main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Post technical questions and issues here. Yes, the layout is slightly different!

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Grimby , Sep 2, 2012.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Haven't had any that I know of. Are you getting to other places on the boards OK? What format is your pic and what size is it?

2. Sock and Awe

Sock and Awe Jedi Master star 1

Jun 8, 2013
  3. Sock and Awe

Sock and Awe Jedi Master star 1

Jun 8, 2013
    Update: problem solved. Evidently just a temporary glitch.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Glad it worked! Maybe the server was just busy..

5. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    speaking of which, going to the temp boards logs me out of the current boards

6. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, I think it's due to the session cookies used. If you use a different browser you can log into both at the same time. I normally use Firefox here and bring up IE if I need to refer to something there.

7. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Thanks. Still,, are there plans to fix it?

>>This and the following 5 posts were moved from the Truncated Posts thread

8. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Not big on the list since the temp boards are read-only at this point and are basically for historical purposes.

9. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    It's not even on my list, sorry. I warned everyone they'd only be able to log in for 30 days after it was shut down anyway.

10. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    The issue is that it logs you out of the permanent boards.

11. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    I understand that. But there's really no reason to be logging into the temp boards anymore.

12. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    The issue is that if you look at the temp boards using the boards.theforce.net subdomain at all, you are immediately logged out of these boards. This happens the instant you bring up the temp boards, and it is irrelevant whether or not you log in on the temp boards. Simply loading the temp boards logs you out here. A workaround is to access the temp boards through the alternative gd.theforce.net subdomain (the link on the previous page), which doesn't log you out here, but sometimes a link takes you to the temp boards via the "boards" subdomain, and you end up having to log back in on these boards.

darklordoftech likes this.
  13. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    Thanks for pointing that out. I was not aware of that, probably because I usually open the temp boards in a different browser so I can stay logged into both at the same time. No matter though, the temp boards won't be up much longer, as we'll be moving all of the posts over here and putting them into an archive.

14. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
  15. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Not a bad idea.

I wonder, though, if that archiving will likewise coincide with restoring the truncated posts from before March 2012?

16. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    There is no update on that.

17. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    It's been almost a year, though (more than a year if you factor in when the old boards moved to the temp ones). Is there any sort of ballpark figure at all, or should we just assume the truncated posts won't be restored anytime in the foreseeable future?

18. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    I think I've asked this before, and I think I know the answer too, but is it possible to move threads from the temp boards over here?

19. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002

20. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
  21. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    A note on that - You'll be able to view the threads after they are archived here, but they'll be in a read-only forum.

22. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Any chance of getting additional styles except for Carbon Chamber - Dark/Light?

23. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    It's very high on my priority list.

The Hellhammer likes this.
  24. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I miss making banners.

25. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    Sooo you wouldn't be able to unarchive them?