main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RPG KOTOR available on the Ipad??!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Mr Tibbs, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Mr Tibbs

Mr Tibbs Jedi Padawan

Jan 13, 2013
  2. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Why spend a few hundred dollars on an ipad to play a game with finger-obscuring-everything controls when you can buy both KotOR1 and KotOR2 for less than $20 on Steam?

3. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Absolutely not, no. The PC and Mac versions both sell digitally for $10. It's a solid port, and would be worth a buy if you already had an iPad, but there's a heavy emphasis on the already part.

4. Mr Tibbs

Mr Tibbs Jedi Padawan

Jan 13, 2013
    But, but, I can play the game on an Ipad at work. And, I have no PC to play games on. I do however have a modded xbox and the original discs that I use with the 360.

I do think that I want a tablet, but I would prefer to get an Android based one. I guess I will just hold my breath and see if the game releases on Android.

5. rincewind86

rincewind86 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 23, 2013
    ok guys...noone in his right mind (who is not rich) would buy a new console or something for one game which was produced 10 years ago.
    BUT: i played KOTOR 1+2 on PC, had to buy the first part last year again and even payed 30€ cause the "goldcollection" it some month later....
    anyways, i jsut wanted to say that the KOTOR port is totally awesome to play on the ipad.
    graphics are a bit refined and even though it is now 10 years old, it still looks good to me. the handling is very nice and i just love it to lie in my bed and play kotor deep into the night, like i did 10 years ago.

the pricing was totally ok with something around 8€ (just a year ago i payed 3x that much for the PC version)

the only sad thing is, that i now want to play the second part, too and up until now i did not recieve any news that they would plan to realise it. but i keep up my hope

6. rincewind86

rincewind86 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 23, 2013
    jsut wanted to say that the controls work quite nice.....not often that i say that about a port on ios but this game was ported very nicely in my opinion

7. Champion of the Force

Champion of the Force Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 27, 1999
    Quick heads up - KOTOR is currently on sale on the App Store (50% off). Good time to grab it if you've been hanging out for it. :)

8. CircaCitadel

CircaCitadel Jedi Padawan

Oct 10, 2012
    I bought it on my iPad 4th gen when it was on sale. I'm extremely impressed with how well it works on touchscreen. Since you don't have to control the character as much during combat, it works brilliantly. It's one of my all time favorite games and now I get to play it anywhere with ease.

9. CaptainHamYoyo

CaptainHamYoyo Jedi Master star 2

Aug 18, 2011
    Great news for those with the iPhone 4S and iPod touch 5 or later, KOTOR is now available on the smaller devices!!! I was upset because I have a 1st gen iPad, and couldn't play this game. But loving it now on my 5s!!! :D

10. clyde1914

clyde1914 Jedi Youngling

Aug 23, 2013
    Now if they would only release it on Android, my life would be complete. :)

Django Fett33 and CaptainHamYoyo like this.
  11. macewindu98

macewindu98 Jedi Youngling

Jan 26, 2014
    There are many other great games on the iPad. Be sure to check out Galaxy on Fire.Not Star Wars, but a really well made space shooter.And KOTOR works fairly well. You can auto run if you want , and just move your finger to turn once in a while. That's what I do.