main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Its like there is a LACWAC convention of Austria.

Didn't you post the pic of your Huskey with sunglassed on? Can't say I'm surprised. =b

Billy_Dee_Binks likes this.
  2. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    It's not like he wears them at night. :p
    He's usually pretty smart.. I would have blamed the other dog if I hadn't seen it happen.

3. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011

My cat tries to jump through the screen door. =b

anakinfansince1983 and eht13 like this.
  4. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Sorry man, it was actually a serious question! :p

I had Marmite when I lived in England as a kid. And I saw Vegemite when I visited Australia, but I don't think I had any then.

To the question about availability of either in the US... I don't think they are at any major grocery stores, but they are probably available at some of the small shops that specialize in imported foods.

5. RG4

RG4 Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 16, 2013
    All this talk bout Vegemite gets me thinking, have ya'll ever had sweet tea or grits? Not McDonalds or tea bought from a convenience store, homemade sweet tea with ice. Anakinfan I swear if you like this I will slap you because you're from NC you've already enjoyed this unlike our less Southern friends.

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    LOL, I may be the only Southerner who doesn't like sweet tea. I prefer my iced tea unsweetened with a bit of fruit flavor. Jason's Deli makes a black current iced tea that is to die for.

My grandmother used to make a "would you like some tea with that sugar?" iced tea that all the tea-lovers in my family really liked.

Grits: KenobiSkywalker is probably more familiar with how they're done best, short grain and creamy with a texture like mashed potatoes. Grits from Charleston are the only kind I've been able to eat without gravy. There is also the long grain kind which is the version Quaker sells in grocery stores; it's good with butter and cheese and gravy, either sausage or red-eyed.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  7. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Barriss_Coffee -- Vegemite over Marmite, every day of the week.

Speaking of iced-drinks, I had the best iced coffee of my life a few days ago.

8. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    I couldn't make grits, but I sure do love to eat 'em! =P~

EDIT: RG4 I'm a southerner (TN, GA, SC) who doesn't like sweet iced tea. :p I do like hot tea though..

9. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    You mean there are two of us? :eek:

And I can't make grits either, except for instant. But I'm not much of a cook; I can bake like a son of a ***** so if people could live off bread and desserts, I'm your person, but as far as an actual main course or side dish, forget it.

10. RG4

RG4 Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 16, 2013
    Make me some cornbread aye?

11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Sweetened or real unsweetened?

12. RG4

RG4 Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 16, 2013
    Unsweet.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  13. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Looking forward to my trip to Hong Kong tomorrow to search for Edward Snowden visit some family and relatives. Should be fun, but I won't be spending much time on the boards for the next week or so. Hopefully, I won't get any withdrawal, posting here has become unabashedly addicting. :) After the oft-hectic research at the university, I think I could use this well-deserved break!

14. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Have fun! Got anything exciting planned that you're gonna do over there?

Circular_Logic likes this.
  15. RG4

RG4 Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 16, 2013
    Hey TCW won best voice actor for David Tennant and Special Class Animation in the Daytime Emmys.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  16. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    I only just reached a computer with upload ability, but this is what I got from Billy_Dee_Binks! Collectible and rare SW toys from Kinder Suprises a few years ago. However, you mightn't know what KS is, Americans, considering they are illegal in the States.

I have also noticed how few people have curly hair in Austria since it's been pointed out to me, and all the strange looks I get.

[​IMG]

Billy_Dee_Binks likes this.
  17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Yeah, I've never seen those but they're cool-looking.

18. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    They look like Backyardigans characters in SW costumes. Hey I have to watch NickJr with my niece!

19. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    LOL, my kids outgrew that show a few years ago and now I've got the theme song stuck in my head again. :p

20. RG4

RG4 Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 16, 2013
    Really? I got this stuck in my head, perhaps we can have a Sing Along?

21. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003

You're right -- I've never heard of them either. The US has apparently done a thorough job of concealing their existence from the masses.:p

22. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Wait... Kinder Eggs are illegal in the US?

Holy crap, they are. Well, that's a very odd thing to make illegal. Apparently, so many people were silly enough to swallow the entire egg and toy in one go that they had to ban it for public safety. That's damn hilarious. [face_laugh]

23. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    >Kinder Surprises are illegal
    >Guns aren't
    'Merica

24. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Many US toy laws center around the fear of being sued by people who are either so damn stupid that it's a wonder they can muster the brain cells to call a lawyer, or are unable to cope with the fact that **** happens and want to blame someone for it. A friend and I have joked around that eventually they'll ban people with small kids from living in houses with floors because kids fall and hit their heads on floors.

25. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    Why can't we have a ban on lawyers? [face_sigh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.