main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    Heads up, I think some columns in the table got transposed since it looks like point differential made it into the points allowed column.

2. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    That is possible since I was coding at 2am

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

3. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Bardan_Jusik Excellent use of that song for that moment.
    Or is it?
    Seriously looking forward to the next installment.
    Or am I?

Yes, yes I am.

4. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    [face_laugh] Been saving that song for that moment since last season. ;)

[​IMG]

5. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I solemnly swear that I am up to no good the draft rankings were indeed randomly generated. Falene Trieste was actually chosen as the second highest defensive prospect in the bunch.

Since I take a personal interest in its proceedings, I'd like to point out that the Bak10 had a very up and down rankings:
    • 2nd highest defender
    • 3rd highest forward
    • 2nd lowest defender
    • 2nd lowest forward
    • lowest forward
    Not sure what that says other than the Bak10 had some really good players and some ones that just barely made the cut.

And Bardan_Jusik for some reason the TAG didn't pick up for you in the post. Pretty sure knowing you that you still saw the post.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  6. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Was hoping to get a post up tonight but my parents' internet just crashed... the earliest I'll be able to post is Tuesday.

What a crazy vacation this has been....

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

7. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    You better take a vacation to get away from I all.

No worries though! Luckily the fate of the Monarchs won't be derailed by a few days. :) Heck, if I was on vacation I wouldn't bother postin at all. I'd declare a League holiday. The Small Quiet.

Vehn likes this.
  8. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Bardan! I knew it! I knew Ryi was alive! :D

And did somebody call Glencross a "prissy brat"? :eek:

9. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I had originally planned that scene (or one like it, her "big reveal") for after the Mercs won their first title, but I wasn't sure that would ever happen. :( So when I thought this storyline up I figured it would work even better here.

[​IMG]

10. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    This is all part of the novel titled, The Hunt for the Mandalorians written by Tom Clancy @Bardan_Jusik :cool:

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  11. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Odds of the Miners losing all 8 home Semifinal games since 246 ABY? 1 in 256.

And 0-4 against Coruscant at home. That is a tough row to hoe.

As a side note, this is a pretty terrible postseason for Rebecca_Daniels to be missing.

12. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Now I'm sad that I won't get to beat the crap out of Phil Brooks next week. :(

13. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    You know what's an absolute moment of terror? Spending at least half an hour on the season awards post and having Microsoft Word suddenly stop responding for fifteen seconds without having saved anything.

Luckily, the crisis has been averted and it is saved and ready for posting now. ;)

14. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    I like the comment about not knowing which hand to shake. :D

If I didn't know better, I'd say that Trieste is abusing his GM powers to deliberately throw his home Semifinal games. It's the only logical explanation. :p

LFL scores will come shortly. In response to the comment about crediting bonus rolls at my discretion; I always calculate LFL bonus rolls separately, since a post made between Trieste posting ELL scores and me posting LFL scores counts toward next week's ELL scores but only this week's LFL scores. Banking posts on a bye week during the playoffs works the same way, but separately from ELL.

Vehn likes this.
  15. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    How could I not work that in? [face_laugh]

And you've found me out, jc. I'm a total sports masochist. I rig the dice rolls so I lose. I mean, I couldn't stand the thought of success. Not as a Cal Bears, San Jose Sharks, Buffalo Sabres, mild San Diego Chargers, and extremely fair-weather San Diego Padres fan. (Anyone want to guess how many Rose Bowls, Stanley Cups, Super Bowls, and World Series those teams have between them since 1960--or in all the pro examples their entire franchise existence?)

Nah, it's not that. It's just that I'm such a good GM I try to make sure my players have fun. Well, at least Jedi Gunny. I really can't speak to the Storm's 1 playoff appearance in 9 seasons. :(

jcgoble3 likes this.
  16. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Futures League scores are now up in the game thread, library thread, and on the wiki. The Final will be a showdown between the two #1 seeds. I'll post something to set up the Finals tomorrow.

17. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Oh well, at least Coruscant won, because Jed won't be happy about the way his team played today. :oops:

18. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Stop complaining. My development team has never won a single game so count your blessings.

...wait for it...

19. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    You don't HAVE a development team. :p :p :p

20. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    :D

So, the Senators are not a superstitious bunch! Neither were the Mercs and look what happened to them. ;)

21. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Vehn, I must say that was a very awkward situation for Meredith. :p Either she means it, or she's one mean drunk.

22. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    I'll let the audience decide :p

23. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I suddenly am now super intrigued by what's going to go down at the Board of Governors between Vehn and Vhett. Especially because I know that Mandalorians LOVE having people nose around their business. :D

24. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I think it's about time I start thinking about getting the 274 Mock Draft rolled out for y'all to view. Any preferences when I get it posted?

25. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Before the draft begins. :p

Really, though, I have no particular preference. Post it when you're ready.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.