main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series 20 Characters I'd Like to See in Star Wars Rebels (With Poll)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TheDarthTony, Jun 12, 2013.

?

Which of these characters would you like to see? (You can choose as many as you like

1. Ahsoka Tano

55.3%
  2. Shira Brie (Lumiya)

18.4%
  3. Asajj Ventress

63.1%
  4. Rahm Kota

31.1%
  5. Winter Celchu

20.4%
  6. Mara Jade

31.1%
  7. Admiral Thrawn

43.7%
  8. Han Solo

39.8%
  9. Starkiller

32.0%
  10. Kyle Katarn

39.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheDarthTony

TheDarthTony Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2013
    With the show being called Rebels, is it safe to say that it will feature some Rebels? I think that the show won’t start with the Alliance already assembled, I think we are going to watch several characters from very different places coming together for a greater purpose.
    [​IMG]
    1. Ahsoka Tano
    We never saw how she died, and I doubt they are saving her for the Episode VII era, because she would be about 20 years older than Luke and Leia. It would be very interesting to see her dealing with the fact that her friends are all dead and her master has become Vader. She could survive Order 66 by putting down her lightsabers to avoid attention. She planted the seeds of rebellion on other planets, will she rejoin them or has she found safety with her new friend Asajj Ventress?
    [​IMG]
    2. Wedge Antilles
    One of the most notable rebels, he was Red Leader of the Battle of Endor and the only pilot to survive BOTH Death Star runs. This founder of the Rogue Squadron was orphaned before turning 18 and teamed up with the Alliance shortly after his girlfriend Mala Tinero was killed by the Empire. This could be a great character to follow as we watch him lose everything he’s loved and bring that fire and intensity to the Rebels.
    [​IMG]
    3. Quinlan Vos
    George Lucas has always had a special place in his plans for Quinlan Vos, this Jedi has dabbled in the dark side but escaped Order 66 and went into hiding with Khaleen Hentz and his son Korto Vos. They have made several action figure versions of Vos and have tried to push for him to move from EU to mainstream acceptance. They didn’t use him in the Clone Wars series, but may have more in mind for him now.
    [​IMG]
    4. Rahm Kota-
    This Clone Wars General used his own militia instead of Clone Troopers, which led to his survival when Order 66 was issued. We know that he was leading troopers during the begining of Force Unleashed and had remained with the Alliance through the end of Force Unleashed 2. So depending on the timing of the series, could we possibly be seeing Kota before he goes blind?
    [​IMG]
    5. Winter Celchu
    This woman was raised as Princess Leia’s sister and companion and became her most honest companion for many years. She had a holographic and audiographic memory that made her particularly useful as a spy for the Rebel Alliance. She later would be the nanny for all of the Solo children and was also recently featured in the “Scoundrels” novel.
    [​IMG]
    6. Jax Pavan
    Star of the Coruscant Nights series, he managed to evade the purge and was even spared by Darth Vader on one occassion. He has seen some of the early rebel groups on Coruscant and could be part of tying them to the Rebel Alliance.
    Empire
    At this point in time the Empire is becoming more vicious, but hiding it with their strong use of propoganda. Where did the leaders of the rebellion recieved their training? The answer, for the most part, is from the Empire.
    [​IMG]
    7. Admiral Thrawn
    Though he was one of the highest ranking naval officers, his commission and his exsistence were kept a close secret for a very long time. In a time where humans were given most positions of authority and aliens were provided very little opportunity, he was one of the empire’s best strategists and a really interesting character.
    [​IMG]
    8. Han Solo
    That’s right, Han Solo studied at the Imperial Academy. He was top of his class and kind-of a pain in the butt before he became a scoundrel, and it could be fun to see Han Solo taking that turn. His service in the empire was far from glorious as he aided with construction and SLAVERY. On one mission he encountered Chewbacca, who had freed a ship-load of Wookiee children, and was ordered to skin Chewbacca, that refusal was the first in a long line of defiant acts that the two scoundrels would commit together.
    [​IMG]
    9. Soontir Fel
    This classmate of Han Solo, became the deadliest pilot in the Empire has gone farther then most Humans will ever be able to, he has earned respect from the Empire, the Republic and even the racist Chiss Empire of the Hand. His son, Jagged Fel would go on to lead the new Empire and marry Han and Leia’s daughter Jaina Solo. This could be a good opportunity to introduce the Fel family into the mainstream before Episode VII.
    [​IMG]
    10. Kyle Kattarn
    Star of the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series, Kyle trained at the Imperial Academy while his Father (A Jedi in hiding) was helping lead a rebel group. In the first Dark Forces game he succesfully stole some of the Death Star plans and discovered the Dark Troopers. He later becomes a Jedi Master and a member of the new Jedi Council with Luke Skywalker. This would be good for introducing him again for the new movies and also act to bring in fans of his series, and it opens the possibilities for alot of fun stories and great characters like Jerec, Jan Ors, and more.
    [​IMG]
    11. Biggs Darklighter
    Biggs was one of Luke’s oldest friends, and he often competed with Luke. He trained with the empire but soon switched sides and joined the rebel alliance. It could be fun to watch him make that transition having some friends at the academy then trying to make friends with the rebels. How do they treat people that defected from the Empire? Do some people resent him? How does his training gel with the less organized style of the early rebel alliance? Maybe some will doubt him until he saves the day in an epic dogfight.
    Sith in Training
    With the Empire in control, what will happen with new force sensitives that have been discovered. We’ve seen young Jedi in training, will we now see young Sith? Will the Hands of the Empire that we know be shown in their full fury or will we see them young?
    [​IMG]
    12. Starkiller
    He was one of the founders of the Rebel Alliance, and it would be great to see his power displayed with more modern graphics. Not to mention this could be the tie-in for Force Unleashed 3. If it takes place before Force Unleashed we could see him in training. How did Vader keep him secret? Will we see a difference between his training Ahsoka and his training Starkiller? If it takes place after Force Unleashed 2 will he be one of the leaders of the Alliance? Will he find Ahsoka? Will anyone realize that Vader is Anakin Skywalker?
    [​IMG]
    13. Maris Brood
    The Apprentice of Shaak Ti, she survived not only Order 66, but was spared by Galen “Starkiller” Marek in Force Unleashed. Though she has hints of the dark side, she is generally a Jedi, and her bad-ass Tonfa-style lightsabers would be fun to see in the show. It could also be interesting to see how her attitude clicks with rebels, or if her darkness clashes with any other Jedi survivors. Personally I would love it if she ended up becoming Starkiller’s apprentice.
    [​IMG]
    14. Darth Maul
    They brought him back from the dead and killed off his brother, so they must have some idea for what they’d like him to do. What could Palpatine have in mind for his for apprentice? Will he be used to hunt down Jedi during the purge? Will he remain in control of Mandalore? Will Vader and Maul come face to face? How does Vader feel about Maul’s exsistence?
    [​IMG]
    15. Mara Jade
    With Episode VII coming soon, some rumors say that this show will be a tool to bring EU characters into more mainstream recognition, and one of the most important characters in the history of Star Wars is Luke’s wife Mara Jade Skywalker. At this point we know that the Emperor took Mara from her parents during the purge, but we don’t know who her parents were. She was raised by the Emperor as one of his “Hands” and trained in the dark side. She was taught to be a spy and often used her youth and beauty to her advantage.
    [​IMG]
    16. Shira Brie “Lumiya”
    Another of the Emperor’s Hands she was trained by both Vader and Palpatine and the most vicious Sith to use a Lightsaber-whip. Identified as a Force Sensitive, she was raised in the Imperial Palace on Coruscant and put through Adolescent Indoctrination. She would provide an interesting perspective for us, since we haven’t seen much of how the Emperor handled non-jedi force users. We could even see her doing training missions when she was in intelligence training and have her meet other notable characters that were in training with the Empire at the time (see below). She also is a key character to bring in from the Expanded Universe due to the fact that she is the woman responsible for Jacen Solo’s fall to the Dark Side.
    Hunters
    There was alot of talk about a show happening between Episodes III and IV that would not have to do with the Jedi, the focus would be the seedy underside of Coruscant and I think it’s a safe assumption that these Brutes will have a big role in Rebels as they help hunt down the runaway Jedi.
    [​IMG]
    17. Boba Fett
    Obviously we are gonna see an teenage/young adult Boba Fett in this show. Basically the ONLY character we can count on to be in this show! Star Wars Underwold was supposedly about two families fighting for power in the underworld of Coruscant while one man is the balancing point…Boba Fett! Star Wars 1313 was supposedly the story of a young man entering the dark world of bounty hunting and piecing together the perfect set of gear for the perfect hunter…Boba Fett! It’s time to see Boba Fett starting to reach his prime. This guy carries around the lightsabers of Jedi he has killed and for a period of time would scalp Wookiee victims! He was Dengar’s best man, Darth Vader’s go-to guy, and betrayed the love of his life and mother of his child. And one day he would go on to rule the most bad-ass planet ever, Mandalore.
    [​IMG]
    18. Asajj Ventress
    This former apprentice of Count Dooku has been trained by Jedi, Sith, and Nightsisters before going solo and becoming a Bounty Hunter. She recently made friends with Ahsoka Tano many speculated that we would have seen the two working together in 1313. At one point they had described her fate, but recently have said that anything from the comics relating to her fate should be considered non-canon and overwritten by the Clone Wars TV show. Unwriting her death is a pretty obvious indication of the fact that they have plans for her. Maybe Ahsoka and her will have to work together to go into hiding.
    [​IMG]
    19. Dengar
    One of Boba’s Best Friends, his bandages cover the burns that he suffered when Han Solo cheated against him in an underground swoop race. With the cyborg enhancements that the Empire gave him, he became one of the most ruthless bounty hunters in the galaxy and kept taking bounties even as late as Jacen and Jaina’s Young Jedi Knight series. He was voiced by Simon Pegg and I doubt they are gonna let his relationship with Star Wars end already.
    [​IMG]
    20. A’Sharad Hett
    One of the most patient Sith Lords ever, he was a General in the Clone wars and even commanded Anakin Skywalker on several occasions. Young Skywalker looked up to him in many ways but their relationship was thrown off course by Hett’s sandperson heritage and the death of Shmi Skywalker at the hands of sand people. After escaping order 66, Hett escaped back to Tattooine to lead his sand people and led them until one unfortunate encounter with exiled Obi-Wan Kenobi. After that Hett worked as a Bounty Hunter until he discovered a Sith Holocron and went down the path of the dark side. A hundred years later his new One Sith Order would take over the galaxy.

2. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    My opinion is as it was in the other thread - all of the above are good.

Thrawn would be pure win.

Showing Han's days as a TIE pilot and his defection = awesome.

Maris Brood = Dark Side eye candy, and that's always good. Although I thought she didn't turn until after her master's death, which is relatively late in the RoTS-ANH timeframe (3 years before Yavin)

3. TheDarthTony

Jun 12, 2013
    As I said before
    That's why I'm curious as to the timing of the first season. If the Rebel Alliance has been formed (i.e. the original meeting/signing in Force Unleashed) then Maris has already kidnapped Organa and been spared, but if its before the founding of the Alliance, then she will be in hiding with Shaak Ti and not yet dark. The timeframe of the first season makes a huge difference on the ages of the characters, especially in this period, for all we know this could be right after Episode III and Han could be a child still at that point.

4. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Was it really necessary to fill the thread with 20 pictures (and a good number of them huge)?

Besides, we've already a 'characters you want to see in Rebels' thread. Check it out! :)

5. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    Well I am sure everyone has their favourites. But I will go for some underdogs who may have a role to play:

D SQUAD ! (minus Beezee of course):

[​IMG]

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I voted for Asajj and Han, although I would want them both done well or not at all.

Nobody else on that list I really want to see; definitely no Ahsoka, Mara or Thrawn, and from what I'm reading of Kyle Katarn so far, he's pretty much an ass so I'm not sure I want to see him either, although some Rogue Squadron stuff might be cool.

Sarge likes this.
  7. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Where's the option for none of them?

spicer and DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR like this.
  8. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012

You don't get one.

9. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I'm good with all those except Ahsoka, no offense, I'm not trying to start a Galactic war or anything

Except maybe to wrap up her arc: she dies, is in hiding, faces Vader, or has a happy ending or whatever

But if I had to choose Mara Jade and Starkiller are at the top of my list

spicer likes this.
  10. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011

No reason why that opinion should offend anyone, much less start a war.

11. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012

Had some bad experiences, not with Ahsoka or anything Star Wars related, but gives the smallest criticism or whatever over a character and the whole board flies to pieces

12. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I've had many of those experiences on this board, but as long as you aren't flaming her fans, the board flying to pieces shouldn't happen. "Shouldn't happen" as opposed to "doesn't happen," just saying that you shouldn't feel like you have to apologize for not wanting to see her in Rebels. And the fact that anyone is feeling they have to apologize, not even for disliking a character but for simply not wanting to see her in a future show, is sad.

I don't want to see Mara Jade any more than I want to see Ahsoka, but I'm not familiar with Starkiller.

13. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    I doubt Kyle Katarn would be an ass with Filoni in charge, since Filoni is no doubt a fan of the games. He's probably made out to be an ass in literature because of some authors' personal resentments of having to include a videogame character in an era where the character base mostly comes from cinematic or literary sources.

But I also doubt Kyle Katarn would appear in the first place. Although... if they retconned it so that he and Han are in the Imperial academy together, that could make for some pretty great stuff. Han quits and goes his own way, Katarn quits to actually defect, seeds are planted of Han's eventual membership in the rebellion... fun stuff.

14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I've never played any games with him in it; I'm basing my interpretation on books by Stackpole and Luceno.

15. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    Yeah, that was the impression I got. For whatever it's worth, to me, his personality was unrecognizable in most books from NJO forward.

I like to think of him as half Obi-Wan, half Han. Scoundrely, edgy, but ultimately understands the big picture of the Force.

16. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I haven't seen him outside the NJO books, although I may give the Rogue Squadron books a try at some point.

17. TheDarthTony

Jun 12, 2013
    Yea, definitely no offense taken by the Ahsoka remark. I too mostly just want to see her resolution so that I know she isn't lingering around in the galaxy somewhere. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see Vader confront her knowing who she is, but her with no idea that he is Anakin.

18. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Thanks for recreating the poll as an on-site poll after I had to lock the other one.

As was said, it would be ideal if character conversations could occur in the existing threads, but this one has a poll, so... there you go. Vote. :p

And yes, everyone is free to dislike any character and to say so... just say so in a way that does not attack or insult other posters. And other posters are not allowed to attack anyone for voicing those opinions, as long as they are presented in that way.

Trebor Sabreon and TheDarthTony like this.
  19. TheDarthTony

Jun 12, 2013
    I'm pleasantly surprised that Asajj has is doing so well in the poll. I think she is a very interesting character, and we already know that she survives through the legacy of the jedi series, so it will be interesting to see whats in store for her.

20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    When I grow up I want to be Ventress.

Seriously, I think more than half of my 10/10 ranked TCW episodes had her on it. I loved her interactions with Anakin and Obi-Wan, seeing her background in the Nightsisters arc, the way she took care of herself in Bounty (which may be the best episode in the entire series) after Talzin and Dooku screwed her over. And she didn't let that little punk Boba get in her way either.

Plenty of Ventress in Rebels could only make me happy.

whostheBossk likes this.
  21. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007

Have you shaved your head yet or are you going to wait until you get your lightsabers?

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  22. TheDarthTony

Jun 12, 2013
    When I grow up I want to be....Queen of the Stars... then a goddess

23. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Well, as long as we've the green light, eht. :)

I think most of your picks make sense, Tony.

Biggs Darklighter: As we begin to approach the start of the Galactic Civil War, Biggs, I think, is an absolute must.

Jax Pavan: Pavan is a character I always hoped to see more of, and both he and Whiplash are the type of elements I think a show set in the 'Dark Times' could really benefit from including.

Galen Marek: As long as TFU's storyline and its characters are held to be canon, Marek's story makes him vital to the founding of the Alliance, and I can't see any way it can rightfully be ignored, provided the show takes us into this time period (and I can't imagine that it won't). Personally, I'd welcome Marek, with one very large caveat: his Force powers are no longer depicted at a silly, over-the-top video game level.

Rahm Kota: Yes, please. See above. Personally, I thought that seeing Kota and his militia during TCW made for an obvious choice. Yet, we never heard a blip.

Han Solo: Yep. I'd be okay with this, and if he is included, I could see Rebels showing us Han's rescue of Chewbacca.

Mara Jade: I think there is an awful lot a show set during the Imperial period could do with it's Force-users, under the command of Sidious, and Mara Jade, I think, could be used to really great effect here. The added benefit to me is that if she does appear, this could mean good things for having Ben Skywalker show up in the ST.

Boba Fett: I think almost everyone sees Boba Fett as an absolute, and you can count me among them.

Quinlan Vos: Though we caught a glimpse of Vos in TCW, there's so much more that could be done with him. I'd welcome a less "Dude" version, though.

Wedge Antillies: Much like Biggs, if the show brings us near the Civil War, I think Wedge would be a good character to take advantage of.

Maul: Ahhh, well? Yeah, I mean, I'm not exactly thrilled that this guy is still breathing, but considering where TCW left things, I think it's fairly necessary that we see Maul return. I just hope that the guy is dealt with once-and-for-all, that we might finally move on for good.

A'Sharad Hett: It would be great to see Hett appear, and if not he, then someone needs to fill the role of threat to Obi-Wan and the Lars' during Kenobi's exile on Tatooine.

Asajj Ventress: Ventress is a character I'd love to see more of (especially if Futterman is retained).

So, that's quite a few I'd agree with. As to the rest:

Thrawn: Thrawn might be cool, but his post-ROTJ story holds far more interest with me.

Dengar: Though I like the character design, Dengar's never been one to send my imagination on flights of fancy. I guess that Boba Fett will have to have some supporting characters to surround his story, but I don't see much else happening with Dengar. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised?

Soontir Fel: Fel, himself, I'd be okay with, but I wouldn't miss him, were he not to show up. I think it's far more important that Rebels be sure to include characters who fit his role (that of an Imperial who is not faceless, a character who is held up as a hero by those in power).

Ahsoka Tano: Tano is a character I fully expect we'll see appear in Rebels, and personally, I'm okay with seeing some more of her, provided she's not one of the series' stars (I'm simply far more interested in seeing the show establish its own original characters in the lead roles). In a supporting role, where we see her now and again in the early years of the Imperial period, I think Ahsoka could be put to good use. My biggest concern, I guess, is that Tano not be anywhere near the formation of the Alliance. Marek and Kota were already squeezed into this period, which ANH tells us should be a time where the Jedi are generally considered a thing of the past. This is not to say I think that the only answer is for Tano to be dead by then (though if handled well, I'd have no problem with this), but I feel she absolutely should not be doing anything of note that people like Sidious, Vader, Tarkin, Kenobi or Master Yoda would ever be aware of, or we risk invalidating a big part of the OT's story.

Kyle Katarn: Although Katarn is a character I enjoy, and I'd like to see him appear in a series or film one day, his early years aren't really where my interest in the character really burns the brightest. That said, I think Cognomen's thought about nudging Katarn's backstory, to have him co-exist with Solo in the Academy is an interesting one.

Shira Brie: Brie is a character I could go either way with. If we are ever to see Lumiya in some form later on, I guess it would make some sense to portray her backstory some in Rebels.

Winter Celchu: Meh.

Maris Brood: Double meh.

There are other characters I'd like to see, but I only wanted to address the ones mentioned in the OP. I can save the rest for the 'Characters in Rebels' thread I mentioned before.

whostheBossk, Mia Mesharad and EHT like this.
  24. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    Good list. I would want to see most of your choices with the exceptions of a few, like Han Solo, A'sharad Hett, Dengar, and Maris Brood. But why are the characters on the poll different than the characters on the list?

25. VanishingReality

VanishingReality Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2013
    I'd like to see:
    Boba Fett: Obviously. Same with Biggs, Wedge and Han. All movie characters are a given for me. They are all interesting and can be elaborated on.
    Maul: Definitely want to see Maul head straight for Tattooine and fight Obi-wan again, and have Owen join the fray.
    Maris Brood: I really want to see Shaak-Ti and Maris is a pretty good contrast to Shaak-Ti's calm character. I would especially love to see Maris fall to the darkside. It's just not Star Wars unless the threat of a Jedi falling to the darkside is lurking around every corner.
    Quinlan Vos: I'm neutral on this character in rebels. I think his type of personality was more interesting in clone wars, because he was the 'black sheep' of the Jedi Order. With no Jedi around, he won't have anyone to compliment his personality. His power is also kind of random, learning the history of objects.

I don't want to see:

Galen Marek: I can easily see them writing past this character. Darth Vader could have had multiple secret apprentices, so why focus on the story of this one? We already know Galen Marek's story in its entity from this era, so re-hashing it would be boring.
    Rahm Kota: Same problem as above
    Mara Jade: I find this character bland. I like the idea of a true dark-side user worthy to serve the emperor as a hand. That would make a threatening villain and a contrast to a hero. But without some kind of Mara Jade and Luke rivalry, I wouldn't see the point of having Mara serve this role.
    Winter Celchu: Boring character, serves no point.

Maybes
    Asajj Ventress: I would love to see her, but as a neutral or evil party. I don't want her helping the good guys despite being a Dark Jedi
    Ahsoka Tano: I think her story was completed perfectly in TCW. I think there's something to be said for a character's fate being left open to interpretation. Also she could easily be written wrong. (Ahsoka being too emo could get annoying, and too happy might invalidate the darker setting)
    Thrawn: As long as he doesn't upstage the Sith Lords or make the imperials appear too competent. I think he's best as a villain when he's on his own.

Mzukiller likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.