main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Here we go again...

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Grimby , Oct 30, 2012.

1. Dhammer1

Dhammer1 Jedi Padawan

Nov 12, 2012
    All you have to do is look at the photo, not even a good morph job. Another National Inquirer rag who wants to get noticed.

2. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012

As is true 99.9% of the time.

3. Darth Gumby

Darth Gumby Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2013
    Uh, that's a real pic, people - It's been on MANY sites and you are the first I have heard to question its validity

4. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Nah it is photoshopped....cause we all know this is the real version
    [​IMG]
    ;)

d_arblay and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  5. d_arblay

d_arblay Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2005
    Looks fake to me. Doesn't even seem as if Lucas and Abrams are even looking at each other.

6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Look at all of those glasses. They have been on a binge!

7. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I don't know what makes less sense to me - someone sitting down and photoshopping this kind of photo... OR...the fact that we are giving it two pages of discussion, wondering if it's real or not.

8. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
  9. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Well, I really thought Dinsey was going to give us new characters and timelines for the spin-offs so that is disappointing. At least it's not Darth Vader though. They better really nail the casting for young Han or it could be very bad. They did it for young Obi-Wan so I have faith they'll do it again. It should be fun to see and there's always hope that they'll do something a little less orthodox later on.

10. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Nope. That's a real conversation between the two.

11. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
  12. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    It's real... the conversation, however, happened several years ago.

13. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Do we know if the spinoffs will be movies with live actors or will they be animated or CGI like Avatar?

14. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    darklordoftech likes this.
  15. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Probably both.

16. Jeff Zach

Jeff Zach Jedi Padawan star 3

Jun 7, 2013
    Harrison Ford + CGI for the spin-off movies, like Jeff Bridges in Tron: Legacy. Would this work? Your thoughts?

17. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    No... do not want Harrison Ford's face CGI'd to someone else's body. Just re-cast.

Jeff Zach and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  18. Dhammer1

Dhammer1 Jedi Padawan

Nov 12, 2012
    I agree, not a good idea at all.

Jeff Zach likes this.
  19. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    No.

Jeff Bridges in Tron: Legacy kinda worked inside the computer, if it weren't for everyone ELSE not looking like their faces had been CG'd... but his early-film scene with his kid OUTSIDE the computer was damn unnerving.

CG keeps getting better, but it'd be cost-prohibitive for them to try to do that for an entire film for Ford and make it look good (and by 'good', I mean 'non nightmare-inducing' which is what Tron would've done if it were CG Bridges traipsing around outside the computer for 2 hours).

Just recast. Guy doesn't have to look like Ford, just feel like Han.

20. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    I do believe that they are going to recast Han for the origin spin off. Yes I know it will hurt some fans feelings here and we will get tons of "Nobody but Harrison Ford can play Han" riots and people instantly hate on the new actor before he's even filmed a single scene, but its for the best. It would look really bad *sorry technology isn't ready and I doubt Ford would even want to* to try to get a 70 year old guy to look like a 20 year old *assuming he's even in his twenties. They might make him late teens for all we now* and then try to get Ford to act like a teen/20 year old. Plus there probably is an young actor who can pull it off so its not like "NOBODY can do it". Go ahead and get mad at me but no....they should hire a new actor to play Han in the spin off.

Darth Chiznuk and Jeff Zach like this.
  21. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I may not like it and I'll probably complain about it since I am in the camp that believes Harrison IS Han Solo, but I know recasting is the only way if they produce a spin-off film centered around him. I'd rather they not touch the character at all (Han's backstory and life prior to ANH is one of the few EU stories that I DO enjoy), but what are you going to do? At this point, I'm going to try to remain optimistic. But really (and I've said this before), I've never been too thrilled over the spin-off idea in general.

Hitchhiking-Ghost and Jeff Zach like this.
  22. Jeff Zach

Jeff Zach Jedi Padawan star 3

Jun 7, 2013
    The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles worked very well with another actor playing Harrison's younger self, and River Phoenix playing the character in The Last Crusade, also worked very well.

All in all, I would not mind so much if someone else played a young Han Solo, so long as Abrams does not kill off Harrison Ford's iteration of the character in the movies.

23. Dhammer1

Dhammer1 Jedi Padawan

Nov 12, 2012
    When it comes down to it, if they do select someone as a younger Hans it's success or failure is going to be whether the actor they select has the ability to make the fans slowly forget about Harrison as Hans. The new Hans will have to have such strong chemistry in the role to accomplish this, and this will not occur overnight that's for sure.

24. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I disagree that the actor has to make us forget about Harrison's Han. Let's be honest that could never happen. As much as I love Ewan McGregor's Obi-Wan he didn't make me forget Alec Guinness one bit. He made the character unique his own way though and that's all I would hope for the actor playing young Han Solo.

25. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    I agree I dont think he'll replace it. He probably will pull a "Ewan/Pine" where its just comes down to personal preference *assuming that the new actor does a good job*. Some fans might like the younger version while others might still stay faithful to the older version *or even OLDER OLDER version in the sequel trilogy. Ages are going to become realy complicated really soon here*. In the end I doubt it will make us "forget" about the old one much like how Ewan and Pine didn't make us forget about the older Obi and Kirk *well fangirls may have basicly replaced Shatner with Pine but I dont blame them. Pine's eyes are to die for [face_love]*

Darth Chiznuk likes this.