main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I didn't want Ahsoka having any more visions. Assassin and Mortis were more than enough.

2. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    A darkside cave on Onderon? Why Onderon? That arc had enough to complain about without giving us a taste of Mortis and a ESB homage to Dagobah.[/quote]

Ok... then imagine a situation like the one in KOTOR 2. On Korriban, the Exile had to deal with something like this and for those who do not remember Onderon had strong ties to a very powerful Sith. Why not have a Sith Tomb on Onderon. There were several rulers of Onderon that were Dark Side followers. Why not have that in the Onderon arc to make it more interesting!? Why not have a WHAT IF VISION episode to break up the stale feel of the first three episodes.
    Why not have that tomb they were at actually have a story behind it!?!? That would have been awesome!

The Mortis ones were not that cool. Except the cameos from Shmi and Qui-Gon - THOSE ROCKED!

I was meaning something like this.

The Ahsoka vision in the Mortis arc was pointless and irrelevant if you ask me.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  3. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Uh-oh, someone said the M-word... But seriously, those cameos were so wizard, Dani. LOL
    I respectfully disagree. Before Mortis, Ahsoka had one episode, Heroes on Both Sides, which established that time had passed, Snips was growing up. What I appreciate about Ahsoka's vision is what is represents in a teenager's development. Ahsoka wasn't a blinded, hero-worshipping Padawan anymore, and she was beginning to connect the dots: not only is her Master a fallible human being, he also has darkness inside. It was the Force giving her a wake-up call (must like Anakin's vision in RotS). And a shout-out to the micro-series, you could say Ahsoka was (almost literally) "facing the mirror," "testing the spirit." Overlords was brilliant. And hopefully on that point we agree.

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I liked Ahsoka much, much better as a hero-worshipping Padawan. Any hints of her seeing the growing darkness in Anakin before either Obi-Wan or the Council do, are just headdesk-worthy.

I wanted to like the Shmi and Qui-Gon cameos but Shmi was way out of character and I couldn't figure out why the hell Qui-Gon was there, plus it contradicts Obi-Wan's reaction to Yoda in ROTS--why would he be so surprised that Yoda had communed with Qui-Gon when he himself had done the same?

5. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    Obi-Wan and the council did see the problem. They saw it with Shmi: Yoda felt Anakin go berserk when she died; and they're aware of what Padme means to Anakin. That's why they gave Anakin a Padawan. Ahsoka is the training wheels; Padme is the bicycle. Pardon that metaphor, I don't think of Ahsoka or Padme as a things to be ridden, though google may disagree.
    Obi-Wan: "You mean, Mortis wasn't an isolated event? I can talk to Qui-Gon whenever I want?"
    Edit: One could also argue that Qui-Gon was merely a manifestation of the Force, not literally Qui-Gon's spirit. Its all ambiguous and up for interpretation, and that is why the M-word should not be uttered.

6. XJapanRoX

XJapanRoX Official Star Wars Artist star 2 VIP

Dec 5, 2004
    Just wanted to pop back in and say this is happening. I've gathered a team, and it won't be "official" cannon of course...but we're doing this. Details to follow soon. Thanks for the suggestion, dude. :)

7. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

Those cameos WERE Wizard!

I can really agree on how the whole Ahsoka thing is a shout-out to an amazing Council scene from the old series. WHOOO HAA!! Well played, I agree. ;)

earlchinna likes this.
  8. XJapanRoX

Dec 5, 2004
    Also, I know it's technically fanart...but I'll just leave this here, since this thread is where the idea was born in the first place. :) Hope you guys don't mind!

[​IMG]

9. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    That's a pretty cool title

XJapanRoX likes this.
  10. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    That one looks really quite good. Maybe a comic series really could tie up any loose ends that won't get touched upon in the upcoming material (a webcomic would be preferred as it should be widely spread and available to fans).

XJapanRoX likes this.
  11. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Hey, the above quote was from me, originally ... so it was, technically speaking, my suggestion :p.
    Anyway: Yay!!! [face_dancing] I'm so looking forward to this!

XJapanRoX likes this.
  12. XJapanRoX

Dec 5, 2004
    Weirdly enough, I quoted your post...but Seerow got the credit! Not sure how that happened. I probably deleted the wrong quote tag from your original post, when you quoted Seerow. But I definitely remembered you were the one to suggest it! haha But I'm glad you're happy it's happening. Anyway, you need to be included in the special thanks section as the idea was yours in the first place. So either let me know here or PM me what your actual full name is so I can make that happen!

And thanks to the others for the kind words! We won't let you down. :)

13. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Oh, I'm honored :). My actual, very unspectacular name is Nicole Schuhmacher.

14. XJapanRoX

Dec 5, 2004
    Credit where it's due! And apologies if I called you dude or man at any point -- They're my default terms of endearment! haha But thanks, I'll definitely include you.

Sgt Crowfield likes this.
  15. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

If we can't have the real thing, I'm glad you are doing it! :)

Sgt Crowfield and XJapanRoX like this.
  16. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Perhaps Obi-Wan incorrectly believed that until Yoda informed him in ROTS.

17. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    Absolutely. Maybe it was Qui-Gon, maybe it was the Force, maybe it was both. I can't say for sure, I'm just a fan.

After watching the Mortis trilogy, I watched the featurette yesterday. Personally, I'd love to sit down with Filoni and Taylor and pick their brains.

darklordoftech likes this.
  18. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Speaking of featurettes, I attempted to load up the Darth Maul Returns commentary on the last disk of my Season Four DVD set, and all it does is play a few frames of Dave Filoni talking before freezing completely. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

19. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    The Shadow Emperor I haven't had any trouble with my disks. I have the Blu Rays though. Are there any scratches on the disk?

20. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Nope. I purchased the set brand new, and upon opening I immediately loaded up the disk in question hoping there was some juicy commentary on the Darth Maul arc. Sadly it would not load for me, while everything else on the disk seemed to work fine. I then went and wiped it off with lens cleaner but it didn't do me any good.

21. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I've had bad disks in a new set in the past. I'd exchange them if you can.

22. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Why does Bo-Katan have yellow eyes? I thought yellow eyes = darksider!

23. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    No. She has green eyes. Complete with red hair and freckles. A fairly common trope in fiction, I must say, including Mara Jade Skywalker in the SW universe.

[​IMG]

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  24. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    They look yellow to me, but I could be wrong.

25. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Maybe chartreuse.