main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Complete Season Five DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Orrelios, Apr 12, 2013.

1. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Not for those who already have the first 4 seasons. I don't want to buy them again after spending $180 on the first 4 Blu Rays...

2. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Well, for people who don't have them on DVD, like me, even though i only own Season 4

3. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

and in chronological order. It's a bit of a pain having to change discs around when wanting to follow the timeline exactly!

I'd buy a complete set, though I got S1, S2, S3 on blu-ray in a boxset which only cost me about £15. S4 on blu-ray was quite cheap too and that was when it was first released.

I would buy a complete box-set simply because ebay is very useful for selling stuff that you don't want and you can at least get your money back...

4. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    More than likely.

5. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    The price has come way down since, there's no way I'd make my money back on eBay. If it was in chronological order I'd buy them. But if a box set is the only way to get Season 5 or the Bonus Content, then count me out.

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I don't even think I'd buy them for chronological order. I'll shift discs around and spend my $80-100 on something else.

Paparazzo likes this.
  7. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    I hear you, I'm all about the second hand purchase.

You know, in season I never really had a problem with them hop-scotching around the timeline... but now? I find that irritating.

I so wish they would release them in order.

8. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yeah, having to buy Season 5 in order to get the bonus content would be one thing, but having to buy a boxed set of all the seasons in order to get the bonus content? That would be pretty unfair, methinks. I personally still think the bonus content should be made available all by itself, like the Darth Maul on TCW DVD I mentioned earlier.

Regarding the ordering of episodes not always being chronological on TCW... agreed. Please please don't repeat that silliness with Rebels. [face_praying]

9. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    If Disney are smart this is what should happen...

Warner would have the contract/distribution rights for Season 5 on DVD/blu-ray. Disney should honour that contract. There are listings for it so that is a good sign.

Season 5 gets a release, we buy it.

Bonus Content gets released either online for everyone on the web to buy/download at the same time, and they do not restrict it to just USA. Disney profit since they would own the rights to the Bonus Content.

Bonus Content gets released on DVD/blu-ray a few months later. Disney profits.

Prior to Rebels premiering a full TCW boxset, in chronological order, with a ton of new special features should be released/booklets the works. This would be a limited set. But I imagine it would only happen as long as Warner no longer have the right to air or make money off of Seasons 1-4.

This strategy would give Disney profit... and there are probably people out there who would buy all these things :)

SithStarSlayer and eht13 like this.
  10. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    I wish I could go online to buy the eppy's that I want and direct download them to my PS3.

Buying entire seasons feels so last century.

11. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    No to the first and yes to the second.

12. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    You can! The PSN has all five seasons of TCW on it, and you can buy them by episode.

I would also love a chronological order release. If you were to watch the first five episodes of the show, you'd have to swap discs three times. It breaks the flow.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  13. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Awesome. Haven't logged in there for a long time, when AC Black Flag comes out, I will check it out then.

14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011

I don't know about streaming to a PS3, but I've bought some season 5 episodes from Amazon Instant Video and I stream them through my TV.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  15. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Yeah, I've bought individual episodes of TCW from iTunes. I haven't actually bought any DVDs or Blu-Rays of TCW, except for the TCW movie on DVD. [face_blush]

16. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'd do that if I had an Apple TV.

My lazy ass wants to sit on my comfortable couch which has a drink-holder in the console for my wine glass, and watch TCW that way.

KenobiSkywalker and 07jonesj like this.
  17. EHT

Sep 13, 2007

That must be a high-end couch if the drink-holder is for wine glasses instead of soda cans, beer cans, or beer bottles. :p

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  18. Embomania

Embomania Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 2, 2013
    So has there been any info as to when season 5 will be released?

19. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    None, but it'll probably be released in October

20. Embomania

Embomania Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 2, 2013
    I hope you're right because I have a bad feeling about this.

21. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

As far as I am aware Disney would have to honour contracts already set in stone otherwise they could be brought to court by breaching contract. Since Warners have the distribution rights for Seasons 1-5 and they would have signed to release Season 5 on DVD/blu-ray at the same time as acquiring the airing rights for that season. Disney can't break that contract without legal action being taken which would be in Warner's favour. Hopefully we will hear some news soon.

Season 5 has been listed on Amazon.co.uk and a few other DVD/blu-ray websites but no release date.

22. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I'm hoping the box art pics and the specs will be released soon, preferably within the upcoming month.

23. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    A quick question for those who've bought the Blu-Rays.

Are the episodes on the Blu-Rays any different to those that appear on iTunes.? And are there any deleted scenes on the extras?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    They are, but the extended scenes aren't really that extensive at all to be honest. The iTunes ones are equivalent to the broadcast ones. There are deleted scenes, but not necessarily in finished more. If its between the two for you, I'd recommend the BluRays.

As an example, the Ventress kiss in "ARC Troopers" is on the bluray, while it was originally censored.

25. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    You learn a lot from the featurettes on the BluRays, and not just technical stuff; it's mostly background and clarifications about stories. They should be required viewing before ravenous nitpicking is allowed.