main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Here we go again...

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Grimby , Oct 30, 2012.

1. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    I think it was bad, but still don't want it rehashed. I'm actually hoping the dark side isn't much of a risk for the Jedi protagonists in this trilogy... THAT would be something new.

ChildOfWinds likes this.
  2. d_arblay

d_arblay Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2005
    It is almost certainly, given Lucas' own assessment of the movie saga being about a family, going to centre on the Skywalker family. I wouldn't imagine Luke would have children, so, it's very likely to feature Han and Leia's. But that doesn't mean it's going to be about falling to the dark side - perhaps, to put a twist on it, it might instead feature a wannabe Sith joining up as a Jedi apprentice, disguising his true intentions and using the knowledge he gains to betray those around him etc.

In the end, it will most likely be about trying to restore order in the galaxy and see the Jedi restored to their former glory (with many a subplot, naturally). Those are the two threads of the saga yet to be explicitly resolved... whether or not they're necessary in completing the saga is another debate (in my eyes, they're not).

3. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Glad to see you around these parts, d_arblay . Don't think I've seen you venture into E7 until recently. :)

4. Ahsoka_Tano_11

Ahsoka_Tano_11 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 30, 2013
    I don't know if I am excited about new Star Wars movies, or sad that there are going to be more than the original and prequel trilogy's. I don't like the idea of a sequel trilogy, but more Star Wars is always welcome.

whostheBossk likes this.
  5. d_arblay

d_arblay Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2005
    Hey. Yeah I needed some time away [face_tired] Good to see some familiar, well-informed folks such as yourself still here. As for Episode 7... well, I'm dead against it's existence so I don't know how much I'll actually post in this forum for the time being. But thanks for making me feel welcome.

6. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012

So sane being would be not excited about the prospect of Star Wars Episode VII-IX.

7. Ahsoka_Tano_11

Ahsoka_Tano_11 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 30, 2013
    Yeah, I guess.....I don't know. My senses are.....clouded.

8. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
  9. Dhammer1

Dhammer1 Jedi Padawan

Nov 12, 2012
    During the early stages Disney reported that they wanted to make a SW film about every year.
    Hopefully, that will not be the case, it devalues the whole franchise immensely.
    I am not sure what a happy median would be for most fans but if its similar to the 007 franchise that would work for me, again depending on how the story-line progresses.

10. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    So long as the Star Wars films are all GOOD, then there's no 'devaluing' going on. It's no longer an 'event', but so what? I love that there are Marvel Studios movies every year... multiple in most years, too. It doesn't hurt my enjoyment of them at all.

Now, if it was "Star Wars: Episode X..." every year, THAT could get problematic. I think the numbered episodes will be spaced out just fine, leaving the off-years and/or off-seasons for stand-alones, spin-offs, etc.

Where I really wanna see a lot of volume, tho, is in DVD/Blu-Ray animated adaptations of popular EU comic & book stories (plus some original adventures, too).

Granger likes this.
  11. Dhammer1

Dhammer1 Jedi Padawan

Nov 12, 2012
    I agree as long as they are good the time frame is not too relevant. However, if it is just a mass production you know as well as I the writers do not have time to be creative and then they resort back to the same ole story line which gets old in a hurry and that is where the devaluation comes in, no original or logical thought process and the series suffers.
    Definitely like your idea about the spinoffs happening during the down time of the SW films which should allow ample time for the writers of the SW series to continue with creative ideas and logical directions each film should take.

12. Granger

Granger Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    "Where I really wanna see a lot of volume, tho, is in DVD/Blu-Ray animated adaptations of popular EU comic & book stories (plus some original adventures, too)."

Yes, bring this on.

Sorry to Toonimator for the quote fail.

Toonimator likes this.
  13. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    So am I the only one still conflicted on the whole "Ot3 returning". I WANT to think it'll be epic but my gut keeps telling me "Stop. You know its not going to end well. Stop lying to yourself into thinking they might actually be good". Its just really annoying and mentally painful when my optomistic side battles my pessimistic side. Its just saddens me that one of the main reasons I'm not allowing myself to get too hyped for the sequel trilogy is the OT3. I dont want to get all hyped up over their return and then risk a *highly likely IMO* disappointment. :(

14. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I really don't see how you can already be disappointed.
    I see no reason whatsoever why wouldn't they be good. In all probability they will get around 10 minutes of screen time each.
    There are very few ways to screw that up.

15. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    I know but the more I wait *cause of this damn news drought* the more panicky I get over "What could go wrong". I need SOME positive news to distract me from my pessimistic side.
    Also the "10 minutes" thing has me torn. My optomistic says "It'll be fine. They probably wont get a lot of screentime cause of the new cast so there isn't much room for them to mess up. Plus JJ works great with actors" but my pesimistic side says "Lucasfilm knows fans want to see them so they'll shove them in our faces all the time and if they dont do a good job it'll make it hurt all the more. Also JJ works well with young, new actors he chooses so who knows if he can get performances out of actors he didn't choose". UUUUGH. This is why I need casting news so I can start obsessing over the new people rather than these guys :mad:
    *I can't wait for the inevitable "Ok which OT actor does this actor look the most like" debates*

16. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    As The Hellhammer says, I think it's too early to assume the big three won't be used a) well and b) sparingly.

Also, regarding Darth Claire 's "*I can't wait for the inevitable "Ok which OT actor does this actor look the most like" debates*"... not sure I follow that part, because they've said that the big three wouldn't be recast if the original actors don't sign up, and it seems as though they are coming back anyway. So do you mean other OT characters like Lando, etc.?

17. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Don Cheadle is suddenly Lando.

18. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    When we have a new *specificly young* actor cast I bet most people will assume he/she is playing the offspring of one of the OT cast so we'll debate which one it is based off that actors looks. So lets say a blonde actress with blue eyes is cast, there will probably be debates on whether she is Luke's daughter or Han's. You know..that kind of fun stuff *kinda like what happened when we were talking about that Meyers dude and we talked about his physical similarities to the OT cast and the whole "jacen" thing*

19. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Ahh, OK... debates about which OT character's kid a new actor is being cast to play. Got it. ;)

20. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Yeah its gunna be great. especially if we get a actor who is a mixing bag and we can't make up our minds cause then we can have debates. It's gunna be fun cause I bet everybody is going to assume every new young actor is somehow connected to somebody from the past films.

21. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    They'd better not cast Shia LaBeouf to play Han's son.

22. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    I will legit quit Star wars if that happens. Coarse its unlikely but I always fear the worst possible outcome so who knows :p

23. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
  24. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Don't even joke about that! [face_sick]:p

The Hellhammer likes this.
  25. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Mutt Solo. :p