main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Unexplored eras and stories

Discussion in 'Literature' started by darklordoftech, Jun 17, 2013.

1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Talk about them here. I want to know about what went on in between 5000 BBY and 4000 BBY.
    Darth Loocas

P.S. Do NOT talk about movie and/or TV ideas here!

2. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    The most obvious one is probably post-Legacy era. For pre-movies, we have stuff heading back tens of thousands of years, even if it is scant information. Some areas are unexplored, but we at least have general information about how everything progressed to the time of the movies.

But, past Legacy, we have absolutely no idea what goes on.

darklordoftech likes this.
  3. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    and that better stays that way!

4. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    I must confess I'd demonstrate a total lack of interest for a post-Legacy era. More Skywalker great-great-great-great-grandchildren? No, thanks. I'd like to hear about the Unification Wars of the Republic, for example. Or maybe a couple of stories the events of which would occur around 3,000 BBY, when the Hapes Consortium was founded. Oh, and yes, the story of Allya, banned Jedi Knight and Mother of the Dathomirian witches circa 600 BBY.

5. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Someone seriously needs to do a "Where Are They Now?" story on pretty much everyone who lived through the Marvel series, save Lumiya.

6. Darth Loocas

Darth Loocas Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 14, 2013
    now someone is talking some sense in the thread...
    what about THYD?(the hundred year darkness) or the massive battle of ruusan on the big screen?

7. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Which currently untold stories do you want the most?
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/which-currently-untold-stories-do-you-want-the-most.50011457/

They're continuing Legacy right now, it's not over yet. Just a new author/artist team after a short break.

8. Darth Loocas

Jun 14, 2013
    personally i would like to see the-not quite deeply explored-old republic events and battles..

9. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Keep movies and TV out of this thread please.

CeiranHarmony likes this.
  10. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Why thank you. I believe Allya would be a very interesting character to write, but it should be handled with subtelty: she should not be your average darskider, she should be much more balanced and ambiguous.

Speaking of the witches, I'd also like to read the story of how a "younger" Yoda* dealt with them when the Chu'unthor crashed on Dathomir. At that time, the Jedi Order seemed to have a very different way of going. The Courtship of Princess Leia describe Jedi Knights coming "before their high master to give reports." It seemed that circa 230 BBY, Jedi reported to a single individual, one who sat on a throne! (Well, the doylist explanation is that the novel was written before the prequels, but I'd like to read a watsonian interpretation of that discrepancy.)

*"At middle age, Yoda had looked almost perky, carefree—not the bent, troubled old Jedi Luke had known."

CeiranHarmony and darklordoftech like this.
  11. Darth Loocas

Jun 14, 2013
    oh u said talk about'em here..what them did u mean then i thought we left our thread for here! we ddn't?

12. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    This thread is for things we want explored outside of TV and movies.

13. Darth Loocas

Jun 14, 2013
    ok,u havent said a thing since u came here,its your thread start a fire man!

14. Darth Loocas

Jun 14, 2013
    i think after naga went to massasi the teta system and the galaxy was at peace..for a 1000 years just like after ruusan

15. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Alright. Something else I'd love to learn about is the origin of the Sith species and Korriban before the Dark Side came to it.
    The galaxy may have been at peace, but important stuff was still going on. For example, Ragnos, Nadd, and Vitiate (Sith Emperor).

16. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    Well, that's a bit different because you can have untold stories in heavily-covered time periods.
    I know, but my point still stands. PAST Legacy, we have no idea. We can go back 25,000+ years for pre-movies stuff, even if some periods within that 25,000 are sparsely populated with stories, but we can go only 140-ish years past the movies.

17. Darth Loocas

Jun 14, 2013
    ragnos was dead b4 naga...but nadd went to onderon
    thats right there were things going on,but i dont know if the stories were told in lit other than the ones we know...
    which reminds me to say TOTJ shouldve went on for much longer than it did..not jumping forward to redemtion then dead.
    alot of good plots are lost in there

18. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Have some patience, it's only a matter of time :) Though any projects on the future, besides Legacy, are probably on hold until we see where the ST will take us.

19. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Exactly. I want what went on in between the sections of TOTJ to be explored further. And we all know that Ragnos remained relevant long after dying.

20. Darth Loocas

Jun 14, 2013
    yeah he did,we just talked about that in the other thread,but for a second i thought u meant the physical ragnos...
    but when there's nothing out(so far)about these shadowy times,who can shed some light for us?

21. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    A Marka Ragnos novel, of course! (Are you aware that Ragnos is the one who appointed Kun Dark Lord and said "He is ready, Nadd"?)

22. Darth Loocas

Jun 14, 2013
    yea wasnt that in TOTJ? or do i know it from somewhere else?

23. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    It's in TOTJ.

24. Darth Loocas

Jun 14, 2013
    ok then,yeah but what did u mean about "a marko ragnos novel"? u meant it is out there or u were suggesting it should be?

25. Darth Loocas

Jun 14, 2013
    other than that marka ragnos possessed tavion...thats why i said back there that he tends to show up more than other dark lord spirits,the dudes everywhere.