main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    Ahmad Bradshaw may be close to signing with the Colts.

Captain Tom Coughlin likes this.
  2. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    That's an interesting development.

3. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    I wish him well. I was sorry to see him go.

4. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
  5. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    well. he certainly won't be doing much of anything QB related i wouldn't think.

6. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    They'll probably make an H-Back type TE out of him. Maybe have him play QB in some option packages.

Assuming he even makes the final roster, which he may or may not do.

7. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    you have tom brady. why, why, why would you ever even consider pretending to try out an option package for any reason what-so-ever?

IF he actually does get used that way, that'd mean he finally realized he won't really be a QB in the league.

8. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    I think it's pretty clear that the entire league realizes that he won't be a QB in this league. A QB worth anything wouldn't be available in June.

9. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Tebow is a much better all-around player than QB. Belichick obviously wants to see what he can do with Tebow, and if past history is any indication, he might have a chance in NE.

10. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    That's probably the best place he can go. No drama.

11. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeah, much as I dislike the Patriots, that's probably the best landing spot for Tebow if he still wants to be an NFL player. Belichek won't allow the media circus that occured in Denver and New York and that may well benefit Tebow overall even if he never gets to play QB.

12. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    Colts and Ahmad Bradshaw agree to a one year deal. Hopefully he'll have a productive and healthy year and the Colts can extend that. I think the Colts will have a fairly deep and productive backfield with Bradshaw, Ballard and Brown. I can't wait for the season to start!

13. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  14. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    According to ESPN, Victor Cruz will sign his FA tender with the Giants.

And evidently Bret Farve (after helping the Vikings steal Greg Jennings from the Packers) says Aaron Rodgers will break all his records.

15. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    Glad to see Cruz signing the tender. That gets him in camp. Hopefully they get a long term deal done soon and put this to bed

16. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    So Vladimir Putin straight-up stole Robert Kraft's Super Bowl ring. Kids, don't let heartless dictators near your valuables.

DarthIntegral likes this.
  17. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I'd say that would be grounds for an invasion of Russia. I mean we've invaded other countries for less solid reasons.

Edit: Before anybody gets up in arms, I was kidding (at least in so far as the first sentence)

18. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  19. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    AM 790 in Atlanta cans the 3 hosts of their morning show after a despicable bit mocking Steve Gleason (former Saints player, famously blocked punt in return to Superdome after Katrina, now with Lou Gehrig's disease).

Deadspin has story and audio. Yikes.

20. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    wow... that... is just disgusting.

21. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Echoing the disgusting part. Glad they got canned.

22. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Paging Juliet316

A murder happened and an NFL player is being questioned. Why are you not on this yet?

Anyway, Aaron Hernandez, TE, Patriots is being questioned but is not a suspect.
    Not to my surprise, he's being uncooperative. The dude came off like a real jackass when he cohosted some espn shows last year.

23. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    not cooperating with the police strikes me as a highly moronic thing to do if you aren't guilty of anything. particularly in a murder case.

24. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Here are the details.
    http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=9400650p

Investigators searched New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez's North Attleboro, Mass., home Tuesday in connection with the death of a man who police said was an associate of Hernandez, ABC News reported.

ABC News reports that Massachusetts investigators plan to interview Hernandez about the death.
    During the search that lasted hours, two friends of Hernandez who were in the house tried to leave but were stopped by state police at the end of the driveway. Crime scene investigators later searched the car the men attempted to leave in, according to the report.

AP Photo/Paul Jasienski
    Authorities searched the home of Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez on Tuesday night in connection with a homicide. Hernandez has not been named as a suspect.
    On Tuesday night, some police officers stood on the front steps of Hernandez's home and others could be seen inside. Some walked around the driveway and in the garage with flashlights. Before wrapping up their work for the night, one officer took a box out of the massive house.

Hernandez has not been named as a suspect, but a rental vehicle with Rhode Island plates was found near the scene, which led investigators to Hernandez, SI.com reported.

Hernandez was initially uncooperative with police after the body of a 27-year-old man was found in an industrial park not far from the Patriots player's home, two law enforcement sources told ABC.

Hernandez is represented by the Athletes First agency, which said it has no comment "on the Aaron Hernandez situation." The player's mother said by telephone from Connecticut on Tuesday she had no knowledge of a case involving him.

"I am aware of the reports, but I do not anticipate that we will be commenting publicly during an ongoing police investigation," Patriots spokesman Stacey James said.

The Sun Chronicle of Attleboro, Mass., reported on Tuesday that police identified a rented 2013 Chevrolet Suburban with Rhode Island license plates in the town 40 miles south of Boston in connection with the possible homicide. The paper reported the vehicle is registered to Enterprise and investigators were hoping to analyze it for fingerprints.

25. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Because A) Thunderstorms knocked me off the computer which led to B)deciding for once to put better use of my evening hours to something better than reporting on dead people. Like sleep.