main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Hasn't the Saga Been Concluded?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Garrett Atkins, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Darth Loocas

Darth Loocas Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 14, 2013
    like i said b4 i personally wasnt one of the ppl who were angry about the PT when it was anounced,because i for one loved to see vaders story.
    but i hate the post VI so bad that to this day i havent read any of the new jedi order books or comics or legacy stuff,i mean chewy is killed by vong...come on!!!! the only post VI i enjoyed were the jedi knight games only because they were good games & they werent far off from VI.

but i cant simply not see new movies set into the saga like some book or comic,i must see them and buy them for the archive,so im just hoping for the best that they would exceed expectations or at least meet them..or at the very least dont turn out sorry excuses of a cotinuation of this huge saga...

2. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    There are all of the force-sensitive children on many worlds who had parents refuse to send them to be Jedi, since they didn't want to lose their children and didn't want their children to have to live the Jedi life.

Therefore, the galaxy is full of possible villains for a new adventure.

Plus, we don't know how or if Luke is building a new Jedi order to fight future dark side Jedi, so that needs to be explained.

I know how badly many want the Skywalker legacy to continue, but it isn't necessary to capture the essence and make a great SW movie. I think things like the "Old Republic" trailer are very inspiring.

3. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    It will be a great start to dropping the EU into irrelevance when Chewie makes his appearance in Episode 7, and thank God for all of that.

Darth Loocas and darklordoftech like this.
  4. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I don't see how those children are potential villains. I don't think their parents would hand them over to a Dark Jedi group either.

5. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    A person doesn't need to be handed over to the Dark Jedi to "turn dark"- using the Force in anger/fear/aggression enough times can count as "starting down the dark path".

And it's possible to use the Force without any training- Anakin does in TPM.

6. Bad_Feeling

Bad_Feeling Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    The more I think about it the more I feel it's highly likely that Palpatine will be brought back. After all he is THE puppet master, who learnt the ability to not die from his own master.

If he returned then perhaps he could fashion a new apprentice in the mould of Vader (including suit) and attempt to destroy the New Republic.

darklordoftech likes this.
  7. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the love of SW, writers have got to be a little more creative than this kind of resurrection. I don't envy them.

Darth_Pevra and Carbon1985 like this.
  8. DARTH_CHINA

DARTH_CHINA Jedi Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    To be honest, I don't think that a possible return for Palpatine would be such a far stretch. If we look at some of the biggest franchises, the return of a previously "dead" villain has been central to many stories: Sauron and LOTR, Voldemort and HP... That doesn't mean we need a resurrection of Palpatine from the start, no, but it could be a driving force for the characters to prevent such an event.

You could have a new, secondary villain in Eps. VII and VIII, preluding the return of Palpatine and at the end of Eps. VIII (the second, darkest act), the heroes fail, and Palpatine could be back *in some form* in the very last episode of the saga, episode IX.

Anyway, I really hope they'll be able to blend the new episodes with the existing ones. But for now, I still can't figure out how they'll do it...

9. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Back in the day, not long after Dark Empire (which brought Palpatine back) came out, Lucas apparently regarded it as one of his favourite EU things.

At some point after that however, he started saying things like "In my universe, Palpatine doesn't come back from the dead, and Luke doesn't get married"

So it's possible that, since it's been done, and since Lucas no longer likes it, the new movies won't do it.

10. Carbon1985

Carbon1985 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2013
    I agree as reviving Palpatine would look like they have no new ideas, as I would start to wonder if we were going to see Death Star III. :_| The other problem with resurrecting Palpatine is that it makes him look indestructable, and then you go through the ST thinking, "Even if he dies, is he really dead??" :confused:

Darth_Pevra and Sean Sinclair like this.
  11. Ganger

Ganger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 1999
    I remember the days when I used to speculate like a crazy person over the basic plotlines of the prequels. I can feel the crazyness again and it's a lot of fun, that can't be denied.

That said, I think one should take a step back when speculating and I think the original poster poses a very interesting thought because I don't know about you but I feel excited and cheated at the same time. Let me explain. We have a man that made something amazing, then he added things to this amazing thing to make it more amazing but by doing so, tampering with it and making it less amazing. Then he said that he was going to tell us the story of everything that happened before this amazing thing he did and, again, by doing so he divided his fan base and the world towards this amazing thing he once did. Then he continued to tamper with it and said that it was concluded, FOR EVER.

This is the same man that said Darth Vader means Dark Father even when the evidence shows clearly that he came up with the idea of the Skywalkers in february 1978. In the meantime, you have Clone Wars, my nephews play Star Wars angry birds, people call The Empire Strikes Back, V, Yoda has a mini lightsaber, etc.

Star Wars has always been huge but now it's huge in content. In the Star Wars of my nephews (who are going to be young adults once this new trilogy is concluded) Jabba the Hutt and the cgi twi lek from Clone Wars are part of the same universe. And now all is part of a package which costs 4 billion dollars and it belongs to Disney. A transaction which was heavily covered by the media using this picture:
    [​IMG]

Well, I'm rumbling . . . But I must say that when I heard of this I didn't feel like this saga was concluded, I felt like Star Wars was finished.

But as a guy who grew up with the TV recorded VHS tapes, who tried to get his hands on everything Star Wars back when a Special Edition meant Widescreen version, everything that has happened makes one feel cheated, but at the same time Star Wars it's just a thing that's always there and shouldn't be taken seriously . . . . right??

Lost my train of thought here . . .

In the end, if you have had ewoks, 2nd deathstars, friggin' 90s cgi gungans, and all this things you eventually make fun of. Does it hurt to have another trilogy with Han, Luke and Leia? I say bring it on and don't for a second take it seriously. Embrace it as a part of culture, pop culture and your own personal culture. Who cares if the Skywalkers are done?? This is a movie about heroes and giant toys. We can also be glad Lucas is out of the picture. HE ADDED THE NO SCREAM IN RETURN OF THE JEDI. This can be a good thing.

A year ago I thought Star Wars had become bullcrap, like a senile war veteran. Now I am very excited.

Is the saga concluded?? HELL NO.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  12. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    As soon the Sith survive ROTJ, so does Palpatine. GL's "my universe" statements were referring to a universe with a six-part Saga.

fixed. Palpatine and Thrawn would be an epic team.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  13. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    P.S. I've heard many ideas on these boards that in my opinion are much worse than Palpatine surviving ROTJ.

WatTamborWoo likes this.
  14. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    It wouldn't have to be their parents. They could be orphaned, or sold by disreputable parents to an evil group that knows the child is force sensitive, and wants to develop them into a dark Jedi.

They wouldn't have to be given as children at all- think about it, anytime in their lives, they could meet up with a dark group and start doing bad things; remember, you can develop your power later in life, like Luke did.

The mere fact that there are force sensitive people out in the galaxy that are not accounted for gives fertile ground for a powerful bad guy.

There were around 10,000 Jedi (per the novel) at the time of AOTC that were actually in the order, and many more on worlds where parents wouldn't give their force sensitive children to the Jedi. That said, there are only 2 known force sensitive people at the time of ROTJ (Luke and sis), and NO Jedi order. So you can do the math, about how many force sensitive people are there unaccounted for in the galaxy by the time of Episode 7? If birth is given every so often on various worlds to the force sensitive, that supply would have more than replenished since all of the Jedi were killed after Order 66 (not to mention that is only the force sensitive who became Jedi; plenty of others existed who weren't killed because they never became Jedi). There really is a lot of selection out there for a villain.

15. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I'm so sick of the nonsensical idea that all force-sensitives who aren't Jedi are evil.

16. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Huh? I have no idea what you are talking about.

All I was saying was that out there in the galaxy, out of the thousands of force sensitive, someone could turn evil and be the bad guy in the movie; I was addressing the OP idea that the story had ended.

Darth_Pevra and darklordoftech like this.
  17. Darth Loocas

Jun 14, 2013
    man,i would hope so...only from what i read here and there these series of books are considered highly canon,
    well god invented retcon for such cases!

18. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    There's a canon hierarchy. There's also another universe in which only the movies, The Clone Wars, and the intent behind those two things are canon and everything else is non-canon.

19. Darth Loocas

Jun 14, 2013
    is this like the stupid DC multi-verse which i hate!
    what u mean everything else is uncanon,this is just me asking not agreeing or disagreeing...

20. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I was describing that universe

21. Darth Loocas

Jun 14, 2013
    yeah i know but i meant what "other" universe what is it called...an EU and another universe that everything ecxept TCW & movies are uncannon!!?

22. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    GL (Lucas) calls it "his universe". I call it the "Lucasverse".

23. Darth Loocas

Jun 14, 2013
    LOL,now thats funny..i like it that lucas himself did this...but it kinda ruins the whole EU,what ever youre playing what ever youre reading ddnt happen at all,your chain is yankin'
    theres no revan,no malgus ,no katarn etc. um..thats interesting.

24. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    In the Lucasverse, that is. In the EUverse (as I call it), there IS a Revan, there IS a Malgus, and there IS a Katarn, etc. Btw, both universes are equally canon.

Darth Loocas likes this.
  25. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    That is genius