main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion The official dead characters in the ST poll

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Seagoat, Jun 16, 2013.

?

Which of these characters should die some time in the ST?

1. Luke

61 vote(s)
    68.5%
  2. Leia

27 vote(s)
    30.3%
  3. Han

54 vote(s)
    60.7%
  4. Chewbacca

20 vote(s)
    22.5%
  5. Lando

20 vote(s)
    22.5%
  6. C-3PO

12 vote(s)
    13.5%
  7. R2-D2

7 vote(s)
    7.9%
  8. Wedge

22 vote(s)
    24.7%
  9. Other (Write below)

11 vote(s)
    12.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    I've seen a few comments saying that there should be a poll for each "Should so and so die in Episode VII/the ST, but then I had the idea of making a general poll here of who you think should die. Sorry if this is deemed lock-worthy, I tried at least!

2. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    I voted for Han and Luke. And Han should go out in a blaze of glory on the Falcon

3. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I'd like to say none, but I know a few of them will probably die. So I guess it'd make sense for Luke to die if he's going to have a role like Obi-Wan did. Lando and Leia could too, as for the others, I'd like to see them alive and fighting throughout the whole trilogy.

4. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    Luke - in Episode VII, to echo Qui-Gon & Obi-Wan's deaths in Episode I & IV. The wise old Jedi dies in order to pass on the torch to the next generation.

5. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    I think the Droids need to make it to the end. They need to survive

6. Visivious Drakarn

Visivious Drakarn Jedi Master star 3

Apr 20, 2013
    Wedge.
    There's no chance that I'd like to see Luke, Han, Leia, Chewie, Lando or the droids kick the bucket.

Jeff Zach likes this.
  7. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Two Death Stars couldn't kill Wedge, he sure as hell isn't gonna die now.

8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I voted for all of them except the droids.

Because I'm morbid like that.

And because the Star Wars torch needs to be passed along to a new generation, with the droids around to keep PT and OT history alive.

9. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I will only vote for Wedge so long as it involves Denis Lawson being a badass in a uniform in a massive space battle single-handedly taking out a million bazillion enemies.
    [​IMG]

And Harrison Ford will watch and learn.
    [​IMG]

10. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    seems legit

11. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
  12. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    Wipe them out. All of them.

Not really just couldn't help myself ;)

It's really anybody's guess. I'll be sad to see any of them go, but if the films are well written I'll be content.

That being said, R2 & 3PO should always survive!

13. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I know folks are going to fall into the trap of thinking "well, Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan kicked the bucket in I and IV, so Luke should go in VII," and though I hope to see some 'rhyming' retained in the ST, I don't particularly subscribe to this theory.

I'd like to say "none of them," but in the spirit of the topic, I decided upon Han, if only because the actor who helped make the character famous thinks (or at least 'thought,' at one point) that Han should go. Let Harrison get his wish, with Han going out in a noble sacrifice, saving the lives of his friends and family (thus putting the final exclamation point on his character's journey).

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  14. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I voted for Luke, Han and Chewie. I think if Han goes out in a blaze of glory then Chewie should be there with him. I really hope Luke lives until Episode IX and becomes one with the Force on his own accord. Let someone else be the dead mentor in Episode VII. :p I think Leia might be the one to survive the entire trilogy and I'd be happy with that if it happens.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  15. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    I think Chewie should survive past Han, because I want to see Chewie go nuts on whoever killed Han

16. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    If there is a major death in the ST I'd want it to be in Episode 9, I want Han to die and one of the newbies also.

17. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    My vote's for Han. No, it's not because I don't like him - it's because I think he deserves a heroic death, rather than living on longer and having a smaller and smaller role. This was a controversial move in Return of the Jedi, and I'm glad he was kept alive for that movie. But unless they have a specific role for Han, they shouldn't just throw in him there just to be there.

Now, I notice that Luke is a prime candidate for this as well, but I don't think he should be killed. At least not immediately. Arguably, he was the focal point of the Trilogy when it first came out, and he deserves a sizeable role in handing the reins to the next generation. He is also the most powerful Jedi at this point (and the last Jedi alive last we saw). Killing him in the first movie seems too reminiscent of Obi-Wan as well

Granger and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  18. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012

And Qui-Gon in Episode I, which is why I believe Luke Skywalker should die in Episode VII. The three trilogies should echo each other -- Luke, an old and aged Jedi Master, should die in a glorious last stand trying to save the ones he loves and his apprentice/son so that the son may then commence on his own heroes journey.

19. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I think there should be a mentor death in Episode VII but I don't think it should be Luke. First of all I think it's pretty much what everyone is expecting so I'd like the writers to throw a curveball at us and second I think Luke deserves a six film arc like his father. He shouldn't be the main character of course but I'd like to see him training the next generation in the second film and then his death in Episode IX could be the catalyst for the new hero to step up and confront the villain on their own.

20. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I think Luke should die in Episode IX and not VII as well. Let one of the other OT main characters die in Episode VII.

If this trilogy follows the pattern of the other two, it's possible that nobody will die in Episode VIII.

I: Qui-Gon dies
    II: No main character dies
    III: Padme and Mace die
    IV: Obi-Wan dies
    V: No main character dies
    VI: Yoda and Anakin die

21. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    As long as Kitster's unaccounted for, I live in fear...

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  22. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I thought it was just me. It's nice to know I'm not alone.

23. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I voted Luke and Han as well

Luke, I could see dying somewhere in the second half or end of VII to parallel TPM (Qui-Gon) and ANH (Obi-Wan). Since the heroes always lose the mentor in the first part of the trilogy. Now while Luke will certainly be a mentor (Jedi Master and all), but perhaps this time it could be a non Jedi = Han. Since I am certain Harrison Ford will get his wish somewhere in the ST. Now my other guess would be VIII to parallel with ESB.

24. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    This badass doesn't die!

[​IMG]

25. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    I remember when people were speculating Kitster would be Boba Fett! And yeah, he's off the radar but...