  6. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Flow-walking?

But I absolutely agree with you. Keep time travel out of SW! Never liked the concept of flow-walking anyway, even if you cannot change the past, you should not be able to view it in "real-time".

7. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    No. Watch the Mortis scene again. There is a close up of (young) Ahsoka's eyes. You see the fire but no image of her older self. This is basically to show that what she sees and hears is in her head.

8. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Time travel and revisiting Mortis? No thanks.

JackG and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  9. Darth_Arapsis

Darth_Arapsis Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2013
    We already had time travel.

There was the Kemp book and some swoop racer ende up in the future somehow.

10. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    No, thank you.

11. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    Also, many-years older Ahsoka's wearing pretty much the exact same getup young Ahsoka's wearing on Mortis (I know, they're Jedi-types... they like wearing pretty much the same thing for days/weeks/years on end--but Ahsoka's no longer a Jedi, so I think a wardrobe change is in order by the time she reaches THAT age).

It'd be like that Bronze Dragonshrine quest line in WoW: Wrath of the Lich King, in the Dragonblight zone, where you investigate an anomaly and meet your future self, who chides you on your crappy gear--even tho, due to the game mechanics, Future You is in the exact same gear... and then later on when you get the quest to revisit the shrine, you play the other half, aiding Past You & automatically chiding him on his gear even tho it's now the same as what you now have on (I think).

...anyhoo, while kind of a neat concept, there's not much purpose to it since their memories of the events on Mortis are pretty much blanked out at the end of the arc, and what WatTamborWoo said about the reflection in Young Ahsoka's eyes...

12. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    Good observation about the clothes. Not only did she not change them or they wore out but her clothes grew bigger as she got taller aswell.

13. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
  14. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    This thread makes me think of when Tommy gives himself his communicator in the past with an ominous warning. I dislike time travel and paradoxes, its either stupid or confusing to me. This may be onto something though since Gargoyles does similar stuff alteast four times. David Xanatos got rich that way.

15. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    No thanks. This does not sound like an interesting idea for an episode. I never liked the idea of Mortis anyway.

16. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

THE PERFECT GIF!

But I concur... GOD NO!!!! NO WHO stuff in Star Wars!

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  17. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Mortis was cool IMO

18. Darth_Arapsis

Darth_Arapsis Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2013
    I did not care for it.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  19. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    I liked the first two episodes of the Mortis trilogy, but, I didn't care much for the third episode.

Anyways I have to agree with everyone else that time traveling and paradoxes should stay out of the Star Wars universe. Ahsoka's vision on Mortis was just that a vision. And as WatTamborWoo pointed out there's fire, but, no older Ahsoka reflected in the younger Ahsoka's eyes. So yeah it definitely was all in her head.

I have nothing against paradox and time-traveling ideas in fiction. However, I just don't think that the idea of older Ahsoka somehow visiting Mortis again and then traveling back in time to leave a message for her younger self would work in Rebels and the Star Wars universe in general.

20. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    IMHO the best things about Mortis were:

• Obi-Wan's vision of Qui-Gon, with Neeson cameoing as the voice actor
    • Anakin seeing the future
    • Ahsoka being turned to the dark side, complete with yellow Sith Eyes.

All just from an imagery standpoint. It looked damn cool and wasn't too plot-offensive while doing it, so I like it.

21. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I can't think of anything in Mortis that I liked, and that's rare; I can usually find something even in the worst episodes. Shades of Reason ranks right down there with Mortis but I digress.

I wanted to like Shmi's appearance but then she turned evil. WTF. And I liked the idea if Qui-Gon appearing but then Obi-Wan drew his light saber on him.

I have to sum up the whole arc with Charlie Sheen and Jennifer Grey's dialogue in the police station in Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

22. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    THIS. The only thing worse than flow walking, is Jacen Solo and they go hand in hand.

I hate everything to do with time travel in Star Wars.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.