main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What would get you so mad that you would walk out of Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by JediKnightOB1, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gambit420

gambit420 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 14, 2003
    Excellent idea! I will forward it to Disney

2. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    this would make me mad

- Sith being in the film
    - Vader and Palps being resurrected
    - Making 1-6 irrelevant

3. Ganger

Ganger Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 1999
    You're right, there's a whole thread about this. But, for the sake of this argument, the fact that the whole time travel thing exists in other movies doesn't really mean that much to Star Wars logic. The fact that Lorraine Mcfly wants to have sexual congress with his son, Marty, doesn't validate such an obviously awkward moment on Episode VII.

But that's just an opinion. Actually,I'm sure Hayden is not going to be there, anyone who is not Lucas knows it's a terrible idea (besides the point if it's valid or not) that could destroy the movie.

4. Mr. K

Mr. K Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 1999
    Music score by Hans Zimmer.

Dasan likes this.
  5. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    If that was the case I'm sure you wouldn't even walk in the theater.

JediKnightOB1 likes this.
  6. Ganger

Dec 9, 1999
    ha ha ha ha ha that's so terrible, it's funny.

El_Machete12 and aguywithabiggun like this.
  7. Jabari

Jabari Jedi Master star 1

Jun 25, 2007
    I've just realized there IS something that might make me walk out of the theater - keeping in mind that the only movie I have even left briefly was Fantasia, as a kid -

if Leia dies, especially in a pathetic manner (uhh..."lost the will to live"), or becomes the "refrigerator woman" for some other (male, usually) character's motivation.

LEIA CAN ONLY DIE OF HAPPY OLD AGE, OR IN A BLAZE OF HEROIC GLORY WITH HAN. Neither of which I want to see in a movie.

8. aguywithabiggun

aguywithabiggun Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 1999
    It would take a lot to make me actually leave. I can put up with a lot of nonsense. Hell, you almost EXPECT it. A lot of us are getting up there in age. Im 37. I would likely sit there through the damn thing as I love the series, and honestly, I live below the poverty line. Im not gonna just HAND the theater my money and not sit through it. Lol

However, the first mention of alternate timelines and crossover Star Trek they are threating us with.......

Bye.

Jabari likes this.
  9. ScorpionJedi

ScorpionJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2013

Well if that's the only way they could keep the current post-ROTJ lore, then I'll reluctantly settle for it. If it was me, I'd follow the basic gist of post-ROTJ lore but keep it in a way that satisfies the audience. The Yuuzhan-Vong can be totally badass villains if they want to. I have one question though, is the initial Star Trek universe still around?(as in the universe where all the other Star Trek series take place). Is material from that universe still being made?

To answer this thread's question:
    • If this movie becomes a teen romance movie in space: Given from what I saw in the cast descriptions, they want to make the cast predominantly teenagers who are mostly quite "fit". If movies taught me anything, if you put a bunch if characters like that together, you will get romance of the "young love teen drama type". Don't get me wrong some romance is good, but only if it's like Han/Leia during The Empire Strikes Back. You know it's there and it's happening but it's not the big focus. I came to see my favourite Space Action/Adventure movie continue to tell its story not "I so in love with *insert name here*"
    • Stemming of my last point, if the female lead is annoying to watch, for example she says stuff like "Do you think I'm pretty enough for *insert generic male name here*"
    • If the female lead is not named "Jaina Solo" nor does not embody any of the trademark qualities and traits, and most importantly not a badass Jedi Warrior girl. If you want an idea for what I think are qualities that best embodies a likeable young female lead, it would be Charlie Matheson from this show called "Revolution"(watch it, it's good trust me)
    • If the female lead is Luke's "daughter". I'm sorry but Luke's only child is a son named Ben.
    • If they do bring back Vader and Palpatine.

10. Slash78

Slash78 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2004
    So when was it established Jaina was a badass? She's just the "Solo Twin that doesn't whine as much as flights fighters".

11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    She's a badass pilot, I don't know about badass in other areas.

12. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Yeah, she flies pretty and good and is...not dead? I guess not being dead makes her slightly more badass than the other two kids.

13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    She has terrible taste in men though.

14. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    A non-Sith darksider being called a Sith based on a misconception that all darksiders are Sith.

15. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Yes. More of it, in pure numbers, than material from the reboot universe.

darklordoftech likes this.
  16. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    I don't see how two teen girls makes the cast "predominantly teenagers". Two teens--LATE teens, which--if you'll recall--is technically what Luke & Leia were in the very first movie (Topps trading cards at the time had 'em at 18 & 19 respectively; now, post-2005, we know they're about 19 with the way the timeline works out--that is still "late teens"). One early-20s guy, one late-20s guy. Not teens. And I don't see this becoming "Star Wars, Episode VII: Twilight" or "Star Wars, Episode VII: High School Musical" (or any other Disney teen title you could throw in there).

I doubt a female lead in a Star Wars movie would ever utter a line like "Do you think I'm pretty enough" unless it was while seducing/flirting with the romantic interest (think of it being said like Han's "I'm a nice man" line), but definitely not "do you think I'm pretty enough for so-and-so"

If the female lead's not named Jaina Solo, well... that'll suck. But not enough to quit the movie. If she's not badass Jedi Warrior girl, I would assume it's because she's not a full Jedi yet, for whatever reason.

If the female lead is Luke's daughter, GREAT! If there's no "Ben Skywalker", I'll be a little sad, but if there's a daughter? I'll be thrilled just because Luke HAS A KID and George's ideas of Luke leaving all the 'legacy/family' stuff to Leia are out the window.

If they bring back Vader & Palpatine, I'll probably race you to the exit. ;)

17. Ganger

Dec 9, 1999

Why would that be so terrible??? I really don't understand. I hope this film strays as much as possible from EU.

darklordoftech and Vthuil like this.
  18. Toonimator

Aug 16, 2006
    ...because it'd be nice to get a nod from them that they recognize that thousands of fans have enjoyed the EU as the official post-ROTJ future for two decades and kept coming back for more. Having one of the next gen kids be named after an EU next gen kid would be a great nod. A sign that our patronage meant something besides just dollars in Lucas' pocket.

Also, it would--from a certain point of view--be killing off the last remaining Solo kid. Of course it all depends on whether either of the two female leads in that list is a Solo as well... one or both could be Skywalkers, Calrissians, Antilles, Darklighters, etc.

19. Ganger

Dec 9, 1999
    I don't think the EU needs validation from the films. It can be valid on its own terms, but they will never be canon and that has been known for ever. Nobody's going to tell me Chewbacca is dead unless I see it onscreen of course. To say that not giving it a nod would suck is a stretch. We should all be excited that this is a new story with old and new characters.

And OF COURSE it's all mostly dollars in Lucas' pockes in the same way Star Wars Angry Birds is.

20. Toonimator

Aug 16, 2006
    Known by whom? George? He gave us Jar Jar. Obviously he was slipping. When I started reading Heir to the Empire in '91, far as I knew that was legit. That was "what happened 5 years after ROTJ", officially and everything, and it was pretty much presented as such.

21. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Movies without EU and Movies + EU are equally canon.

22. Slash78

Slash78 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2004

Probably got that from her maternal grandmother.

Toonimator likes this.
  23. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Guys? Wrong thread.

24. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    Stay on Target, Stay on Target!!! :cool:

kainee and darklordoftech like this.
  25. agentkrycek

agentkrycek Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 4, 2012
    Couldn't agree more. My preference is she dies peacefully of old age - off screen sometime between Episodes 9 and 10.

Jabari likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.