main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Get In Line - A Social Countdown to Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by PrincessKenobi , Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I know its been weeks but Red Wedding still scares me *heck I even made my new profile pic a Game of Thrones one just cause of it*. Now my mind keeps thinking up these scenarios if Marvel/DC/Star Wars/ect did the same thing. OH GOD...if Marvel pulled a "Red Wedding" with the inevitable Civil war movie I would die. even worse if Star Wars went "Ehh we gotta make the OT3 death something memorable so lets just make the most brutal thing ever put on screen". Now I know Lucasfilm will never do that *I doubt they have the guts to do that to the OT3. Minor/unnamed characters maybe but not their BIG name ones* but still...just the idea creeps me out. On the plus side...now every movie death seems like nothing by comparison :D

2. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Ah, the blank stares I used to get when mentioning A Song of Ice and Fire before the series, haha.

3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    My kids gave me a Yoda bobble head for Father's day. It's awesome and I'm going to use it as my totem. I'll place it on my desk at work and everyday I'll flick it's head to make sure I'm not in a dream. :p

4. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Just remember Darth Claire "A Calrissian always pays his debts". :)

5. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009

Personally I'd have found it much more believable if John Blake was the only character in the trilogy to do some actual detective work and put 2 and 2 together ("Batman came into existence the same time you came back from the dead as well as went into hiding at the same time as you did Mr Wayne. It's not that hard to figure out."). I know that the way it was in the film was intended to set up that he was also an orphan, hinting at his comic book identity. But as you say, it's so ham fisted and makes him a Gary Stu.

6. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    I still believe the only reason they threw in that "Robin" reference was to:
    1. Please fanboys who were pissed off at Nolan's nonstop Robin bashing in interviews
    2. Avoid people going "How dare an original character get to be batman"
    3. Just some stupid little "Hey look it all connects! PASSING THE TORCH! FULL CIRCLE!"

Also why didn't they just name him Dick Grayson? Did they really need to go all out of their way to create a new character...if they're just making him almost exactly like Grayson *both are cops, orphans, sidekick, serve the "passing the torch" role, ect* except you know...without the likable personality and flaws. It just seemed pointless and Nolan's way of using a Robin-like character without looking like he changed his mind on the whole "I hate Grayson and he doesn't deserve to be in this universe" crap. It just annoys me cause I like Robin *Mostly Nightwing and Tim Drake* and it just seems like a slap in the face from Nolan.

7. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Overall, I enjoyed TDKR. It has it's flaws but my biggest complaint would be that silly melee between cops and thugs.
    That felt very, very out of place.

8. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009

I don't hate TDKR. But at the same time I'm not exactly enamored by it. I certainly don't understand how it managed to net an army of die hard supporters sending death threats to any critic who dared bring the overall rating on Rotten Tomatoes down.:confused:

9. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    I can't imagine any movie doing that, but, yeah, there will always be extreme fans, hmph.
    It was an okay movie...but the first two were way stronger in my opinion.

10. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    I'd agree with that. I'm willing to be controversial and say the first one is my favourite out of the three personally.

11. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    LOL. I have a term for that. Its "The Avengers Review Experience". Its basicly when fans get really protective over an overhyped film *that they are convinced is going to be the best thing ever* and go rabid over any critic who isn't completely enamored with the film. They almost always flip out when it gets a lower score than another popular film *usually the competitors film*. I was around during that time and believe me it was insane! Avengers and TDKR was the worst and yet oddly hilarious. It will probably happen with SW7. Lets say SW7 gets great reviews so far, we know that fans here are going to insane and start panicing that it might go under the A New Hope or TPM *or what not* score and will do 3 things:
    1. Start saying stuff like "Well that critic gave this other movie a bad/good score so obviously he/she is a terrible critic and we should ignore his opinions
    2. Start saying stuff like "Well 3/5 is not that bad so..."
    3. They either lose all hope *like with Man of Steel* or just continue on enjoying the great reviews

I havn't been around Star Wars fans during review season so I hope fans here aren't the "Abandon all hope at the sign on one bad review" type and are more of the "Well thats your opinion but my opinion is what matter most" type.

12. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Eh, as stated before - I simply don't care much for reviews written by 90% of the "professional critics."
    The overall user ratings on IMDB are usually the best indicator of what the movie might be like, with 6 being the lowest number for something that I might enjoy quite a bit.

13. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    I don't have a problem with critics. In fact I'm studying to get onto a film course so I can become one myself. I have never understood why people get so upset when a critic puts forward an assessment of a film that clashes with their own opinion. Maybe in cases where critics tell you what you should and shouldn't think, like Mark Kermode has a terrible habit of doing. But if a critic offers an academic or personal analysis of a movie that you disagree with then there's just no reason to get that upset. There's no law saying you can't enjoy something that Roger Ebert didn't. I'm pretty sure most critics gave Blade Runner a pasting back in the day. It doesn't stop it from being a science-fiction classic.

14. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    I just really hope that fans here dont start acting like this will be the greatest movie ever and will redeem Star wars or any other crazy stuff. That just lends itself over for disappointment and nitpicking. My expectations/prediction are basicly this: Good film that will satisfy general audience people like me. High points will probably be the action and possibly the new cast. I forsee critics being incredibly harsh on the OT3 and fans will definitly be split on them *some saying they were a highlight while others saying they failed to live up to expectations*. SW7 will probably be loved by average moviegoers, but will definitly divide the fanbase no matter how good/bad it is.
    Thats just my prediction. I'm not going to expect greatness. The only time I predicted greatness and got it was Avengers and Star Trek Into Darkness and that was a very rare thing.

15. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

Ahhhh, then we agree here. :D

That they do. :cool: Have been to a show recently?

16. Roberto Calrissian

Roberto Calrissian Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    F
    It really sucks keeping a secret about the others that die in a storm of swords. And I can't even talk to my cousin about it until next year when season 4 finishes a storm of swords

The Hellhammer likes this.
  17. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Gods of all pantheons that there are, I have never encountered a smell of food ("food") more appaling than what this unkown neighbour is currently cooking.​
    It was so horrible that it actually woke me up. I barely got to sleep around 6 AM and twenty minutes later this...this abomination with it's smell so repulsive actually woke me the **** up and there is absolutely no way to get rid of it.​
    It's not even here all the time, so that I can shut the window and wait it out...it comes in waves.​
    Damn, I swear this thing has a mind of it's own.​

18. jedinightwing

jedinightwing Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2009
    not for PWG. Going to an AAW show in July. probably could have gone to WWE's ppv tonight, but didn't want to waste money on a ticket, but apparently it was a pretty good card.

DarthTunick likes this.
  19. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  20. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007

This is hilarious... a food with a smell so bad it woke you up. Did you ever find out what it was?

21. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    No, but I have not slept since.
    That says it all, hahah.

eht13 likes this.
  22. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    The best sleep happens when you're drunk or have been awake for over 24 hours. :p

23. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    Naah, there are better sleeps imo. But in order to stay out of trouble I'm not gonna elaborate

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  24. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Oh! That is a better kind of sleep!

25. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    That's when you go with the Shmi Skywalker review. "What does your heart tell you?" ;)

Darth Claire likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.