main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Should Luke be single, married, divorced, or a widower?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by newdawn12, Apr 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Well, tbh, Anakin and/or Vader always was a giant *******, no matter what he did in RotJ. And I am saying this despite being a huge fan of Vader. The only time he was a "good person" was as a nine year old imo.

But his greed is understandable. He grew up having nothing, neither power over himself, the faith of his relatives nor his destiny. So now he feels the need to compensate for that. He is frightened that if he doesn't hold onto power it will be taken away from him and he has good reasons to think that way. He is a control freak and I can kinda sympathize with that.

Edit: Language.

kainee likes this.
  2. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Guys. Language. ;)

JainaSoloYJK and Sean Sinclair like this.
  3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Oops, my bad.

As far as Vader--I couldn't stand him in ANH or ESB, he was a one-dimensional villain whose violent behavior was gratuitous. I wanted the PT to stay as far from that as possible.

kainee and eht13 like this.
  4. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Thanks. :D

Regarding Vader... he may have been one dimensional in ANH, but I still loved him... haha. And in TESB I don't see him as being one-dimensional anymore; he already exhibits second thoughts about blindly following the Emperor, about harming Luke, and even about killing a subordinate who failed him (Piett goes unpunished at the end when they lose the Falcon).

5. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I lose all objectivity when it comes to Vader in OT.
    He's badass all through it and I love every second of his screen time.

6. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    He is quite mysterious in ANH. He stands out like a sore thumb in midst the other imperials, doesn't seem as impressed with the Death Star but still risks his life for the Empire. Quite the enigmatic character and it is no surprise he went on to become as popular as he is now.

7. Reveen

Reveen Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 4, 2012
    I always liked how cool and casual Vader was about everything in the OT. His first scene is him taking a stroll through a hallway littered with bodies. He force chokes people as if he's swatting a fly. Half the reason the ESB duel was so cool and scary was because he was toying with Luke, like a cat playing with a mouse before eating it.

Then I see ROTS and he's all yelling and killing and icing the separatist council with by stomping after them with these big swings instead of locking the doors and just taking it casual. It just don't feel like Vader.1

Then you got all these EU materials where he's an angry murderbot, feh.

1. Of course rewatching the scene he does this over the back laser block on some schmuck droid, nice touch. But then he has to drop from the ceiling after Nutey like Batman or something.

Toonimator likes this.
  8. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Anyway, should Luke be single, married, divorced, or a widower? :)

9. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    That probably means we've killed this topic. :p

10. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Oh well... there is a limit on what a few people can say on a certain topic based on no information whatsoever...

11. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Right, and I would just like to say that I think Luke should definitely be one of those things. :)

12. EHT

Sep 13, 2007

Everyone sure gave it their full effort though. Congrats everyone. :p

13. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    We aim to please and displease. ;)

kainee and eht13 like this.
  14. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    So, we calling it a wrap? :p

15. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    I think that Luke would be touched that we care so much about his social life.

16. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Or he should get a restraining order for the lot of us.

17. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Hey, just because I want him frozen in carbonite and hanging from my wall doesn't mean I'm dangerous.

18. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    He should be quite well protected, in fact.

If he survives the freezing process, that is.

19. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Well, if the EU is to be believed, Han fathered three kids, so apparently it all survives the freezing process.

kainee, mJedi775, eht13 and 6 others like this.
  20. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  21. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Sometimes he amazes even himself.

22. Slash78

Slash78 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2004

Maybe Han should ask Robert Baratheon about paternity tests.

kainee likes this.
  23. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    I am [face_laugh] at this recent string of posts...

24. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    I said NOTHING about a standard or a requirement, I said it gives a better understanding of the story.

25. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    I DID get the impression from watching the movie as far as who Anakin was, it made perfect logical sense given how he felt about Padme. Remember, that is just YOUR impression, which doesn't mean it is the end-all; maybe you just missed the boat. It is not a requirement to read the book (nor did I say it was), it just helps, and that is true of just about ANY movie that was made from a book; you understand it better by reading the book.

The problem is, you were reaching very deeply as far as what your opinion was on Anakin to things that ALSO weren't in the movie; the things you were saying were just your induction. You were talking about whether or not he would die for Padme, whcih was a huge stretch. I merely pointed out that based on the story, I thought you were wrong, and that the deeper explanation of the story in the book gave further evidence that you were wrong. Fine to have an opinion on the character, but your opinion was based on a faulty premise, as evidenced by the book.

kainee and Darth Chiznuk like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.