main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The odyssey of the Kerebuy hawk, part 17 End of the odyssey (story complete)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, May 23, 2013.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    A bittersweet update. Glad he'll be safe, but sad all the mementos/keepsakes will be lost ... but it's necessary. [face_thinking]

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  2. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Oh :-( , I know how hard it is to loose a keepsake that's been with you since ever.

earlybird-obi-wan and Jade_eyes like this.
  3. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Yes, this was indeed bittersweet. :_|

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    The Jedi things had to go. You will see why in a future part but firt some nice moments for Halfir and sad ones for Jesin.

Part 9

“Halfir Majeski, wake up. Halfir let me see you respond. Do you need something for the pain? Do you feel nauseous?”

Halfir opened one eye and saw a fuzzy green shape. Opening the other eye revealed more of the green shape. It was huge and fuzzy. And the bass voice? He croaked “no pain. No nausea. Jabba?”

“Jabba? Jabba the Hutt!” A roaring laughter followed. “Take this medicine to improve your throat. And this will let you see more of me.”

Halfir began to move the lozenge around with his tongue and felt a cloth on his face.

“He calls you Jabba!”

That was a soft feminine voice and Halfir recognised it. He had heard the girl assuring that he and the Jedi were safe. “Who are you and you?”

“I am uh Jabba the Hutt uh no kidding I am Kyle Derquin and one of the famous sleep-doctors here in Mos Eisley university hospital.”

“I am a famous student assistant doctor Tonia Egvards.”

Halfir sensed the fun the two were having and opened his eyes again to see two green capped and clothed humans. One was huge and the other small and with girlish features. And with his throat improving he stated “I am Halfir Majeski, merchant and humble freighter pilot with a debt to the awesome crime-lord Jabba the Hutt after selling him some fake goodies and now again just like the first time coming back with real good stuff from Mustafar.” He heard soft beeping sounds and turned his head this and that way. There was the clear signature of a being with the power of the engwa eiaala. He kept his gaze towards that bed and saw the boy with his head bandaged and a tent like structure covering the lower half of the bed. And that had him exploring more using his right hand. The left arm was trapped in some soft material. He could move his fingers. He felt bandages everywhere and lifted his right hand to his face to see the IV taped to his hand. And he felt his face and remembered. “My beard is gone.”

“Grady has shaved that singed Nerf fur away,” Kyle said. “Irvin will tell you more about your injuries after you are transported a medium care room.”

‘Uhh’

Beep pi beep pi.

Halfir heard a grunt and some beeping sounds, felt a band around his left upper arm constricting and relaxing after some time. And that was followed by more beeping sounds coming from the bed with the Jedi.

‘Uhh’

There, again that soft sound. “Is he waking up?” He saw Tonia walking to the bed.

“He is waking up,” Tonia replied. “You are awake enough now to go to a normal care room humble freighter pilot.”

“Tonia,” Halfir saw Kyle reaching for the leads attached to a monitor. “Can you put me in the same room as Jedi boy?”

“Grady told me that you have asked that. We have a room ready for you and him. Kyle will get you to your room and I will follow soon with Jedi boy.”

“Ready for transport.” Kyle had the bed moving away.

“Jesin Fialka. I am a Jedi padawan… uh… was….”

Halfir heard a soft whimper when he was guided out of the recovery room.

“Tonia will care for him and get him as soon as possible to your room.”

tbc

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Nice that Halfir and Jesin can be together. I like Kyle and Tonia. @};- Very discreet and caring and fun.

6. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    That was very sweet! @};-

7. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Tonia and Jesin are in the next part

Part 10

“Shh Jesin Fialka. I know and will keep you safe. Don’t you worry. Uh you have a nice name.”

‘Jedi don’t cry and don’t show their emotions. I am a Jedi or was. Are all the Jedi gone? All would cry feeling the way I am feeling the darkness, the realisation that your loved ones are gone.’ Jesin had thoughts tumbling through his mind and opened his eyes to see a bed and a man leaving. A woman with a nice face and clad in greens was at his bed. She had a soft cloth and wiped his tears – he had again tears – away. There were more tears coming and he cried “my friends, my family all gone. I am all alone.”

“You are not alone Jesin Fialka. My friend Beru Lars brought you here.”

“Beru’s husband didn’t want a Jedi in the house. He gave her the advice to take me to a hospital in Mos Eisley.”

“That is Owen Lars and he was right. A great team of teachers and nurses – my friends – treated you.”

“Medicines must account for me feeling numb or is it the absence of my Jedi friends.” Jesin saw a face turning sad. “I am safe?”

“You are. We have no love for what the republic has become. It is now an empire under the rule of Palpatine. He ordered the extermination of the Jedi.”

“Why? What have we done wrong?” He sure had seen the clones with their hard looks. He had felt the disbelief when friends were struck down.

“Palpatine held a speech and gave overwhelming evidence that the Jedi wanted to overthrow the republic. I don’t believe that. And my friends neither. We will do anything possible to keep you safe. Your order sent a message to go into hiding. We have destroyed everything that can lead to you being recognised as a Jedi. I will guide you now to the room of the man who saved you from the stormtroopers.”

‘Stormtroopers is an apt name for the clones. This is real. I am here and my friends are gone. But I have new friends and maybe.’ Jesin blinked with his eyes and mumbled “he has to be a Jedi deceiving those stormtroopers. I like to meet him.”

“His name is Halfir Majeski,” Tonia began to guide the bed out of the recovery room and saw eyes blinking. Waking up had been quite emotional for her patient.

tbc

Hazel
    Jade_eyes
    AzureAngel2

The next update will be next month;)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  9. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    At least he is safe... for now.

10. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    O:)

Two more double updates. I am not such a quick reader at present with all the job hunting going on in the meantime.

But I am glad he is safe... for now.

11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    I am back and here is the next short chapter dealing with two sleepy guys

Part 11

“Halfir is awake, has no pain and nausea thanks to the adequate medication and is quite responsive,” Kyle Derquin grinned when he guided the bed in medium care room seven. He had passed double doors marked isolation ward leading to an airlock where he had doffed new greens and had led the bed with his patient towards a door marked seven.

“Welcome in our secure room,” Irvin Callis sat up on a bed with rumpled sheets and covers. He had been the one to initiate the hazmat protocol when he heard from Rodney about the lightsaber and comlink with compromising messages. “You took your time to wake up.”

“I the famous Kyle the Hutt – assisted by your student who loves to answer two minute questions – was able to wake him.”

“What? Kyle the Hutt?” Irvin dropped down on the bed roaring with laughter.

“I humble pilot and merchant Halfir Majeski saw a green shape and my first word uttered was Jabba after telling that I had no pain and nausea,” Halfir could have fun when he saw what the doctors were doing to keep him and the Jedi safe. An isolation ward with signs posted that only certain personnel was to be admitted would keep imps away. “I uh have business with Jabba the Hutt after I can leave this place. And I think you will release me very soon.”

“Not soon,” Irvin swung his legs over the side of the bed and came to Halfir’s bed. “Recovering will take a long time humble man.”

“A week? Nah… two weeks?”

“I said long and that means fifty days and not a day shorter,” Irvin stated.

“I heal very fast you know,” Halfir sighed. “Twenty days should be enough. Yes?”

“Fifty master humble negotiator,” Irvin replied. “And now silence. No arguments can sway me. I will tell you all about your injuries. After Greg and his droids had a go at your beard and more smoky smelly hair and clothes I was able treat your burns. I had to dug out a load of nuts and bolts and pieces of metals to supply a junkyard with a nice collection. I had to repair the tissues. I used new nuts and bolts to fasten your bones in your left lower arm. Those have to go before you can have any business with a Hutt excluded of course that Hutt.”

Kyle nodded and made some snoring sounds.

“He will be my next sleep doctor when you remove those nuts and bolts?”

“Yes,” Irvin said. “And there is more to do to treat your burns.”

“I am quite funny too,” Kyle began to attach the leads to the monitor. “I heard from Greg that you didn’t do any serious counting.”

“No,” Halfir saw for a moment the few places without bandages before Kyle covered him with a sheet after assuring that the BP-cuff was working properly. “Greg had no sleep doctor show for me. I was beginning to tell that Jago Amaral was two hundred and thirty four years and two hundred and thirty four days old and wanted to tell more about his great show when I lost consciousness and...”

“That’s counting in a funny way,” Kyle turned his head when he heard a door-lock activating and the door opening with a hiss. “Jesin Fialka is here.”

“Shh, he has fallen asleep during the time it took me to guide him from recovery to isolation,” Tonia guided the bed with her patient in the room and placed it near the free monitoring station.

“Nice idea; sleep,” Halfir whispered and fell asleep.

“It seems we can reduce the anti-nausea medicines,” Kyle grinned. “And we don’t need sleep drugs at all or do we?”

“If he starts arguing again,” Irvin whispered and began to help Tonia.

tbc

AzureAngel2 and Jade_eyes like this.
  12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Kyle and Irvin - very capable and compassionate. Makes convalescing much easier. @};- [:D] !!! Glad you're back.

13. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Sleep sounds like a great idea to me too. ;)

14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    I am and here is the next part
    But not for the boys;)

The next part is here
    Jade_eyes
    Hazel

Part 12

Jesin Fialka had woken up at about the same time as his room-mate Halfir Majeski. He had – feeling only friendship and concern – told him his name and how he ended up on Tatooine after being tossed into an escape-pod by his master. Sitting up gave no trouble. Stars and more blinking stuff were gone and the ringing in his head was only a faint sound. But he was attached to his bed and had grumped a bit when he felt the tugging of leads on his chest. Halfir had told him that medics liked to trap their patients in a web of tubes and threads and had lifted his covers with his right hand – attached to an IV – to point to more tubes and wires snaking every which where. Jesin was glad that he didn’t sport that many bandages, tubes and wires. He had – examining himself with the Force – discovered the broken leg encased in a brace and the bandaged left hand and side. His head was wrapped in a bandage. He couldn’t feel if his braid was still there. His stomach felt great. No food inside but no nausea either. Halfir had told him about the medicines added to the drip. Now he listened to the tale of Halfir.

“My freighter was caught in the blast that destroyed your Jedi-cruiser. I had to crash-land her on dustball Tatooine. We had to meet each other. I was carried in when that woman Beru came with you to the ER-room. I sensed your grief and asked student assistant doctor Tonia Egvards to put me in the same room. We will find a way to make a living. I sense that we will have a future together.”

“I like to know how you could convince those troopers that we are simple pilots.”

“I have the power of the engwa eiaala,” Halfir grinned. “Those troopers have simple minds and are easy to convince.”

Jesin had seen his master doing mindtricks and he had fun doing them when directing the clone troopers. “You are a Jedi?”

“No Jesin. I am a Dunai elder from Moniron and I have sensed that you must be related.”

Dredging up memories from his early days in the Jedi temple crèche Jesin remembered what one of the masters had told him. “I was born on Lingala and found by a Jedi in a crashed landspeeder. My parents were dead. The Jedi asked the Lingalan authorities if they could take me to be trained as a Jedi.”

“You must be a Dunai or of the same race as me,” Halfir stated. “Thousands of years ago travellers from Moniron colonized Lingala and mixed when humans came to live there. You have the same powers as me.”

“I couldn’t compete with most of my age-mates because I was rather clumsy and not that strong in the Force,” Jesin grinned. “But Master Espino had great expectations when she took me as her padawan.”

“I will be proud if I can teach you more about the Dunai elder and the engwa eiaala. Will you become my partner?”

“I will.” Jesin sat up in bed.

“Easy Jesin,” Halfir began to grin when the door opened. “Recovering is first.”

“With sleep,” Tonia came in shaking her head. She turned to Jesin and pushed him gently back in the pillows. “Moving around isn’t allowed. Don’t mess up with Rodney’s work. Be glad he hasn’t seen you sitting. Your tibia, lower leg bone in common words, has been set when you were sedated and is now encased in a brace. We have sutured the wound in your left side and that graze on your left hand is covered with synthskin and a bandage. And you should be flat on your back. You have a concussion young man.”

“But I am feeling great,” Jesin sulked.

“You are still with enough anti nausea medicines and painkiller in your blood to feel great but that will change,” Tonia fixed her gaze on him.

“The ringing in my ears is gone. I don’t see black and white stars and I have been upright before when I was telling Halfir about my escape.”

“Be glad we didn’t see that,” Tonia laughed. “And stars” she pointed with her hand to the window “there are many stars out there. Start counting them and sleep now Jesin.”

“Sleep Jesin,” Halfir sat up as well and waved with his right hand.

‘WOW He is strong in the Force,’ Jesin felt himself drifting of to sleep. And he had no time to count the stars or hear Tonia muttering to Halfir.

tbc

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  15. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Nice trick! ;)

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Great as Jesin and Halfir get to know each other better.

17. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Once more you write quicker than I have time to read! You are strong at writting!

[:D]

Anyway, great and exiting updates.

18. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    He has the Force;)
    They will become partners
    And another update coming with some sad developments
    Hazel
    Jade_eyes
    AzureAngel2

Part 13

Tonia had cared with Rodney for the two patients in the isolation ward. She had told them more about her background and had shown pictures of the moisture farm of her parents. ‘There that was my room and those were my toys when I played rescue worker and looked up items on the holonet to make my rescue work more real. I wanted to become a doctor after my third birthday when I got this medkit for children from Anna Jaffe.’ She had seen the nods of approval when she told this.

Rodney had removed the bandage from Jesin’s head and sure Tonia had to comfort the boy when he didn’t feel his braid anymore. ‘I am keeping it in a secure place for you’ was what she told him. It was hidden in her locker in Gerrik Smith’s eopie stable where she kept her riding boots and cloak. And she had heard from Gerrik that he had a secure room for the two men and had seen the hut.

She was headed with Rodney to the class-room for a hands-on experience with one of the training models. She had seen him loading a program on the datapad before stuffing that in his greens.

“Did you see that on the holotube?” Rodney paused before one of the study-rooms in the school area. It was empty and would be until the afternoon. A cleaning droid must have touched the controls of the holotube because it was showing news-flashes.

Tonia poked her head around Rodney’s broad back to see a newsflash of storm-troopers grabbing a Bawot humanoid.

‘K-Kirukh is caught’ was appearing on the screen in bold red lettering.

“They are gathering a crowd on government plaza to make an example,” Rodney grumbled. “Look at those goons.”

Tonia stepped into the waiting room with Rodney and sat down. The training could wait.

This is Hank Keller with a live coverage of the execution of traitor K-Kirukh. He will have no trial. His crimes are clear. All Jedi want to overthrow the empire. Our captain didn’t have any trouble to take the Jedi alive to make an example for all of you to see. This Rodian – owner of berth fifty-seven – was hiding the traitor. Beware; any help to Jedi, going against the new glorious empire will lead to this.’

“I have seen him once coming with his daughter to the hospital for treatment. His family is there,” Tonia gasped when she saw the Rodian being tied to a pole and stabbed in arms and legs first by a clone trooper holding a vibroblade.

“They are torturing him,” Rodney cried. “And look, the Bawot Jedi is severing his bonds and running to those… oh nooh… this is… ” He sagged in his chair head between his hands unable to watch.

Tonia did and rushed to the holotube when she saw the storm-troopers firing at the Jedi and the Rodians he was trying to save with his Force powers. Jedi and Rodians crumpled down and were not the only ones. The Rodian at the pole gave a loud gasp before he was stabbed in the chest. She was about to push the off-button when a text only message appeared on the lower part of the screen.

All Mos Eisley citizens and visitors are summoned to get their ID-checked at the government building fifteen. We will start tomorrow and will take a blood-sample to verify your ID and replace your ID with a new one with biometric specifics.’

The voice of the imperial reporter continued. ‘No show within four days will lead to a search and to this.

The cam zoomed in on the corpses of the Jedi and Rodians and on the beings now tended by emergency teams. Stray blaster-shots had made more victims.

If you know of beings demonstrating strange abilities, give us their where abouts and you will be rewarded.’ The voice of Hank Keller droned on.

“Rodney,” Tonia turned to her teacher to see him looking up with a teary eyed face. “We have to do something. A blood-sample isn’t necessary at all for the ID-check. Those storm-troopers will have a test revealing who our patients are.”

“Not when we do this,” Rodney had listened to the entire statement. He took out his datapad, plugged it in one of the terminals and began to move his fingers over the keys after deleting the training program. He had to load stats from the database, far more than he needed.

“You plan to use my blood after infecting it with the triana virus,” Tonia began to comprehend what her teacher wanted to do when she saw the diseases appearing on the screen and halting at the triana virus, only deadly for humans with A-positive blood. Rodney had treated two clone soldiers coming to the university and had had to sign their death certificates. She had been barred from the rooms where the clones had been treated because she had the same blood type and had an expected vacation when Rodney came down with the virus and had to stay in isolation for a week.

“I do but after getting your blood in a vial. The triana virus will have the imps looking at the blood only and not adding the biometrics to the ID-s. I will make sure that they only check the blood and just make copies of the ID’s. I appear – dressed up in isolation gear – with blood-samples in three vials and with their ID’s.”

Tonia began to read more. The plan would have only her, Irvin and Rodney visiting the imps in isolation suits. “But what if the imps want to come to the hospital to see the two patients?”

“They don’t. The triana virus is contagious for about a week. They need three days to check the entire population of Mos Eisley and will move with their equipment to the next city. But just in case an imperial with a different blood type will show up I like to transport Jesin and Halfir tomorrow in the morning to a safe place.”

“And who will be the patients in the isolation ward if the imps show up?”

“You and me,” Rodney began to smile. “We can act very convincing as patients with the triana disease.” He deleted the stats again.

tbc

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellent update =D= And great plan by Rodney

20. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Yes, great plan! :D

21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006

Hazel
    Jade_eyes

A great plan is leading to this

Part 14

Tonia Egvards heard the ruckus in room seven after she had changed in isolation clothes. She was carrying crutches and put them on the hoverchair just outside the room. Her patients were much more awake than yesterday when most of the day had been spent with sleeping, stirring awake and trying to keep some water inside and vomiting that on the sheets. The nausea remained despite giving medicines again but there was improvement. Jesin managed to keep a bit of soup inside and Halfir had his first mouthful of water.

Jesin had been grieving. He had told her that he had felt an awful darkness. Someone – being somehow familiar – was being treated without sedation. A little light was hidden by darkness to cope with the treatment. Halfir had been able to comfort him, telling him that the hidden light would come out and had begun a tale about Dagnir uniting the Moniron people. She had listened to the tale fascinated by the beauty of the words and the meaning.

Tonia poked her head around the doorpost and observed. She saw Halfir sitting on his bed and with sheets and pillows arranged in a haphazard way around leads – some now pulled rather taut – forming mountains and canyons. What irked her was a waste bag perched on one of the pillows behind Halfir’s back. “Boys this is a mess. No pillow fights are allowed.”

“Hey good morning doc,” Halfir Majeski put on his biggest smile when he saw Tonia coming into the room. “Jesin here wanted to know some more about the planet we are stranded on and I was using my pillows and sheets to demonstrate where my boss lives.”

“And what is that supposed to resemble? For me it is just a mess made out of your bed.”

“He is showing the castle of Gardulla the Hutt,” Jesin Fialka began to smile when he saw Tonia focussing on one of the pillows.

“My boss is Jabba the Hutt!” Halfir sighed. For Jesin all Hutts were the same or were they? Was the teenager in a teasing mood? It was alright. The kid was bouncing back after all the grieving and sorrow.

“And this is his castle,” Jesin grinned mischievous. The pillow near Halfir’s left foot lifted and began to float towards Tonia.

“No pillow fights,” Tonia managed to grab the pillow before it landed on her hair. “This is a hospital you know, a house of healing.”

“We know,” Halfir gave a warning gaze towards Jesin. “And we know that you have no love for the empire that’s forming under Palpatine. You and your friends are keeping us safe here. But we need a safe house after our release.”

“I have arranged that house for you near my home.” Tonia kept her eyes glued on the mess.

“On a moisture farm?” Jesin began to sulk following Tonia’s gaze. Halfir had told him – using sheets and pillows – where the moisture farms were to provide them with lodging during their trip to Jabba. “Beru’s husband didn’t want a Jedi in the house.”

“It’s near my apartment here in Mos Eisley at Gerrik Smith’s eopie stable,” Tonia stomped to Halfir’s bed and placed the pillow back after getting the waste-bag. “And this belongs there,” she held the waste-bag a moment before Halfir’s nose before putting it back in the holder. “You don’t want an infection with urine dribbling back to your bladder patient Majeski.”

“We are in the isolation ward for patients with,” Halfir began.

“Infections yes,” Tonia interrupted. “But we want to move to a more secure place. We were able to get new Imp-certified ID’s being exactly the same as your old ID’s.”

“The biometrics were not added when I showed the triana virus infested blood-samples,” Rodney came in pushing the hoverchair with the crutches.

“They needed blood-samples? Jesin’s and my blood is different and easily recognised as coming from a being with the power of the engwa eiaala,” Halfir became serious.

“He means the Force,” Jesin added. “The Jedi and now the imperials have a test to reveal if a being can be trained in the Force. We have to avoid imps testing us.”

“The two samples were of my blood. Rodney added the virus,” Tonia pointed to the hoverchair. “There are two crutches for you Jesin to get on your feet uh foot. You are not allowed to stand on your left leg but you can move around.”

“And you can help me,” Halfir gazed expectantly towards the hoverchair.

“Your only moving is moving in that hoverchair Majeski and that’s after I have helped you to leave your bed,” Rodney gave the crutches to Tonia. “We are moving now. Jesin, you only have to walk to the exit. We have a groundspeeder waiting.”
    tbc

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL pillow fights and a quick exit out the back ;)

23. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    That was fun! ;)

24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    After this part only two more parts to go and the new (4 part) adventure will begin (Tent, caven hut and Hutt)

Hazel
    Jade_eyes
    AzureAngel2

Part 15
    “This is a hut,” Jesin sulked when he hobbled on his crutches inside following Tonia and Halfir. “And it smells of poodoo. Figures with the eopies living next door.”

“My landlord runs this stable and has agreed to give you this ‘hut’ until we can find a better place,” Tonia smiled when she saw who was coming towards them. The hut would become the best place after seeing more.

“I am Gerrik Smith and have put two comfortable beds in the hut.” A man shook hands with Tonia, Jesin and Halfir. “You will be safe here. I have no love for those white plated lookalikes of Jango Fett at all.”

“But that is a hospital bed,” Jesin limped further in the ‘hut’ to see the beds and all the equipment and ‘professor’ Callis standing next to one of the beds busy to hook an IV bag to a pole.

“Bernie, Tinco and crew helped us to transform this hut in a hospital room,” Gerrik said. “But housing eopie saddles and food since my great great grandfather bought this stable cannot drive away the smell.”

Halfir was guided in by Tonia to the second bed and Rodney came in with more equipment.

“You and you are not released from my care,” Irvin grinned. “Your bed is ready Halfir and no protests. I will help Jesin in his bed.”

“But I don’t need that IV anymore,” Jesin muttered when the line was attached to the tap.

“You do Jesin,” Tonia soothed. “Yesterday you soiled the sheets after your first glass of water and today you managed to keep down only a bit of soup.”

“I like it here,” Halfir grinned when he was again comfortable in his bed. “It’s where my freighter is. This hut is really nice. Eopie poodoo reminds me of home where I used to go with Ivano to ride on husans after school-time.”

“We had a husan in the Jeditemple too,” Jesin began to smile. “I could ride her without saddle and bridle.”

“That is the way I was taught to ride. Be gentle to your riding companion and he or she will do all to please you. And riding is for both enjoyable,” Halfir got a frown on his face. “I once hired an eopie in Mos Espa and had to convince her that with me on her back she would be alright. She was and even enjoyed the ride when I brought her back to the owner. And telling the owner how I could ride the eopie had me teaching her and earning even a few credits.”

“With both of you familiar with riding animals I can use your help,” Gerrik smiled. “I have to buy new eopies and like them young and untrained.”

“We will help,” Halfir stated. “This way we can pay…”

“Not payment,” Gerrik interrupted. “Anyone standing up to the imps can hide for free here.”

“And we provide all that is needed to recover,” Rodney placed a large tray with covered bowls and glasses on a table. “Lunch is ready.”

“Blue milk,” Jesin remarked when he began to sip from the offered glass. And feeling it going down and giving only a slight churning in his stomach he commented “I like the stuff.”

tbc

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Love that. They're made quite at home by Mr. Smith. :)