main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Oya manda!: The Mandalorian/Republic Commando Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by The_Mandalorian_, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Commander_Ducky

Commander_Ducky Jedi Master star 3

Nov 5, 2008
    While I admit that it's possible (and even fairly simple) to provide an in-universe explanation that doesn't change canon, it still leaves me on edge. Boba remained 'hidden' for four years (iirc) after he was presumed dead-by-Carkoon. The article says "For years it remained hidden away" (with these years being ones where Boba is still considered dead). The "years" it remained hidden could simply be some time span within those 4 years, but still, l personally get the impression that a longer time is implied. I feel that, canon-unchanged, the way the books 'explanation' is worded seems very odd. Of course, I've been quite paranoid and on-edge about possible canon changes ever since the new movies were announced, so I may just be being unreasonable and over-reactionary. :p

2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Maybe an older pic- perhaps of McLachan as Maud-Dib, would fit better?

3. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Nah, that line is no concern.

As mentioned by Revanfan the entire book will be an IU document. It is also written by authors who have gone out of their way to include EU stuff in their works.

4. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I never actually had a discernible face in mind for Roly, but for Parja I'm thinking Jolene Blalock might be a good fit. Or maybe it's just the braids that're getting me.

[​IMG]

5. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I have never been a fan of hers (Enterprise left a bad taste in my mouth), but I think she would work.

[​IMG]

6. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I don't normally do casting, so I sure don't have any ideas. Enterprise annoyed me thanks to the Rura Penthe nonsense.

7. Hansa

Hansa Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 19, 2013
    For Holy Roly, I always saw someone who was in his late 40's. Kind of thin with graying hair, slightly gaunt face and a reassuring smile.

Not sure which actor it should be.... but that's my idea of him. Any ideas?

She looks like a model Mandalorian woman. Looks tough -- and she is beautiful, which doesn't hurt. My vote on her as well.

8. Jayk Szarii

Jayk Szarii Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2013
    I'd say either Brendan Gleeson or Gary Oldman would make a great Melusar, but I'd also rather see them as bigger characters. Either one would also make a great Pellaeon.

9. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Oya and welcome Jayk.

[​IMG]

10. Jayk Szarii

Jayk Szarii Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2013

Vor'e!

11. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Ah, let's give cheers to Crucible by Troy Denning. Yet another Mandalorian character which had some personality is turned into Denning's personal assistant-of-a-bad-guy. RIP, The True Mirta Gev. I wish Denning could just keep his hands to himself. My personal headcanon is that Mirta is just "working for" Vestara so that she can shoot her in the back later.

12. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Not to make it seem like I'm picking on you, but have you actually read Crucible, Revanfan1? I find second-hand information usually tends to skew what actually happens in a book. As I said in the Crucible thread, from what I gather this doesn't actually even seem too OOC for Mirta, considering her heritage.

13. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Well, no. But... Mirta hates Sith, and Vestara is very clearly Sith.

14. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    OK, lets give the casting nominations another day then we will move onto voting.

Also what character from the EU would we like to present for discussion in the new EUC Character Discussion topic?

I was thinking that for the first time around we might look back to a KotOR era Mandalorian like Canderous Ordo as our inclusion, but it could be anyone. Ideas?

15. Hansa

Hansa Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 19, 2013
    I think Canderous is fleshed out enough for an in-depth discussion. :D

Robimus and Revanfan1 like this.
  16. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Agreed. Canderous is a great character.

Robimus likes this.
  17. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Most certainly agreed. I wouldn't mind learning more about him myself. ;)

[​IMG]

18. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Robimus, Bardan_Jusik

Had a look at Canderous' Wook bio - it states that:
    Could that have been a Vong Scout ship? Sounds very similar in appearance, armament and choice of escape vector.

19. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Yes, it was an intentional reference added into KOTOR to the NJO series. He did, in fact, encounter the earliest known Vong scout in the galaxy.

20. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    So unless I've missed one we apparently only have two nominations for Parja Bralor.

Katie Sackhoff
    Morena Baccarin

So lets begin the voting for Parja! Voting for Roly will then take place once Parja's casting has been completed.

21. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Now you people have gone and done it, Katie Sackhoff and Morena Baccarin, it can't get much tougher than that.

22. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    My vote is for Morena.

23. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I'll also vote for Morena.

Robimus likes this.
  24. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Morena for me, please!

Robimus likes this.
  25. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I am going to stick with Katie Sackhoff.

[​IMG]

Robimus likes this.