main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What would get you so mad that you would walk out of Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by JediKnightOB1, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Nothing would literally make me walk out, but what I would hate most would be:
    1. evil Skywalker(s)
    2. non-Sith being called Sith

2. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Star Wars version of Red Wedding. Imagine it now: The Ot3 *and maybe a couple of the new leads but not THE lead* are all together in what they think is a nice meet up with another group of people they trust. Its all happy and we think "Well this is obviously gunna be a light, fun scene. :)" then all a sudden....Red Wedding and we all stare in horror and shock as everybody we love dies. :eek:

3. Commander Krix

Commander Krix Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2013
    Seeing more....rebels... lol no.

Seeing that ONE character that just DOESN'T fit into the movie.

4. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Yeah, I mean she certainly has the whole 'dark action girl' bit down... I just was skimming through IMDb looking at 50+ year old actresses and really there's a lot of options for that, without going the 27 year old route. I mean we don't even really need to think about hair color (hair dye!) or eye color (usually just ignored or Daniel Radcliffe would have had green contacts for all the Harry Potter films) which means well... there's a huge crop of possibilities, not only for Mara Jade, but for a lot of EU characters if they decide to use them.

No matter what, if you're 50+ and still working, you've probably got some skill at acting... so if they're casting anyone in that age group for roles, I think we can look forward to some good actors.

5. VanishingReality

VanishingReality Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2013
    I would hate having to see a single “next generation character” because it's lazy writing that’s almost never pulled off successfully. Cloning characters from their parents means they probably won't be interesting or original in their own right. I think the only reason such characters are even brought about into existence because the parents were interesting and people want to see the same story rehashed.

6. Rachel_In_Red

Rachel_In_Red Jedi Master star 3

May 12, 2013
    I can't imagine anything that would make me walk out, but I really am hoping that they don't tie together too many PT/OT characters in the ST. I didn't like Chewy, Boba Fett, Jabba and others being in the PT. It just makes the Star Wars universe seem way too small.

Sith-Mullet and Darth Claire like this.
  7. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Totally agree. To me it comes off as a studio getting lazy and going "Hey people like that character so lets just shove him in regardless of whether he has a purpose or not!". I'd rather see new interesting characters than constantly have my nostalgia chain yanked by people.

8. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I was thinking about that while watching ESB the other night. While I will think it is "bonus" to see characters or ships from previous films, again, I certainly wouldn't be remotely disappointed if the Falcon (as an example) never showed up. No matter how much I love certain things from the saga, I think Luke is the only character whose absence would be deflating to me, but, even that would probably not take anything away from the film if it is done well.

9. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    If we see Romulans, Klingons or any other cutsie Star Trek character crossovers, and If I see "Tribbles" I'm outta there!!!

10. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    The PT had the aliens from E. T. in it. Did you walk out?

Vthuil and JediKnightOB1 like this.
  11. Slash78

Slash78 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2004

Where? When?

12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Voting in the senate.

[​IMG]

kainee and darklordoftech like this.
  13. Slash78

Jul 30, 2004

Hmmm, I must have missed that close up of them.

14. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    They were visible if you knew where to look. They weren't hidden at all.

15. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    ET votes hooooooome.

16. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    Yoda was in the movie E.T., Lucas and Spielberg have been using each other characters in each other movies as gags for years.

darklordoftech and kainee like this.
  17. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    "I shouldn't have let E.T. go home because when he did, he voted in Palpatine."

18. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    The downfall of the Republic is all the fault of a repurposed Speak-N-Spell...

19. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    Resurrected Vader/Palpatine... a Vader imposter... Luke wearing a Vader suit or a Vader-like suit... a Skywalker/Solo falling to the dark side... Luke dying in Episode VII (tho by then it'd be too late for me to get my money back, probably)

...those would probably make me walk out, or at least seriously consider it (while clinging to some hope that it's all a trick)

20. Ganger

Ganger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 1999
    Hayden Christensen

21. Toonimator

Aug 16, 2006
    I'd sit thru the scene, first... if it's well-directed & he doesn't act like Anakin did in the PT--or give that creepy glowering smile he did in the DVD spirit scene--then MAYBE it wouldn't be terrible. Maybe. If we had to see a Jedi spirit, tho, better to be an OT-styled Yoda.

22. Ganger

Dec 9, 1999
    Seriously, it would be a terrible blow for me. Besides, a 60 year old Luke Skywalker talking to his 20 something year old father?? That would be dumb in so many ways

JediGirl_Angelina likes this.
  23. Slash78

Jul 30, 2004
    30something year old

24. Ganger

Dec 9, 1999
    Really?? All his teenage whining and "people don't understand me" face made him out to be younger I guess.

Still, it would be very dumb.

25. Toonimator

Aug 16, 2006
    I think he meant Hayden's now 30-something... Anakin was definitely in his early 20s when he fell & 'died' in order to have his spirit be all youthful & crap...

I'm sure there have been all kinds of stories where a younger parent & older child have talks via time travel, various comic-type stuff... older brothers suddenly finding themselves younger than their siblings (Flight of the Navigator, current issues of All New X-Men with 'young' Scott Summers from the past in the present day, where his kid brother Alex is now several years older than him, etc). So the CONCEPT, at least, isn't out of the ordinary. 60-year-old Luke wouldn't need "How do I Jedi?" guidance from the spirits anymore, or even "father & son time" really. They probably did the whole "getting to know you" bit after the Endor party, the spirits giving Luke any more advice & history they could, and then mostly just chilling in the Force while Luke goes & does his thing. But I could see him calling on any of the three spirits for advice in his 60s if some new situation presents itself that he's unsure how to approach... or even just call upon the spirits for a friendly chat with old friends.

But, practically, the only spirits it makes sense for him to talk to AT ALL are Anakin or Yoda, as his father & the mentor he spent the most time with. Anakin risks the ire of anti-Hayden audiences, while Yoda's risks are his spirit looking more like the PT CG Yoda instead of the OT puppet--rig a CG model of the OT puppet and it'd be totally fine. Obi-Wan... well. No can do, without explaining (or, worse, leaving it unexplained) why Obi-Wan now looks like a much younger man, or without throwing Ewan in a ton of makeup or "Tron: Legacy"-ing him, both of which could easily look terrible.

Anyway, that's all being discussed in the Force Ghosts thread. But Luke chatting with the ghosts for SOME reason wouldn't be out of place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.