main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion The official dead characters in the ST poll

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Seagoat, Jun 16, 2013.

?

Which of these characters should die some time in the ST?

1. Luke

61 vote(s)
    68.5%
  2. Leia

27 vote(s)
    30.3%
  3. Han

54 vote(s)
    60.7%
  4. Chewbacca

20 vote(s)
    22.5%
  5. Lando

20 vote(s)
    22.5%
  6. C-3PO

12 vote(s)
    13.5%
  7. R2-D2

7 vote(s)
    7.9%
  8. Wedge

22 vote(s)
    24.7%
  9. Other (Write below)

11 vote(s)
    12.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    It would seem that every schmuck can get his hands on a set of Mandalorian armor, so...I wouldn't rule out anything.

2. Jeff Zach

Jeff Zach Jedi Padawan star 3

Jun 7, 2013
    Hello, I am conducting research on fandom in relation to Star Wars for a college thesis (it's for creative writing)

If it is alright I would like to get your opinions on this topic: Why are so many fans now open to the idea of an original character being killed off?

The reason I ask this is because in my project I delve into this question, and here is why I find it so interesting:

1. During the time of Return of the Jedi no one had wanted Boba Fett to be killed, so fans wrote-in expressing their displeasure. Same goes for Darth Maul, Darth Vader, Mace Windu and Qui-Gon Jinn in each of their respective movies as well.

2. At the time of the prequels a major question that was asked by fans was "will any of the originals make an appearance?"

3. Fans have been clamoring for a new Star Wars movie with the return of the original cast members for years.

I know that these 3 observations I have made do not apply to every fan, but that is why I request your opinion to give me a broader scope from multiple fans' prerogatives.

Thank-you

3. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    He's a brilliant comedic actor, with good writing Wedge could easily be expanded into something very memorable. And he can do action:

4. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Surprised people are voting C3PO and R2D2. I figure that if they die there won't be further Star Wars films.

5. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    Chewbacca should not die some time DURING the ST, which is supposed to be an original story. He should die before or after, sticking to the established death that happened in a novel.

6. MakingStarWars

MakingStarWars Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 2008
    The way I see it, Luke should die. Qui-Gon dies in the first trilogy, Obi-Wan in the second trilogy, and I think Luke should in the third trilogy.

I'm not trying to pretend like there is a pattern or code that indicates Luke has to die, but I do think it is somewhat indicative of the storytelling process that fits Star Wars best. It seems to work best that the hero has guidance and then loses it and is forced to act on their own power and reasoning, demonstrating what the mentor successfully passed on.

7. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I chose, Luke, Leia and Han.

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  8. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    I chose Han cause he was suppose to die in Jedi......

9. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    I think at least R2-D2 and C-3PO should stay alive. I think we need a couple characters who have been in every film.

10. MakingStarWars

MakingStarWars Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 2008
    Harrison Ford just wanted him to die.

That said, if we have more than one classic hero dying in Episode VII, it will likely be way too much.

11. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    Heehee, 'Dreadnaught' Foster...loved that episode (whole series, really).

The-Eternal-Hero likes this.
  12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    That would be so wizard...

13. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Die, Wedge, die! [face_skull]

Hopefully while doing something mundane like clipping his toenails. Then the wall explodes and the bad guy leans in and says "Yep, we got Wedge." and then the rest of the movie rolls on.

CassiusClayDarth likes this.
  14. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Wow, that was Wedge? He was great in Hornblower, I liked his character more than the title character, in fact.

15. Darth Eddie

Darth Eddie Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2013
    I voted Luke, Han and Leia. All three dead by the end of Ep 8. Would bet on it if I was a gambling man.

16. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Yea, I take that bet. If you think the "Lucas raped my childhood" slogan was bad wait what will happen if Abrams chooses to off all members of the big three. I can't even imagine the nerdrage.

17. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    lol
    [​IMG]
    ABRAMS MOLESTED MY 30's!!

18. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I would bet on all three by the end of Episode IX. If Abrams and Arndt have the courage, that is.

The only way I can see that it shouldn't happen would be if Disney decides to make an Episodes X-XII.

19. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Why would they all need to die? They'll probably be in their seventies in Episode IX if the OT model is followed. I would find it pretty dumb to kill them all just to kill them all, not courageous.

Trebor Sabreon and agentkrycek like this.
  20. jedinightwing

jedinightwing Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2009
    I just want Wedge to have a bigger part. If anyone should have reached the rank of Admiral by VII, its him.

21. Roger Goldleader

Roger Goldleader Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 1, 2000
    I hadn't thought about Wedge returning. That would be pretty cool.

22. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Roger Goldleader: "Luke, tell your uncle if he gets a translator, make sure it plays Bocce!" =D=

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  23. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Closure.

24. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    There can be closure without killing them all off.
    Yeah, they can pass on naturally, that's different. But there is no need to murder each and every character.
    There can be closure even if they just go off and retire from public life, which is a sensible thing to do in your 70s. More sensible than the EU crisis-of-the-week approach.

25. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    Luke - Out like Yoda
    Leia - Die in a fight
    Han - Down with the ship
    Chewbacca - survives! chills with Han&Leia's Daughter
    Lando - Traitor! Turns on the heros and dies in VIII
    C-3PO - Survives!
    R2-D2 - Survives!
    Wedge - Goes out with Han.

Jedirush2112 likes this.