main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars: The Clone Wars nominated for seven daytime Emmys

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Convor, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Finally. But I thought all the awards were already given last friday, thus my previous comment. I still think Cummings or Witwer deserved the Emmy instead of Tennant.

P.S: And once again, Kevin Kiner lost...

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Whatever the hell you all are arguing about aside...I'm glad TCW got recognized for its animation. The animation quality drew me to the show after a long hiatus from all things Star Wars; that and a promise of good Anakin/Obi-Wan friendship scenes.

KilroyMcFadden likes this.
  3. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    Well yeah, but you still can't call it "adult." It handles those things, and that's good, but it handles them in a very hamfisted way, honestly. I guess my point is, oddly enough, even Walking Dead is more subtle and prescient than TCW when you get right down to it. And that's how it's supposed to be; Star Wars is meant to get the broad strokes right.

I get that this was what you meant, I actually made an edit addressing it, but expanding on it here... the fact that animation doesn't really get awards means that animators don't get into it for awards, which I think is a good thing in the long run. We've already discussed what ridiculously specific criteria go into Emmy nominations; would you really want animation to be beholden to that?

And I know we're on the same page about personal preference > critical quality. I'm just saying that to people in general.

4. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Congrats Clone Wars, finally a well deserved win. It was nice to see the crew that I've come to know and love up their with GL on TV accepting an award after all these years. Also receiving it from Carrie Fisher who looked particularly like Palpatine in her dress attire (!)

I agree its interesting that animation in the US is only considered adult and mature in nature when its a comedy, i.e. Family Guy or Archer. Despite the Clone Wars being a serious action/drama animated show, people can't consider it differently from the rest of the kiddie shows. I've seen some of these shows, i.e. Transformers Prime, and they don't compare at all in terms of production quality to TCW.

5. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    Darth Vader likes this.
  6. KilroyMcFadden

KilroyMcFadden Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    I'll go further. TCW had to make major stretches to fix the things that the PT screwed up. It actually mitigated a lot of the bad will the PT generated among people like me. I feel like to some small extent, it may have helped keep the flame of Star Wars barely alive in the hearts of the people to whom the PT was a giant fire extinguisher.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.