main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Man of Steel

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by arrowheadpodracer, Jun 14, 2013.

1. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    Did you like it? Hate it? Gonna see it again? Gonna buy the soundtrack?

I loved parts of it. Other parts had me scratching my head. I will see it again for sure.
    Not sure about the music though. Nobody does it like the master.

2. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    Probably seeing it tomorrow.

catz44 likes this.
  3. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    need to see it still...maybe Friday?

4. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    We saw it on Sunday. I liked it and thought it was good. The movie was full of destruction and quite a few people's tickets getting punched and it felt a bit too much like an action movie where nigh-invincible heroes and villains battled it out, with not quite enough down-to-earth human emotion and depth to it. I could have gone for more development between ol' Supes and Lois Lane, but that's just me.

I'd recommend it to people who like action movies and/or superhero movies. I don't plan to watch it again, though, as it wasn't that incredible to me. Maybe it suffered from a pale color palette and too much green screen? Hmm...not quite sure.

My biggest problem with it was
    Superman killing General Zod. The Superman I know doesn't kill. Am I wrong about that?

Loved the music. I thought it was great and majestic...conveyed the feel of a truly superhuman, but positive morality character.

All in all, I'd give it a solid B.

5. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Southside folk...Continental 5:30 PM Thursday...last showing in RPX and they have a new sound system...not that it wasn't already freaking awesome.

6. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    I liked it, I think the fight scene with superman was a little long and that could have been cut down. And the relationship between Lois lane and superman could have been developed on more. She was willing to risk the world and her life to protect a man she barely knew... But the guy that portrayed superman was nice to look at so it made the bad parts seem ok ;)

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  7. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    In case you're interested about the level of destruction in that movie:

Science estimates that the damage done by Man Of Steel was worse than 9/11 - http://www.avclub.com/articles/science-estimates-that-the-damage-done-by-man-of-s,99165/

From the article:
    By running analytical models on the Metropolis stand-ins of New York and Chicago, Watson estimates that some 129,000 people would have died so that Henry Cavill and Michael Shannon could finally punch each other, with another 250,000 going missing in the rubble, and nearly a million beyond that left injured. (The extent to which their injuries would prevent them from expressing gratitude to Superman for coming to their planet, so he could save it from threats he himself provoked, was unfortunately not included in the report.)

8. arrowheadpodracer

Apr 9, 2002
    ^^awesome.
    Yea, Metropolis got the crap kicked out of it. And regarding the "spoiler" above - I totally agree.

9. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002

YES that bother the sh1# out of me. i am like
    ok nononono, superman doesn't kill, i don't CARE if it was to protect mankind. i realllly had issue with that. i mean it part of the whole struggle of super heroes. i mean batman, would not kill...i think it takes something away from them, that is part of why we love and admire them so much. they will not kill. i reallly have issue with that portion of the movie. other wise it was AMAZINGLY shot and beautifully done

10. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Yeah I was thinking about the amounts of destruction they were causing. I kept thinking why doesn't superman take it somewhere less populated ;)

11. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005
    I may be as alone on this as the Last Son of Krypton but I was disappointed. [face_bleh]

I absolutely didn't care about any of these characters and I think it's taken for granted that we should cuz we all know who they are supposed to be. I think too much time was spent getting away from the Shuster/Seigel recipe because of the Creators lawsuit. The story seemed rather week despite the good acting in spots. The Super Battle became so redundant that I started to nod. It may be that I just love the Chris Reeve movies so much but this re-energizing of the character to me, wasn't as epic as The Dark Knight relaunch.

I guess I'm getting too over-the-hill. o_O

nnaydolem likes this.
  12. arrowheadpodracer

Apr 9, 2002
    I saw it again in IMAX 3D. Enjoyed it a lot more the second time. I still have some issues with what they did, but overall I give it a thumbs up.

13. arrowheadpodracer

Apr 9, 2002
    One last thing.
    I thought the destruction in Man of Steel was a little over the top.
    Then I saw Pacific Rim. :oops: