main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation The role of Force ghosts in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Barth, Nov 22, 2012.

1. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004

Maybe Palps could be the star of Ghostbusters 3!

-C

2. Bad_Feeling

Bad_Feeling Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    I'd love to see more Force ghost stuff, plus explore HOW they'd fight etc. but I can't see these writers and director going there. They're going to try and make this as 'fan friendly' as possible to amuse the Simon Peggs of this world. It's a shame because Lucas wouldn't have been afraid to go there.

3. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I agree that this will be most "fan friendly" of the Sequel Trilogy, but I do not see it is a negative thing. It's not to please "Simon Peggs" (a guy who is entitled to his own opinion just as we are to ours). It is a new beginning of a new Trilogy and of a whole new chapter in SW history. It makes perfect sense to make this one the most "fan friendly" and accessible of the new movies - both for older viewers and for attracting new audiences.
    They've got at least two more Saga movies to explore all kinds of new and crazy stuff like, for example, Force Ghosts and their more direct influence on the physical world.
    Not to mention all the movies that will come after these three.

4. Debbie_Skywalker

Debbie_Skywalker Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2013
    Honestly, I'd like to see, in the end of Ep IX, a large gathering of all the Force ghosts . . . Anakin, Yoda, Mace Windu, Obi-Wan, etc., etc., etc. And yes, I know that Alec Guinness is dead and can't appear in the film, but via the magic of sfx, Obi-Wan's Force ghost could be inserted into the scene using old footage from ROTJ. Easy. :D That would indicate that, once the Dark Side is destroyed once and for all, there will be a millenia of peace and prosperity. Then any future movies could either go back and explore the beginnings of the Jedi Order and the Sith, and/or go far into the future to show how the descendants of the Skywalker line deal with the resurgence of the Dark Side.

5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Huh, check out this from the ROTJ rough draft, maybe there won't be a gathering of Force Ghosts after all, they seem to dissipate after a bit: http://starwarz.com/starkiller/revenge-of-the-jedi-revised-rough-draft/

Luke looks up to see a shimmering, translucent image of Yoda standing in the tiny cell with him. Luke is startled by the vision.

LUKE
    Yoda?

YODA
    Ben can no longer help you. His power to stay in the netherworld has been spent. He will soon be one with the Force. His identity lost forever.

LUKE
    No, help him. Bring him backā€¦

YODA

Only you can draw him back to the material world. Stop your anger.

6. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    There will be a continuation of the Force Ghost thing in the ST. Not sure what though.
    I do expect Luke to just pass on sometime in the ST. Not sure when but most likely after he realizes that the Order can survive or something.

7. Barth

Barth Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2002

I like this idea! I like it a lot. However one point--we can be pretty sure that Plagueis died before Qui-gon because otherwise Palpatine would likely not have taken Maul as an apprentice if he was still Plagueis' apprentice. Rule of two etc. (which doesn't always hold 100%, so for what it's worth)

I think one possible scenario is that when Plagueis became a ghost, then the netherworld of the Force became out of balance. Then the Force has a course-correction mechanism to start creating Jedi Force ghosts to combat the ghost of Plagueis. That would explain why this whole thing started happening with Qui-gon, whose death wasn't too long after Plagueis.

8. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    If they do this force ghost thing, they need to take a note from the incredibly compelling film called 'Ghost', starring the late Patrick Swayze. My point here is that Jedi are going to have to concentrate really, really hard to move something in the physical world. Yeah, that's it. And I want that actor who teaches Sam how to do this in the film. He was crazy funny.

[​IMG]

9. Bad_Feeling

Bad_Feeling Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    Vincent Schiavelli unfortunately died in 2005. :(

10. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Maybe they can get Oda May Brown.
    [​IMG] The robe kind of works.