main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph One Thread To Rule Them All: The Rings of Power + The Hobbit & Lord of the Rings Trilogies

Discussion in 'Community' started by -Courtney-, Nov 25, 2006.

1. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Dont forget that the first breed of orcs where once elves and then turned into Orcs and then they mulitplied and became twice or ten times bigger by cloneing. How long can they live? That I do not know!

Also I noticed the difference between mordor Uruks and Isengard Uruks. Uruks from mordor are smaller and alittle wider where as Uruks from Isengard are taller!

2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Isengard Orcs were said to be human like, instead of elves.

3. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    That was the uruks, the regular orcs came from the misty mountians, but not the goblins!

4. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 4, 2008
    My Complete Guide to Middle-earth says that Orcs were bred by Melkor in Utumno early in the First Age, after the Elves awoke but before the Battle of the Powers, using Elves whom he had captured and corrupted in his dungeons. "The Orcs increased their numbers during the Chaining of Melkor" and "multiplied in the Misty Mountains" in the Third Age -- so presumably there were females of the species.

This business about "cloning" is utterly non-evidential.

black_saber likes this.
  5. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Wasn't he also one of the Wild Men recruited by Saruman?

6. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Nope.

7. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    True but the orcs breeded and became multiple numbers and not all of them where elves once! The first started out that way, but then they breeded or used some kind of spell to multiple. I get what you are saying!

EDIT: If peter jackson makes a movie around the first age of middle earth, We could get some new foul creature like armies, similar to the Orc, Goblins, and Uruks.

It would of been cool if he added goblins to the battles of middle earth during the time of lord of the rings but oh well! But it is cool that he changed and made orcs and goblins different which would go with legolas line in the fellowship of the ring.

He grabs the arrow from Dwarf corpese and says "goblins" and then when pippen the fool of the took alerted the foul creatures Legolas says "Orcs" when he heard the echo!

That gets me gussing in why both don't show up at the same time?

8. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    Jackson does not have the rights, and the Tolkien Estate has made it clear he will never get them.

Goblins and Orcs are different names for the same sorts of creatures. Tolkien often uses multiple names for the same things.

9. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    The Hobbit Movies will be the last of Middle-Earth that will be made.

10. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Aug 4, 2008
    Okay, but "breed" means "reproduce". Last time I checked, you need a male and a female for that. ;)

11. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Aug 4, 2008
    I hold out hope.

12. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    Same here! But I think we may get more!

13. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Not if Tolkien Estates doesn't want any made

14. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Aug 4, 2008
    We'll see. The estate is currently headed by Christopher, who is quite old.

15. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002

True but simon tolkien may become head of the tolkien estate and he told jackson to go wild!

EDIT: I have a feeling there going to be more Harry Potter novels in the future!

16. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    In the movie the hobbit an unexpected journey, Goblins and Orcs are two different creatures! They also barley gave jackson the copyrights to the hobbit and look what is happening now!

I got gut feeling that there may be more despite what the tolkien estate says!

EDIT: People say one thing and mean something else and half of the fans are expecting more!

17. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Aug 4, 2008
    That's what I'm getting at. Although I believe the "go wild" statement has been disproven, your point remains that Simon is more apt to sell New Line (or whoever) the rights to The Sil once Christopher is out of the picture in the next 10-15 years.

18. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Aug 4, 2008
    No, they're not. Just different words applied to slight variations of the same critter.

Random Comments likes this.
  19. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    In the tolkien world which is in the books, Goblins and orcs are the same but not in the movie! But peter jackson change that up a bit. Goblin are smaller except for the king goblin and orcs are taller!

20. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Aug 4, 2008
    No, even in the films goblins and orcs are variations on the same creature. Goblin is another word for orc, and while it may be applied to the smaller form of the creature it's still the same species.

21. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002

How soo when gandelf calls them too different things hence giving Bilbo the sword Sting?

EDIT: They may be related but the movie talks about there two different speices. Only in the book are they the same!

22. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Aug 4, 2008
    When Gandalf says "orcs, or goblins" he means "orcs, also called goblins".

23. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    Lets just agree to disagree!

24. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    black_saber, what have the exclamation marks ever done to you? Why do you abuse them so?

25. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    Just trying to make a point. Not trying to abuse it or anyone else. [face_frustrated]