main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Zelda Fans Come Hither...

Discussion in 'Community' started by alpha_red, May 11, 2004.

1. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Love the title and that they used a play on words just like with ALTTP. I'm guessing no release date was set for it?

2. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Exciting! :D

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I think it's still scheduled to come out by year's end.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  4. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Nice. Both trailers look great. And yeah, that wall-hugging thing looks very interesting. I wonder just what its limitations are.

5. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    It appears none, but from the minute long E3 trailer it shows that it costs magic, but so does using the hammer and shooting an arrow?! And even when using a bomb it looks like something is going on with the magic meter, so it's pretty unclear now unless you guys know something I don't. Notice that half of the magic meter depletes when using the fire rod/staff, but at least that makes sense to me.

Furthermore, concerning the "wall-hugging thing", I would guess that in some dungeons, there will be a huge gap where you won't have enough magic to cross in 2D. Or in the lava level there will be a "lava-fall" where you won't be able to cross in 2D. I would guess you can't go 2D while in water. Who knows. It definitely appears that this new ability will add a whole new "depth" to puzzle solving and exploration...literally...and I'm excited. :D

Edit: It looks like the magic meter slowly refills itself.

6. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    The logo is leading to "evil version of the Triforce" theories.

7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I think it's just meant to reflect (no pun intended) the concept of a Light and Dark World.

However, it would be cool if they did introduce some kind of Dark Triforce concept based on the old OOT shield speculation w the fourth Triforce piece.

8. JangoMike

JangoMike Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2003
    I know im a little late to the party, but I just started playing Skyward Sword.....great game........

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I need to get back to SS. You'll probably finish it before I manage to pick it up again, heh.

10. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I think it's so awesome that ALTTP is getting a sequel!

11. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    I need to do a second run through TP and SS but I've got the Oracle games to go through now.

EDIT: Just think, next E3 they will showcase the new Zelda title for Wii U (probably shown in a Nintendo Direct before the event). They were contemplating showing it off at E3.

Also, don't you think the 2D artwork of Link on the wall is similar to the design from the opening cinematic legend from The Wind Waker?
    [​IMG]

darklordoftech likes this.
  12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    It is similar, but I can't stop staring at that awesomely updated ALTTP Link next to it....

13. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Aaah... now it's got me wanting to go back through ALTTP with updated sprites to match these.

On a side note, that fragmented mask covering Midna's left eye reminds me of the design of the eyes from Majora's Mask.

14. JangoMike

JangoMike Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2003
    Will we ever see a Legend of Zelda movie??? If so, can it please not SUCK!!!!!!!!!!

15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Nintendo is holding the rights to that- they don't want to risk the rep of their top series with a bad movie.

That said, it's my destiny to direct an ALTTP film adaptation, so I will have to break Nintendo's resolve somehow ;).

16. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I can't wait for awesomely updated ALTTP Zelda and ALTTP Ganon

17. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Speaking of which, an explanation for Ganon being alive in original LOZ would be much appreciated!

18. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Edit: triple post

19. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    There's a glitch. Please delete my last four posts

20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I will once I'm on my desktop.

As for Ganon in LOZ- he was resurrected somehow. I believe it's implied that the Nightmare in LA was Ganon's spirit, and that leads to his "empty" resurrection at the end of the Oracle games. And they are all in the Fallen Hero timeline before LOZ.

So, since we know his spirit lingers and that he can be brought back in his Ganon form (he's never again Ganondorf in LOZ or AOL) by either witches or (if the same rules from AOL apply) the blood of the hero poured on his ashes, we can reasonably infer something along those lines occurred before LOZ.

21. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    it's not implied anywhere
    This I agree with. The question is what that something is. We want details.

22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    The Link from ALTTP goes out adventuring after defeating Ganon in the Dark World, hits up Holodrum and Labryntha (or whatever the name is, forget off hand) where witches resurrect Ganon in the Light World.

He then sets out for the seas, only to come upon a storm that (depending on how literally one takes the nature of the dream world) an island manifested by the Windfish, who is beset upon by a malevolent spirit that just happens to take on the forms of Ganon, his minions and a few Dark World dungeons (that were a reflection of Ganon's heart).

It seems implied Ganon is connected- even if some of that stuff can be attributed as coming from Link instead of the Nightmare directly, there is still some sort of real world influence going on.

23. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I always read it was Link's memories from ALTTP.

24. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I kind of wish they'd kept Link's Awakening off the timeline and just acknowledged it as the goofy Ys inspired gaiden game it so plainly was.

25. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Except that Link's Awakening was created as a sequel to A Link to the Past. Four Swords Adventures is the game that I would have kept off the timeline.