main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Who here thinks that the script is done?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by budspencer, Jun 13, 2013.

1. budspencer

budspencer Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 23, 2010
    Looking at the latest info i am pretty positive that at least the first draft is done and that revision will occur down the road but i would say that the story is there.

The have gathered the designers so usually that means that they got the story canned.

I think its a done deal now!

2. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Yes I think it's pretty muck locked in & casting should be under way now ......

3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I'd vote for mid-second draft myself. They'll probably tweak even more when the actors are cast.

4. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    IDK nowadays scripts can be written and rewritten even during filming so there is no way to know for sure. Most likely they got a basic idea and are getting ready to begin casting.

5. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    I think that the overall story the script follows is finished, but I doubt that the actual script has been completed.

6. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001

This.

7. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I think it's done but might be tweaked.

bergstrom likes this.
  8. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    The core script is done. Obviously there will be tweaking to it all the way up through re-shoots etc... that's why re-shoots exist.

Sum-Wan and Granger like this.
  9. jedinightwing

jedinightwing Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2009
    They probably have a few more revisions left to do before they begin filming (along with all of pre-production). but yes. It will probably be revised up until the final cut of the film.

Granger likes this.
  10. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Time for storyboarding!

JainaSoloYJK and WatTamborWoo like this.
  11. Granger

Granger Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    Another vote for done but they will revise it all the way through filming.

12. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Likely location scouting first. Hard to story board a scene when you aren't sure of the evironment said scene is taking place in. Obviously not an issue for in studio shots where they will build the set etc though. Still, location scouting "usually" comes first. We've already heard the Scottish Highlands location rumor... which hints they've been in that process for a while actually.

13. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    I agree. I think the first draft is down and being used to get the right people in place before they revise it.

=P~

14. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    They'll probably be at least a draft in and revising through a couple (at least) more to refine the story and characters. Changes will continue right through pre-production and shooting, but hopefully the main beats and arcs are roughly set already.

15. Deejo

Deejo Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 22, 2010
    I am an artist, I would give my left nut to be a storyboard artist on this!

16. Jae-Dec

Jae-Dec Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2013
    I doubt they have the final draft of the script complete, but the overlay of the story and first draft is more than likely done.

17. w4tkn

w4tkn Jedi Master star 1

Jan 25, 2013
    It largely has to be done, minus some re-write's and tweaks other wise they would not know the requirements of locations and how long to book and how long to book the sound stages for.

18. Reveen

Reveen Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 4, 2012
    It's either go on a year long booze and coke bender and then get the script in at the last minute, or get it written first and then go party. Either way, yeah it's probably done, someone has a cup of two day old coffee sitting on it and everything.

Granger and w4tkn like this.
  19. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    I think it is done. As others have said there may be a few rewites and changes as production starts.
    One thing that I don't think will happen too much is the "linear editing" which was part of GL's process. GL, in AOTC, for example revisted concept designs when he thought he needed some action towards the end of AOTC (in the Droid foundry).
    As such what is written now is what they will work with. Hence announcements about the concept artists.

w4tkn likes this.
  20. w4tkn

w4tkn Jedi Master star 1

Jan 25, 2013
    Yeah with dog earned corners and the words 'more intense' scribbled a few key points, the Jar Jar scene has big lines through it with the words 'See me' next to some initials. At the end is has B+ and a smiley.

21. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I think the script was actually completed long ago. In fact I would say that since JJ has been on board they have been "tweaking" it relentlessly -- NOT that much tweaking is needed IMO since MA is as avid a fan as JJ & co.

Pro Scoundrel and LunarMoth like this.
  22. Skywalker2B

Skywalker2B Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    I believe that the scripts (notice that it's plural) have been done for a while now. I think that they've written the scripts for 7-9 and will be filming some scenes concurrently and possibly even filming scenes for the spin-offs.

23. lord_eidolon

lord_eidolon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 2, 2004
    This. Maybe a second or third draft, with finer details that may be changed or juggled as the project develops.

24. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    I think like many aspects of this, WAY more is done than we know.

25. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I think it's done.