main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Should CIS holdouts make an appearence in Rebels?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by StarWarsFan91, Jun 18, 2013.

?

Should Separatist holdouts appear in Rebels?

1. yes

35 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. no

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  3. maybe

6 vote(s)
    14.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Hmmm...I'm going through the Empire comics now but I've got the Dark Times comics next on my list, first one already downloaded (I use the Dark Horse app).

2. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    If I'm going to watch episodes numerous times to figure every little insignificant detail out that isn't hugely important to the overall plot it is going to be for a series like Game of Thrones and other adult dramas. Not a pretty basic show like Star Wars television is.

3. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I was gonna say.... I would have waited till the Blu Ray prices came down a bit if they streamed them.

4. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
    Oh yeah I couldn't tell you if they have it available for streaming. I still only get the dvd's because the selection for streaming on netflix is still piss poor.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  5. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I have both options so that I can get the choices that are only available on DVD (hello, Community) but damn, I love streaming.

6. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    If a CIS holdout will be in the show, then it should be Gizor Delzo's faculty on Mustafar

jaoblias likes this.
  7. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

:confused: :confused: :confused:

That is just odd logic. I do not know what kind of fan you are, but the same way the different details in "Game of Thrones" expands and deepens the immersion into the world of Westeros... well... the same thing can be applied to almost every TV series with an overall big mythology and chronology. Even "Futurama" has that and it is awesome to see some details the creators put in as easter eggs and such. If you are loyal fan of a show, little bits of tributes and info like that would make you go "Oh that, that is clever" or "AWESOME! They referenced that awesome comic...".

So I do not see the logic in dissing TCW just because it does not have the same level of gore, sex and suffering that exist in "Game of Thrones". But I guess it is all on the set of mind. A little GoT reference here for you who thinks "The Clone Wars" is pretty basic show and disses awesome SW lore.

Force help you, darkchrono, now you are a truly lost.... :p

faculty!?! Is Gizor in a new Pixar movie called "Separatist University"? ;)

No, they should leave that plot to Battlefront 2. If a Separatist needs to emerge in Rebels it is TIKKES of the House of Tikkes, the First of His Name, Representative of the Quarren and the Free Isolationists, Lord of the Seven Seas of Mon Calamari and Ruler of Dac.

8. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
    Lol, you're funny. You think that just because I said I prefer adult dramas to get into that that meant it is because of the gore, sex, and suffering. Maybe it has more to do with the interweaving storylines that that show has that is intended for adults whereas a show like TCW was made for younger people so it is not going to be nearly as complex.

And yes, Star Wars as a whole is pretty basic (even the movies are) and was never really intended to be looked at as deeply as a lot of series made for adults are.

9. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I think a lot of the themes in Star Wars are pretty deep.

Unconditional love bringing a lost man back from darkness
    The importance of not giving into hatred, even if the hatred seems justified
    "Luminous beings we are, not this crude matter"

That's just three off the top of my head from the OT.

10. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
    Ehh, some may consider stuff like that deep but I enjoy watching more adult themes such as the reasoning they have for wanting to take the throne. The allies and enemies they created in their quest for wanting to take the throne and how they became allies and enemies. The armies that they build in their quest to take the throne and how they manipulate others and conquer other lands to build those armies. Stuff like that.

The stuff you mentioned really is at the core basic value systems stuff.

Don't get me wrong I still think Star Wars is a lot of fun. But it is not intended to be extremely complex.

11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    The political "conquest" stuff in Star Wars is in the PT, in fact, the themes you mentioned could be applied to Palpatine and the Sith wanting absolute control over the galaxy and wanting to eliminate the Jedi.

12. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Clearly, Tikkes has made a miraculous escape from the depths of Davy Jones' locker. :p

Who's the best tentacle-faced badass now, Davy Jones?

13. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
    Possibly but at an extremely basic level. It pretty much just gives you one layer of depth and you have to imply the rest. Nothing in my mind that would make me want to go back and watch again strictly to get those developments.

14. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012

Well, if you mainly mean the OT then yes. It is a not to complex story of Good vs Evil, but in the Prequel trilogy it is more complex than that. How can you even say that Star Wars is pretty basic if you did not know basic info like the real name of the Separatists!?

There are way too many complex issues in SW for you "SW is basic" person to understand.

And there dozens of "interweaving" storylines in Star Wars. If you take the time to look closely than just casually watch then you would see how many there are. Even in plain sight...

I am being funny cause I try to approach ignorance with humor, but yes. One labels "adult" things I listed above aka gore, sex and suffering. Aside from the meaningless gore and sex, there was death and suffering in TCW, but since it was in animated form, you dismissed it.

Perfect points, milady.

That right there shows how much ignorance you show both about "The Clone Wars" and even "Game of Thrones". Even if you claim that "Taking the throne desire" to be an adult theme, there were a couple of stories in TCW and many EU stories exactly about that. There was one about Mon Calamari and the place of king in his kingdom.
    "Allies and enemies making" - you obviously have not watched TCW at all. Betrayal is a staple of Star Wars stories. Did you just become a Star Wars fan!? Cause there are tons of betrayal stories and also stories in TCW about "the enemy of my enemy is my friend".

The theme of Palpatine controlling most of the galaxy and manipulating many into fitting doing his bidding is just as complex and "adult" as the way Tywin Lannister controls almost all the cards in GoT.

It is all up to the fan to explore and see all the intrigue and awesome stuff that happens on screen, behind the scenes, in comics and so on. Something darkchrono is not showing any sign of.

Again I repeat myself, you are truly lost if that is your understanding of Star Wars and the Prequel EU and TCW.
    You talk about extremely basic?! Robb Stark was as basic as they come by your logic. He did things and broke oaths out of love just like Anakin Skywalker. It is either Star Wars is too complex for you to see it or Game of Thrones is also "basic" and you do not see it again.

Finally, the post I wanted to respond the most after dealing with ignorance above.

Yes. I could say he has. I bet Davy Jones is a cousin of Tikkes and he has just allowed him to leave due to being family. You know, Squids!

iPodwithnomusic likes this.
  15. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
    Well Dan it's obvious you put Star Wars on the same level in regards to adult drama as Game of Thrones is. I do not and calling someone ignorant just because they don't makes you the fool.

16. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012

Yes, I put SW on the level of GoT - it is natural. There are many people out there that consider GoT too childish due to the magic and dragons and stuff. It is weird, but there are such people. LOL

It does not make me the fool to call you ignorant, it just clearly states that one that has little to info on Star Wars should not start throwing stones at that lore. It is basic ignorance.
    Coming in and saying that you had to look up CIS means that you know little about Star Wars to claim that its awesome stories of love, betrayal, war and so on are basic or lesser than other franchises.

17. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
    Yes you are foolish to call people ignorant simply because they don't hold the same things you like to such high regard. And that really is what this is all about. You're getting upset because someone doesn't take Star Wars as seriously as you do.

18. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Last post that this convo here will annoy the admins...I do not want to do that. O:)

No, I am calling you ignorant cause it is like if you know nothing about English literature, but you go ahead and say that English literature is dumb garbage. THAT is what it is all about. It is not about taking Star Wars taking too seriously, but knowing little about it and then proclaiming outlandish claims about it. THAT is my problem with your posts above.
    So do not try to pull the "taking stuff too seriously" card on me after just proclaiming in the start that you do not know basic information.
    PS: You are ON A STAR WARS FORUM, what kind of people do you expect?! Ignorant people that call Yoda that green guy from the first season.

WE ARE DONE HERE!

CONFEDERACY FOR THE WIN!

19. darkchrono

May 23, 2005

Lol, so now you are trying to say that someone who doesn't like star wars as much as you do and doesn't think as highly of it as you do is like someone who doesn't know much english saying english is dumb. And you also pull the ridiculous 'we are done here line' so the other person can't respond to you.

Lol, you are quite the humorous one.

20. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Yes, we are done. You have proven your ignorance and yes, I try to be.
    I am trying to end this ignorant streak of yours so I do not have to cause the mods work by cleaning this otherwise awesome thread. That is why that was there. If you know little about something, don't show how ignorant you are about it in the first place. It is like the saying If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.
    But instead of nice, put this so it would If you don't have anything to contribute to the forum, don't say something ignorant. Learn from this! Cheers!

21. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Circular_Logic likes this.
  22. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
    Couldn't stand not having the last word could you. Maybe you shouldn't have said that you were ending it.

23. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Back to topic:

Another awesome Separatist side we could see the Trade Federation's remaining assets trying to adapt or not try to adapt to the Empire's reign. The Trade Federation was a major player in the Clone War so I doubt they will all just flee and hide. I hope we see some struggle with the new establishment like in the EU. After all, like some have said... maybe REBELS is more like how the characters acts, rebels against somebody and not that he is part of the Alliance to Restore the Republic.

Time will tell. I know some fellow forum members would love to see Neimodians in Rebels.

Yes, we are done here. You just can not read... I have checked your history, you just like argue with nice people like anakinfansince1983 and contribute little to the conversation. :rolleyes:
    Do you have something constructive to add to this thread about THE SEPARATIST HOLDOUTS IN THE TV SERIES REBELS? Do you?! From what I see you do not so go to another thread and stop ruining this thread with your ignorant statements.

Have a nice day and move along... ;) 8-}:*

24. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
    There you go again. Dan when you can't stand not having the last word don't tell people you are ending it.

25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Dan, apparently the thread is about you now. You could always do Tikkes' voice in Rebels.

I'd like to see Cato Neimoidia again and see what those money-grubbing cowardly *******s are up to without Gunray.

darklordoftech likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.