main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Ancient Sith

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by darklordoftech, Jun 12, 2013.

1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Will ancient Sith history be acknowledged in Rebels?

mes520 and Dra--- like this.
  2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    That's a good idea; I hope so.

3. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    If we see any Sidious/Vader scenes, then possibly. That's the only time I could see it coming up.

darklordoftech likes this.
  4. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Sidious: Lord Vader, how are our Star Forge recreation efforts going?
    Vader: They are going well, my Master.

I remember somebody suggesting that Sidious would seek out artifacts of the Rakata and Sith.

Dark Lord Tarkas and Dra--- like this.
  5. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    It would be interesting to see the people realize what they've gotten themselves into... that it's not just, "Oh well, the trains run on time, Sith or no Sith," but it's "Ohhhhh shoot, that's the price for the trains running on time..."

6. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011

I agree.

One thing I would like to see is citizen reactions to the new Empire, pro-Empire and anti-Jedi sentiment as well as the opposite. "We're finally at peace! The Jedi couldn't keep us out of war/are to blame for the war!" etc.

7. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I'm not sure about the people finding out that Palpatine is a Sith before the end of ROTJ.

8. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Would the average person even know what the hell a Sith is though, and would they care if they did know?

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  9. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Either way, Sidious engineered the Invasion of Naboo and the Clone Wars.

10. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    He did, but I don't even think the Jedi knew about that. Anakin would be the possible exception and by ROTS, he had lost so many IQ points that he couldn't figure it out.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  11. Praenomen Cognomen

Mar 24, 2013
    Right, because if there's any real SW parallel for Western life and politics right now, it's this trilogy-interim era... when people associate themselves with groups in a lobbyistic way with an "enemy of my enemy is my friend" point of view, taking on the identity of an entire party simply because they oppose the other party, often overlooking the dangers of that which they associate themselves with (or, at least, not doing anything about it). People bicker over the details of policy, thinking they're fighting for something important despite the fact that either alternative still serves the people on top.

I just realized how interesting it could be to see the Imperial senate... where they don't have to pretend that it all matters the way they did with TCW, but they can actually showcase the futility of it.

12. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    "He's a Sith Lord." "It appears the chancellor is behind everything, including the war." "Anakin replaced Count Dooku as Palpatine's apprentice."

13. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    What I would love to see is Sidious and Vader utilizing ancient Sith holocrons. Sidious inherited a number of holocrons from his Master and I am sure he would be hungry to collect more of these relics, to increase his knowledge and power in the Dark Side. If they decide to show us significant events from the Imperial POV, I can definitely see greater exploration of Sith beliefs and policy. It would be really cool to see one or both of the Sith Lords make a journey to Korriban to explore the tombs of the ancient Sith Lords, like Plagueis did. In fact, that would give us a potential opportunity to actually see a Sith spirit! Recall that Plagueis managed to commune briefly with Marka Ragnos... Finally, I want to see Byss, the planet that served as the Emperor's stronghold during the Imperial era and was a powerful conduit of the Dark Side. There are so many opportunities to delve into Sith lore.

Having a powerful Sith Lord like Sidious rule the galaxy is like opening up a veritable Pandora's box, a bottomless well of evil. We should see the two Sith Lords really put the 'Dark' in Dark Times.

Edit: Perhaps we will get to see a vision of Darth Bane himself if Sidious keeps Bane's holocron:
    [​IMG]

14. Praenomen Cognomen

Mar 24, 2013
    Wait, so... where this discussion actually brings us is:

- People did know about the Sith, but thought they were associated with the Separatists.
    - People don't know Palpatine is a Sith.

I guess that makes sense, but, Palpatine's involvement with the CIS, creating a "shadow rebellion..." I guess that probably wasn't ever revealed, was it? Or perhaps it came out after the point at which he already had total control, after the dissolution of the senate... hmm. Interesting stuff for Rebels to handle.

15. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I was talking about what Obi-Wan and Yoda know, not what the public knows.

16. Praenomen Cognomen

Mar 24, 2013
    Right, I mean, I think they probably eventually came to know everything... but do we have any idea what the public actually knows? Bleh, I dunno.

17. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    All we know is that as of ROTS, Obi-Wan and Yoda know everything while the public knows nothing.

18. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Obi-Wan and Yoda were in no position to tell anyone anything, as they were outlawed and supposed to be dead.

19. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I never said otherwise.

Circular_Logic gets what this thread is about!

Circular_Logic likes this.
  20. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    If they have a major ongoing arc set on Onderon, it might be worth it to bring up the dark past of that world.

It's actually the place where Exar Kun fell to the dark side, among other things.

21. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    The "average person"? Well, two polls out in the last week say something about the answer. The first showed that 55% of New Yorkers can't name a single candidate in their upcoming mayoral election. The other showed that 68% of Japanese citizens say that they care more about the imminent "election" that's being held to determine the nation's favorite member of AKB48 than they care about their country's upcoming political elections.

So, if the people in the GFFA are anything like the people here on Earth, the answer seems to be "no".

22. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Exar Kun FTW!

23. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Also the place where the final Emperor Palpatine clone was defeated in Dark Empire.

I'm not overly familiar with much of the ancient Sith EU, but I imagine Ragnos, at least, would treat Sidious the same way he did Plagueis; as a traitor to the ancient Sith Lords of Korriban, a man willing to abandon those traditions in a mad quest for eternal life and power. Perhaps Exar Kun would consider Sidious the same way. Of course, Palpatine would probably consider the ancient Sith Lords beneath him, and would only be interested in their ancient knowledge in order to increase his own power in the Dark Side, ultimately culminating in his desire for eternal life and reshaping the galaxy in his own image, i.e. that of the alleged Sith'ari. The most powerful Sith, nay, the most powerful being in existence.

24. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Quite of the few "ancient Sith Lords of Korriban" weren't averse to trying to live forever in one fashion or another. Karness Muur- one of the earliest. Darth Aneddhu. And so forth.

25. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    don't forget that being a Sith is all about advancing the self