main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MOD Non-Spoilers Allowed Forum Sign-Up

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by PrincessKenobi , Jun 19, 2013.

1. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    With the release of spoilers today and the upcoming onslaught of spoilers we are likely to see after Celebration Europe, we are going to go ahead and start sign-up's for the NSA forum. We plan on opening it around the time of Celebrations. The forum will be read-only to anyone who doesn't sign-up for it. Only those seriously going non-spoilers should consider requesting access. If you request access and then post spoilers in there to cause trouble. You will be banned, no questions asked.

Thank You,
    Your Episode 7 Management Team

RULES FOR NSA:

Welcome to the JC. While you're here, I hope you'll drop by the non-spoiler forum. The following is our most current set of rules for what is and is not considered spoiler material:

Important please read this:

Anything that has been released after August 1st, even from official sources is now off limits in the NSA forum with the exception of the one thread designated for newly released information. To discuss newly released information please head to this thread. The one exception to this is the soundtrack cover (cover only).

These are the rules that apply to the entire JC (with the exception of the two STSA forums)

1) Anything dated prior to August 1st, 2013 from any official or unofficial source is not a spoiler.

2) Anything said by Lucas, Abrams, Any Producer working on the project or any other individual ranking high in the Lucasfilm hierarchy is not a spoiler. Anything said by a mid- to lower- level employee, like the ones who leak info to TF.N, is a spoiler.

3) Quotes from actors, stunt doubles, etc., who were on the set of Episode 7 are not considered spoilers.

4) Any information from any issue of Star Wars Insider is not a spoiler. Information from any tabloid or other publication dated after 5/19/99 is.

5) Any information taken from the official site, including the Select pics, is not a spoiler.

6) When the time comes, the posters and trailers will not be considered spoilers.

7) Of course, all sorts of speculation based on information obtained from the non-spoiler sources above is acceptable and welcome.

The following are certain actions that are not allowed in the Non-Spoiler Forum to keep it devoid of spoilers:

1) Posting highlightable text (ex: highlightable). This makes it very easy for a troll to hide spoilers, and makes it harder to administrate in general. They also will be seen when the colors of the board change.

2) Linking to the Episode 7 (Spoilers Allowed) forum. Linking to a thread in the SA forum is not allowed because then people would have to venture into SA to get someone's point, and they could be easily spoiled. It presents a temptation to non-spoiler members, and if one needs to refer to a SA thread, they can easily simply quote the parts of the thread that they refer to, editing out the spoiler parts since they would not contribute to the discussion, and obviously because they are spoilers.

3) Discussing opinions of Episode 7 I based on spoilers. Threads such as "Don't get too hyped up about episode II" are not allowed since they are informing and discussing spoilers. Opinions of Episode II based on speculation are allowed, but not based on spoilers. Based on spoilers means that they aer discussing spoilers, and taht is not allowed in the NS forum.

1) * Any pic released after the date that they start sharing pictures we can edit this when we get a date may be linked to, but not imbedded. When linking to a new officialy released pic please give a small spoiler warning.

2) *Pics and descriptions of Episode 7 toys are only allowed in this thread when it exist..

3) Any material from the Episode 7 novelization is considered spoiler, with the exception of the cover art only

4) Any material from the Art of Star Wars, Episode 7 novel is considered spoiler, with the exception of the cover art. **

We reserve the right to restrict certain users from posting in the non-spoiler forum, such as users whose names contain spoilers and those with spoilers in their signatures.

These rules are constantly under debate and are sometimes modified. The only way the rules will be changed is if the regular posters to the non-spoiler forum agree revisions are needed, or in special cases where the administrators agree that new rules are necessary and would improve the forum community.

As always, if you have questions or concerns about the NS forum, feel free to PM any of the mods listed above.
    *These rules apply only to the NSA forum.

**While it will be off limits to post pics from The Art of Star Wars book in the NSA forum, for now it will be ok to do so outside of said forum.

Rainbow Knight Star likes this.
  2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Wow, this is really gearing up, isn't it! :D I have a question - if we sign up for the NSA can we still post in SA forum? I'm still undecided whether or not I want any part of the spoilers-allowed forum.

3. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009

As someone who wasn't around during the prequel trilogy I have to ask, what qualifies as a spoiler? Would the NSA forum be entirely speculation? Or would news like cast and title reveals still be able to be discussed?

VanishingReality and Dranem like this.
  4. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    I'll edit my first post with the rules that will be posted in the NSA forum. As long as you don't post spoilers you can request to be in the NSA forum.

5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    General...count me in.

6. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I'm with you too!

7. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    Yep, count me in too. I haven't decided yet which I'm going to be but I definitely won't post spoilers in NSA (hehe NSA...) if I do go down the spoiler path and let it forever dominate my destiny

8. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I'll post wherever GIL is, since I'll probably see spoilers in Lit anyway.

9. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    I'm definitely up for a non-spoiler forum! :)

10. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Count me in. Whether I'll be disciplined enough to stay there is another matter entirely. I certainly hope so!

11. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I'll bite.

12. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Sign me up! We'll see how long I hold out! :p

13. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    We have been laboring over the details of launching NSA for awhile now. It got ugly. Because we posted pics of ourselves.

14. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Sign me up.
    Will probably still hang around in SA but no worries, I know how this goes, I'll be nice in NSA.

Wow.
    Those two abbreviations really have some nasty "real life" counterparts hahahah.

themetresgained likes this.
  15. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    GIL isn't leaving the spoiler board though NSA will have its own version if a social thread.

You received this Ninja message from Tapatalk

16. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Good timing, with the news the past few days I was going to ask. Sign me up please.

Regarding rule #3, doesn't that seem like a slippery slope? If the extra playing Republic Trooper #2765 decides to leak key plot points he saw during filming, because he was upset about how he was treated by a studio exec in passing, would that not be a spoiler? Isn't a non-spoiler only official, sanctioned statements?

17. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    I want to go with you to non spoilers. There's nothing for me here now....

-C

18. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    I think several of the things that are being defined as "not a spoiler" will in fact be spoilers. And by labeling that forum as a non spoiler forum, but allowing certain types of spoilers, you will be doing more harm than good.

These two leap off of the page at me

Quite a lot of spoilers could come in that form. And anyone who opens this forum expecting a spoiler free environment could have their day ruined. Just my two cents.

19. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    I would like to have access to the NSA forum please. Loved the 3NSA forum during it's time and look forward to this one having a great run as well.

20. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    There are also different levels of spoiler-free. I'm fine with director quotes and trailers but don't want spy reports; I have known people who won't even watch trailers. I think people will have to use their own discretion about what threads they open and I think spoilers could stay out of thread titles.

21. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Just to make sure everyone's clear on this...

Everyone, by default, will continue to be able to read and post in the regular, SA forum. Everyone will also be able to read in the NSA forum. All you need to sign up for is the ability to post in the NSA forum, if you want to be able to do that. And if you do sign up, and you do post spoilers in there, you'll lose posting rights there immediately.

Edit: PrincessKenobi and others: any thoughts on the questions above around the safest definitions of "spoiler"?

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  22. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    Also, in the regular EP VII section, something should probably be done about thread titles, maybe splitting the whole EP VII section off of the Star Wars films section. The reason being, if you want to go in say the CT area, as of now you can see the most recent active thread title in the EP VII area. Any thread title that contains a spoiler will be seen by anyone using the forums, whether they want to see them or not

23. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Will the spoiler trolls in NSA be banned in general or just from NSA?
    'cause my humble opinion is that such douchebaggery should be a full on ban.

24. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    If someone comes along and sees "spoiler free", that is what they are going to expect when they open it.

I'm not saying that they should automatically change direction here, just that this is a concern that should be addressed either in the definition fo what is a spoiler, or whether or not the forum is truly spoiler free

25. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    not sure whether to go spoiler free or not,

was completely non spoiled for AOTC and enjoyed it far better than I did ROTS, which I was majorly spoiled for.

Also some people in this thread are going spoiler free, which is a shame, I enjoy looking at their posts