main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Thrawn Fans Unite !!!!! (v 2.0)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Lordban, Apr 5, 2001.

1. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
  2. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    This is awesome! :D

Thrawn by Adam WarRock

He's an Indie rap/hip-hop guy who mostly does stuff about comics; check him out!

3. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
  4. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    I cannot like that picture, the eyes are all wrong.

EDIT: Here we go, much better! :)

[​IMG]

Evil.

5. Antlers

Antlers Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 30, 2012
    Hey, is fan art allowed in here? Here's a quick portrait of Thrawn that I sketched out last night. I'm still working on technique, proportions, and anatomy, so he's a little wonky.
    Enjoy!

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  6. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Nice work! I accepted it in our Thrawn group of deviantart ^^

Strange, is that topic dead or what? no posts since october 2012? !!!

7. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I have finally finished my rereading of the Black Fleet Crisis and moved on to Specter of the Past as part of my Bantam favorites rereading.

VanishingReality and Chewbacca89 like this.
  8. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Just read Allegiance and Choices of One. About to star Specter of the Past as well.

9. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    I am moving very fast, I have already finished my rereading Specter of the Past and moved on to Vision of the Future.

10. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Thrawn is my favourite EU antagonist. May I join the fan club?

Darth_Erebus likes this.
  11. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    About half way done with the anniversary edition of HttE.

12. Keltoi89

Keltoi89 Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 11, 2013
    I always thought the Thrawn trilogy was the most likely from the EU to become actual films.

I would also love Thrawn to be the main villain in the new trilogy, though I highly doubt he will.

Random Comments likes this.
  13. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    That would be awesome....to bad they wont be following any EU stories....

14. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Not if it's Thraawn [face_whistling]

Evil_King_Wiggins likes this.
  15. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    I finished my Bantam favorites rereading with Vision of the Future, but now I am not sure what to do, I want to read Scourge at some point, then perhaps reread Survivor's Quest and Outbound Flight.

Chewbacca89 likes this.
  16. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Thrawn has to take the fight to a bunch of elderly people (Luke in a wheelchair, Leia with false teeth, Achbar who is kind of retired and dead)...
    The good guys do not stand a chance...
    Wait, but they have to bring Thrawn back first and give a logical explanation for it... :eek:

Grievousdude likes this.
  17. Keltoi89

Keltoi89 Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 11, 2013
    Hahaha.

That's assuming all the old cast are definitely coming back, which at this moment in time has yet to be confirmed. I hope they are though. I really can't imagine Luke being played by anyone other than Mark Hamill. Who, thankfully, isn't quite wheelchair bound yet; so hopefully he can get back into reasonable shape for the new trilogy.

The current EU timeline doesn't need to be adhered to for these new films either. We could always see an older Thrawn making an appearance, much later on than he did in the books and with an original story playing out. How they would actually go about explaining his absence for 30 odd years, of course, beats me. He's such a good villain in the books though and I think he would transfer onto film really well. If something could be worked out to get Thrawn in the films then I'd be delighted either way.

In the end though, I think we'll see a completely new villain.

General Immodet likes this.
  18. Thrawn1786

Thrawn1786 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 8, 2004
    Yeah, I'm just now getting around to seeing this. [face_blush]

Annnnd I still have not gotten my hands on the 25th Anniversary of Heir. One of my summer projects is upping my nerd cred, so maybe I'll get a copy of it soon. *plots* [face_thinking]

19. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    Just finished drawing Thrawn for a Fan Art contest, though you guys would enjoy seeing it. :)

[​IMG]

Evil.

20. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Thrawn in the Thrawn trilogy is easily my most favorite villain in the EU.

21. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Same here. Love his interactions with Palleon.

22. Randwulf Crescentmoon

Randwulf Crescentmoon Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2013
    First off, fantastic fan art everybody ^:)^

Secondly, as it's my first time posting on this thread, I will now proclaim Thrawn as one of my favorite EU-scratch that-one of my favorite Star Wars characters of all time, period...EU or canon.

Finally, I just had an idea I wanted to throw by everybody here, and was curious as to everyone's take on it.

What would you think about Judd Nelson hypothetically portraying Grand Admiral Thrawn in the ST?

I think he could pull it off, as his personality is infused with several Thrawn-like qualities in the different movies he's done over the years. Depending on the movie, Nelson has played characters in the past with the type of cold, calm, detached, intelligent traits of Grand Admiral Thrawn. What do you think? If well-written, could a Judd Nelson representation do the Thrawn character justice?

23. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    While I can't see the ST using Thrawn, given how often they've said it will be "an original story", I could see him appearing in other media.

Maybe the Rebels series? Thrawn joined the Empire in the immediate aftermath of RoTS- and rose through the ranks fast. I could see him as a recurring antagonist in that- before he's sent back to the Unknown Regions.

24. Darth_Erebus

Darth_Erebus Jedi Master star 1

Aug 19, 2013
    Hello guys, and girls, I just want to put in my own love of Mitth'raw'nuruodo. He really is one of favorite Star Wars character, next to Pellaeon.
    I think my favorite book to feature him is Outbound Flight, I just loved discovering more about him and the Chiss in general.

Chewbacca89 likes this.
  25. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012