main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Should CIS holdouts make an appearence in Rebels?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by StarWarsFan91, Jun 18, 2013.

?

Should Separatist holdouts appear in Rebels?

1. yes

35 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. no

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  3. maybe

6 vote(s)
    14.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Separatist_holdouts

Should they?

Would go well with the idea that the title of the show "Rebels" is referring to all type of rebels, not just the rebel alliance.

Also would be a nice connection to TCW. And it could put (ex)Separatists in a good spotlight instead of always being portrayed as villains.

2. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    How else will we see Tikkes?
    So, YES.

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Yes, and to your list of reasons I would add the Empire's species-ist policies.

AshiusX likes this.
  4. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Oh, wouldn't it be delicious if a Jedi fell in with some of these old Seppies. What the Empire does to people.

5. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Oh fo sho.

Imagine Trench vs Thrawn in a fleet command showdown. That would be the greatest ep / arc ever.

6. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Yeah, that'd be really cool. I think San Hill should appear since he didn't die in ROTS, and I'm still hoping to see him in season 6 of TCW, plus then they could continue his story in Rebels. And they could link the Star Wars: Battlefront series with Rebels by having Gizor Dellso appear with his reactivated droid factory on Mustafar, that'd make a pretty good storyline.

7. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    How else is Barriss_Coffee ever going to get full closure on her claim "San Hill Lives" otherwise?

8. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
  9. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    A resounding yes. To add variety to the various fledgling rebel groups prior to the formation of the Alliance to Restore the Republic, I think we definitely need to see Separatist holdouts resisting the Empire. I for one would love to see the show tackle the story of Gizor Dellso's CIS remnant on Mustafar and its eventual demise at the hands of Vader and his 501st Legion. But really, any sort of resistance from former Separatists would be welcome.

Now wouldn't that be Munificent?

10. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I voted for maybe

11. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    This thread makes me wonder how Palpatine would feel about CIS holdouts.

12. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Yes, it'd be stupid for them not to be.

13. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

Oh Jack, you rock! I saw the thread and I said to myself" HMMMMM... CIS in the title, I have to go in" and what do I find!? The first reply is from you and it is about my Tikkes. THANK YOU from the bottom of my CIS heart.

TIKKES FOR THE WIN!

That is a ship vs ship battle made in heaven... OMG. I can see it now! FILONI, MAKE IT SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Great example, Jordan. A similar story like Gizor's in REBELS could be about Tikkes and his struggle to deal with nostalgia and shame and so on.

YES! How is that and my Tikkes issue gonna be resolved if San Hill and TIkkes do not appear in Rebels!?!? San Hill is already alive in EaW so why not retcon it to the MAXXXXX!!!

If that happens, it would be the biggest twists since TESB. Even bigger...

It would be nice to show that the remnants of the CIS worked on the principle - the enemy of my enemy is my friend so it would explain why the Sullustans (CIS allies) join the rebels.

And so that means Darth Munificent as in Darth Generous?! Hmmmmmm...\

Judas!

I know how he would feel - like I do if I forget to finish questions on an exam. Yes, I pass the exam, but the mark is lower than I expected.

It would be...

14. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Have no idea what San Hill or Tikkes is. Even had to look CIS up to see what it was supposed to be. Is this EU stuff going to start all over again with this new show.

15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    The CIS was pretty prominent in the films. The Confederacy of Independent Systems and the Separatists are one and the same. San Hill was in both AOTC and ROTS, and Dan can clarify but I'm pretty sure Tikkes was there as well. This isn't EU stuff.

16. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
    Ahh ok, I havn't really watched the PT movies enough to really get all the nitty gritty details of them. I just thought they went by 'Separatists' and didn't realize the they had other names as well (when in the film do they say the word CIS anyway)?
    There was a lot of stuff in TCW that I didn't know existed in the films until I would watch some of the commentary and they would say this and this happened in such and such film.

17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    CIS may have only been mentioned in the opening scroll of AOTC but I thought it was mentioned in some of the politician dialogue.

18. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012

Seriously!? :confused: Ok... I was gonna go on a rant here about this, but I see the following responce
    to the nice fellow member anakinfansince1983 so I am saving it.

Thank you. I can with no doubt say Tikkes was in all three PT films, but darkchrono has not seen them so he has not seen TIkkes. Moving on.

I could go on and ask why would a SW fan watch TCW without the understanding that CIS and Separatists and Separatist Alliance are the same thing. It is like Americans calling themselves Americans, but their country is the United States of America. It is the exact same thing.
    Plus, I bet it is hard to watch SW and TCW without having your interest tickled into looking up info on the characters, locations and etc.

Not knowing what the Quarren Isolation League is - that I could understand, but there are only four main factions in the movies.

It was. It depends on what type of fan you are to know these kinds of things.
    I am sure there are SW fans that love SW, but will not know what a Po Nudo is or what a Neyo is.

19. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Yes, I could see it working and I'd be open for it. I can't see why there wouldn't be some Seppies around post-ROTS, trying to keep the CIS traditions alive even though the high council is gone.

20. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    CIS holdouts = post-ROTJ Empire (unless Palpatine wants and/or deliberately keeps CIS holdouts around)

21. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
    You are probably a little more hardcore than a lot of fans are. I watched all the TCW episodes exactly one time. Through season 4 on netflix and dvr'd season 5 and then erased the episode after I finished watching it.

And I am sure if Star Wars was real life people would take the time to learn all that stuff. But since it isn't there isn't a huge need to dig layers and layers into each episode.

22. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    The Clone Wars is on Netflix??

23. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
    Yep every season through season 4 so far.

24. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012

One viewing per episode?! So you are just a casual viewer if you ask me.
    Even if it is not real, that does not stop fans from reading and exploring things. It is part of being a fan.
    And I wouldn't say you need to be a hardcore fan to know that Dooku's faction was the Confederacy of Independent Systems.
    It is exactly those bits of extra knowledge that sometimes boost the feel of an episode. Like some of the fun references to the comics for example...

25. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    (Note re: Netflix: The DVD's are available through Netflix, not streaming.)

This is what happens with Dass Jennir in the Dark Times comics... at the end of Republic, he's fighting Nosaurian Separatists, then falls in with 'em.

So much gold to mine from the Dark Times comics...

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.