main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    I'm working on the draft schedule now, so you can see when the 274 Draft will start within the next half hour, if that matters.

Also, I'm formally putting Calli Webb, formerly of Chandrila A&M on the trading block. She's had three years of seasoning in the minors, all with the Corellia Rebels...who happen to have had the fourth best offense in the PLL so she might actually be decent. Right now the Miners are a little loaded with upfront talent so I'm willing to entertain offers.

--EDIT--

GREATEST LIBRARY THREAD ENTRY EVER.

jcgoble3 and CPL_Macja

Jedi Gunny and jcgoble3 like this.
  2. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
  3. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Topped only by

:D

4. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    I see the Monarchs are creating the galaxy's biggest collection of third-round picks. :p

5. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    My first round draft pick is due on John Elway's 53rd Birthday [face_party]

6. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Bom Trady has got to be down there somewhere, right? ;)

Season awards going up in just a second.

7. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Ayn is a true sports fan; always rooting for one team and to hell with the rest of the league. I love it. :D

Speaking of which, Trieste, will Ayn be back next year?

8. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Timing question... when is the Board of Governors meeting in relation to the Awards and Finals?

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

9. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I'm glad that the Senators are so universally loved. :p I'm definitely running the Yankees reincarnate in this game.

10. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    This may or may not reflect my current attitudes towards the Pac10 and/or current antipathies towards the Chicago Blackhawks.

She won't be the main character. Her story will transition to The Bluebells & The Edelweiss for the most part. However, as events with her touch the Elite League (which given, the direction she hopes to head, will likely be frequent), she'll very much be in Miner posts. I'll actually be unveiling next season's character soon. This is one that I intend to go for several seasons, unlike Sydney and Ayn who were one offs to tell very specific stories from specific viewpoints.
    This is a little nebulous. It is easiest for me from an IC perspective to have the fateful Board of Governors meeting be post-Galactic Cup Final, but that does mess with a little continuity since Bardan_Jusik referenced Vhett attending in conjunction with the Solo Conference Final and Vehn already placing Kaitlyn Vehn in the Board of Governors meeting. If all parties agree, I'd like to set the Board of Governors meeting about a month after the Final in IC time and a month prior to the start of the 274 Draft. I think it will work best that way. I can be flexible though. (I realize this proposed IC timeline placement means any Vehn-Vhett interaction that could naturally include, "Those stinking Senators for winning the Cup," or "Those lousy Lightning for winning the Cup," would not take place since we don't know the outcome yet. ;))

11. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Fine by me. You do what needs to be done for continuity's sake.

12. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Edit: Oops, double post.

13. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Yeah don't worry about Vhett, her post could reference some sort of a pre-meeting and not the main one. Set it when you need to and I can adjust from there.

[​IMG]

14. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Sub-GM Note:

Just a reminder to all players with Futures League teams that as mentioned in the rules post, Championship Week scores, including the Futures Cup Final, will be posted on Saturday instead of Sunday so that teams posting for the Galactic Cup Final can refer to the results of Futures Cup Final, which is played in the early afternoon in the same stadium. That means you have one fewer day to get a post in for a bonus roll. Plan to have your posts in no later than 3:00 pm EDT on Saturday, as that is the earliest that scores may be posted.

TAG: JM_1977, Bardan_Jusik, Vehn, Rebecca_Daniels, Jedi Gunny, Teegirloo, Runjedirun, JediMaster1511

15. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Many thanks to Trieste, jcgoble3, and CPL_Macja, for all they do with regards to the not so noticeable things that keep the league running. And many thanks to everyone for making this a wonderful game filled with more twists and turns than I can count.

So, from now on, June 19th will henceforth be known as, "Limmie GM/Player Appreciation Day".

Really, everyone, you guys make this such a fun experience. Keep doing the good thing ^:)^

CPL_Macja, jcgoble3 and Trieste like this.
  16. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Awwwwwww shucks. Thanks for taking a moment to say so!

17. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Well, thank you. [face_blush]

Now, I swear I'm going to get an IC post up tonight, as soon as I figure out exactly what angle to take with it and get it written. Until tonight, though, I'll continue procrastinating. :p

18. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Thank you very much Vehn... really its Trieste, jcgoble, and on the college side Gunny that do the heavy lifting around here. I'm just a computer geek with sleeping issues :p

19. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I'm feeling a little under the weather today, so I just want y'all to know that the Mock Draft will not be worked on or posted today. Hopefully I'll get it worked on tomorrow if I feel better, or Saturday at the latest so that everyone gets a few days to look it over.

20. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Feel better! I'm working on a post that might do a little possible heavy lifting for you in some of the mock drafting anyways. :)

21. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Hope you feel better soon, and not just because I always look forward to your Mock Draft. ;)

[​IMG]

22. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Yeah, Gunny, get better. I have to know which players are worthy of the first selection in the draft.

23. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    So I sat down tonight to write up a short and simple post introducing my storyline and setting up the Finals. One and a half hours later, I have over 1,500 words written and haven't even entered the atmosphere of Euceron yet. I both love and hate it when you sit down with a specific mini-plot for the post in your head and once you start writing, it takes off in a totally unexpected direction. I was not expecting combat this early. To top it off, I'm tired, so the rest of the post will have to wait until tomorrow.

Jedi Gunny, Vehn, Trieste and 2 others like this.
  24. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I know the feeling very well. My post went in a somwhat similar direction. :D

Oh, and CPL_Macja apparently being (one of) Setarcos's lover is a rough gig. When he's done with you he uses his job to ship you off world? I wonder what the League would think if she complained to the Elite League... ;)

25. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    She wouldn't... he knows the skeletons in her closet and never once did he tell her that by sleeping with him that she would eventually become the head coach ;)