main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Diversion--An AU Obi-Wan diary starting mid-ROTS--Updated 5/25

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthIshtar, Jan 1, 2013.

1. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    A nice, upbeat tone there. A shame it'll change so quickly... Love the bit about Grievous looking over his shoulder. :D Obi-Wan, don't be too Anakin-esque. ;)

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Hi, everyone. Sorry, but I'm from Boston and last week sort of freaked me out so that I couldn't write anything that dealt with violence or war for a while. This post went by the wayside. I am back and I am going to update more frequently.

ENTRY 9

We have a few hours before we arrive at Utapau. Anakin is actually asleep, a state that I did not believe possible for the first several years of his apprenticeship. There were times when I would have to confiscate every piece of machinery within a five-kilometer radius and would still find him trying to improve the lighting in his bedroom. I hope that his children have the same predisposition so that he will understand where my grey hairs came from.

We are under radio silence for the time being, but I have been sensing a shift in the current of the Force. It is not the calm before the storm. It is the hour before the clouds begin to disperse. I have not felt this kind of hope in months and possibly years.

I don't know if the Force is trying to hasten my actions, to encourage my zeal for peace, or if it is promising me a better day to come. Whatever the reason, I look forward to seeing justice done in the hours and days to come.

3. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Senseless violence is something that I believe many of us will never understand.

Hopefully this is the beak in the clouds and not a precursor to the peace that is in the far future

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

"The Starman and Moon Goddess."

4. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    No need to apologize. [:D]And nice little post. The calm before the storm, and maybe the break too.

5. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    Hi, just found this. I"m really enjoying Obi-Wan diary in an AU setting. Very good.

Loved the Anakin trusted him enough to tell him of his marriage, and that Obi-Wan is making decisions that unknowing to him may prevent a very great tragedy concerning Anakin. - that is, if the council doens't push him.

VEry wise of Yoda to suggest waiting until he is back before breaking this news to the council, and I loved Obi-Wan and Yoda's visit. I could so see that.

Palps isn't happy, but good for Obi-Wan. This should be very interesting.

I hope your health is better.

I'm lookign forward to more. If you do tags I would appreciate one whenever you post again. :)

6. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    OK, Now all caught up.

Great move, for Obi-Wan to insist taht Anakin come with him to Utapao..takes him out of the path of Palps plan ...but will Palps try to launch it anyway?

I so understand your feelings about Boston, it was senseless and heartbreaking...

I'm glad you are posting again...looking forward to more.

7. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    ENTRY 10

It seems incredible to be putting these words down, but I am writing this entry after the demise of General Grievous. Utapau has been liberated. Grievous died. The Separatists are without a political or military leader. Where we had once spoken of conditions of victory, those conditions are now within reach.

I will not assume that the Separatists will go down so easily, but they can do little more than negotiate at this point and that is where we should have been able to end this war three years ago. Jedi like Anakin Skywalker and Mace Windu have done an admirable and incredible thing on the behalf of the Republic, but it is time to put our trust in the more ordinary heroes.

And speaking of Anakin, I think today was the first time our friendship has truly reflected what it used to be since his revelation. We fought as brothers again, without wondering if the Force was guiding us or if we were violating the Code. We conquered. We came out of it alive, if not in one piece.

He finds it inordinately funny that I had the good sense to break a bone in my foot. I forgot myself and attempted to kick out Grievous' knee joint, forgetting that his knee joint was made out of the stuff of starship hulls. He's offered to steal Master Yoda's gimer stick so I can hobble around properly. He had the good grace to refrain from laughing outright, but the young whelp has smirked at me at every chance. I wish I did have the gimer stick to give him a good rap on the skull.

Our report is filed with the Council and we will be home soon to see where the Force takes us next.

obimom likes this.
  8. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    That's the Anakin we know. Teasing Obi-Wan. :)

9. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Lol, good to see them on better terms. :)

10. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Great intry...funny and so much better having Anakin with Obi-Wan instead of being turned by Palps...

Ha - Anakin laughing at Obi-Wan... I could just see it.

Interesting to see what happens next.

11. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    ENTRY 11

We stopped off to refuel and found a message from Master Windu waiting for us. I have an assignment once I return to the Temple: to be the Council's official liaison to the Loyalist Committee. Due to my friendship with Bail Organa and my unknown role as Senator Amidala's "father-in-law," I have long been associated with them. It is time to formalize our alliance and the Council feels it appropriate that the Chancellor's Jedi representative take point on the peace initiative.

With Grievous out of the way, they have more need of a negotiator than ever before. The Council will wait until we have a full quorum to move against the Chancellor and the Council members are being recalled. If Master Windu had his way, things would not be done so diplomatically; he believes that the Chancellor will not leave office under his own power. I believe that he will have no other choice.

12. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Ah, no charging in with lightsabers drawn. I approve! :)

13. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    This will be interesting to see how thing fare the diplomatic way. We already know what the results were when it happened the other way...:)

14. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Without Anakin to swing things, he doesn't have someone to do the real dirty work for him, IMHO. That would affect his handling of the end of the war. On the other hand, his 'diplomatic solution' with the Separatists will be also interesting.

15. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Going in guns a-blazing or lightsabers a-blazing is fun/exciting. But not always helpful.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

"The Starman and Moon Goddess."

16. Nightvision91

Nightvision91 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2013
    I just started to read this yesterday and am hooked. Incredible story and a nice twists to things.

17. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I'm so bad. I'm so very bad. I won't promise to post in the next few days because I'm leaving for a 6-day vacation tomorrow! I will post when I'm back.

18. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Have a great time. :) And please post when you get back. ;)

19. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007

I've been worse. Should have updated SOMETHING before now.