main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Policy Official Username Change Request Policy

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Grimby , Sep 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jabari

Jabari Jedi Master star 1

Jun 25, 2007
    Yes, I signed up ages ago, never posted anything, then got busy and forgot about it, and when I tried to sign up again I discovered that I already had an account. No sense in creating a second account if I could still get into the old one, right? But I'd rather change the name if possible. :)

2. facebook

facebook Jedi Knight

Oct 16, 2012
    I don't want to change my name, I just want to point out that facebook is taken. I think Myspace is still available, though. [face_whistling]

3. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    So can facebook technically report me every time I say something crass about Facebook?

4. hear+soul

hear+soul Jedi Master star 6

Nov 5, 2004
    thanks for the new name, KJ et al!!! [face_dancing]

5. Commander Krix

Commander Krix Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2013
    I'd like to request my current username Commander Krix be changed to Butch_Flowers

Reason: When I first signed up, i thought you had to have some kind of username involving Star Wars, soooo I did make one! "Commander" Krix suited it for me. Although, as I look at some other peoples profiles, they have usernames that has almost NOTHING to do with Star Wars, so I was like, wow, I never thought of it like that. Just another request, thank you for considering this, and farewell! :)

6. Commander Krix

Commander Krix Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2013
    Give me a few weeks to decide, I will post again as a yes or no. Thank you. :)

7. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    Alrighty.

8. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Wonder if there could be a space added between "Trebor" and "Sabreon"? As silly as it might sound, the lack of a space always looked awkward to me, and as long as it's an option, I think that would look nicer. Thanks much!

9. Silas Nightstalker

Silas Nightstalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 7, 2012
    I would like to change my username from the current one to Silas Nightstalker. It would be very much appreciated. :)

10. Emperor Von Schweetz

Emperor Von Schweetz Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 12, 2012
    I would like to change my username to Palpy. :)

11. Emperor Von Schweetz

Nov 12, 2012
    Nevermind, that's already taken.

12. Randwulf Crescentmoon

Randwulf Crescentmoon Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2013
    Hi, I would like to change my name to Jetedonne Pur-Pureus...

..reason being that I just had more fun coming up with an "original" forum name this time around...

...as I don't know what the process of changing my name entails for moderators, administrators, etc. (as I read at the beginning of this post that a name-change effects every post that user has previously been on) I just want to be clear that if it is a hassle, then I am completely fine with my original name...also I don't know if a name change actually costs moderators, administrators, etc. any money or not, and if this is the case then again, I don't want to be a burden and will be just fine with my forum name as is...

Thank-you for your time... :)

Oh, and while I'm here I was just wondering...I noticed that when most people post on a thread that underneath their posts are quotes or lightsaber drawings and I was just wondering as to how to do this process? I don't mean how to draw the lightsabers per say, but just how do I get to write or draw underneath my post like those people? Is this under "signature" or "update status"? Also what's the difference between "signature" and "status update" and do either of them appear when you post on a thread?

Again, thank-you... ;)

13. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Bryan Fab : Someone else can address your name change request, but for now...

Text and text-based "pictures" under posts would indeed be within Signatures. Status updates appear on your profile page and also on the preview rectangle that pops up when someone clicks on your name or avatar in a post. If you have a status, it would appear there above the link to your profile page.

14. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    I would like the 666 dropped from my username. The reason is that I'm older now, I've been dropping it over the past few years in emails and on other forums [and I have discovered less blatant ways to scare people ;)].

15. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Besides, that username has already been taken by The Beast...

16. Ahsoka_Tano_11

Ahsoka_Tano_11 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 30, 2013
    Bryan Fab If you want a 'signature' go up to your name at the top, wait for it to drop down, click 'signature'.

17. Randwulf Crescentmoon

Randwulf Crescentmoon Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2013
    Oh, I know thank-you...I just never knew what "signature" and "update status" were, until eh13 cleared that up for me...

Thanks again, though... :)

eht13 likes this.
  18. Emperor Von Schweetz

Nov 12, 2012
    I would really really really like my name to be changed to Emperor Von Schweetz.

Has a nice ring to it, don't ya think?

19. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007

And 665 was taken by the Neighbor of the Beast.

20. Darth_Arapsis

Darth_Arapsis Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2013
    I would like to get my name changed to Darth_Arapsis. I used that name for a while than i forgot my password for the account and my password for the username. This was my original username then i came up with Arapsis and decided not to ask for a username change wiih only a few posts.

21. Emperor Von Schweetz

Nov 12, 2012
    About my username change (sorry, I forgot to post it earlier), I want it changed to Emperor Von Schweetz, because I really hate the username that I'm using now. I couldn't come up with a name, so I just picked the two most random words and put them together. I've obviously came up with a better username, and I'm ready to switch to that.

22. Darth Rowdon

Darth Rowdon Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2003
    I would like to change my username to Darth Rowdon

I chose this name years ago when I first created this account but dont really use that anymore. I just logged back in for the first time in a long while and dont particularly want to go by that name.

Thanks

23. TheCIS

TheCIS Jedi Padawan star 2

Apr 21, 2013
    I would like to change my username to TheCIS for i do indeed like the cis (especially the droids, as is evident from my avatar)
    Also, i do not really like cassius clay- i am not a boxing fan, mostly the name just popped into my head at the time of writing

24. Harps Loves Dani TeeHee

Harps Loves Dani TeeHee Jedi Knight

Oct 7, 2007
    Will you add spaces to my name?

Thaaaaaaanks.

25. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I would like to request to change my Username from Darth Vader to Legolas_Skywalker

Reason: Well i am a huge fan of Anakin Skywalker and Legolas Greenleaf and mostly tired of having Darth Vader as a user-name.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.