main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Right, so he should be the most discussed candidate here in the villians thread.

2. Darth Archimage

Darth Archimage Jedi Master star 3

May 28, 2013
    I couldn't remember which thread was which, I probably watch the two threads more than any other.
    I'm happy they are now combined.

eht13 likes this.
  3. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    No! Now I don't wanna talk about Plagueis!

[face_not_talking]

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  4. I_Love_Scotch

I_Love_Scotch Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 2, 2013
    It would make the most sense to concede that he did indeed die, but was able to achieve a level of manipulation of his spirit to where he was aware of everything, then possibly some events in Episode 7 lead to him becoming of the flesh again. As in, he had no control over when he would reappear.

TheManFromMortis likes this.
  5. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    As I've said before, Plagueis being the villain is by far the most logical choice. Therefore it probably won't happen. :(

6. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    The most logical of the ones that already exist, yes.

7. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    Plus, I'm pretty sure the redeemed Anakin would have warned Luke at the ending of RotJ that he had a secret apprentice running around out there. Heck, he wouldn't even have to warn him at the end of the movie, he could have told him later on as a Force ghost.

Immortiss and darklordoftech like this.
  8. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Plus I don't think a Secret Apprentice would wait several decades to get revenge.

darklordoftech and Toonimator like this.
  9. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    How about one that was carbon frozen?

10. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Meh. That could work but been used already. Han in ESB, Anakin, Ashoka, Obi-Wan and the Clones in the Citadel arc, the Jedi and whoever else in FOTJ so no.

11. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    He was possibly severely injured when Vader discarded him and had to heal for all these years (therefore, Vader would mistakenly assume he was dead and not warn Luke about him).

There's no way around explaining "what a villain did for decades" if it is supposed to be a villain with ties to the known Star Wars past. You'd need to explain what Plagueis did as well.

12. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    That would actually work for Plagueis too - "He was possibly severely injured when Sidious discarded him and had to heal for all these years" (therefore, Sidious would mistakenly assume he was dead and not warn anyone about him).

Hell, even in the book he hides and heals for 10 years. And, after being "killed" with a massive dose of the dark side, maybe healing for 30 years isn't that much of a stretch?

13. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    More like healing for 60-70 years.

But yes, most explanations work for Plagueis as well (except for the Carbonide).

14. StoneRiver

Oct 6, 2004
    you are indeed correct, it would be a fair bit longer than 30 years - my bad

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  15. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    In the case of Plagueis, the whole idea would be that he was in a state of death (for lack of a better term), knowing that he had a way of returning, in order to escape the Chosen One prophecy. Plagueis would have a motive for being out of the limelight during the era of Episodes I-VI, because he perhaps saw what was going to happen when Anakin came onto the scene, so decided to get the heck out of dodge by letting Sidious "kill" him. This could all be easily covered with some expository dialogue with Plagueis himself. The only question would be when his resurrection occured. If he is indeed the villain of the ST, did he revive as soon as the Chosen One was dead (and has been waiting in the shadows, building up forces for a surprise attack), or sometime after, perhaps in Episode VII itself?

16. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    That explanation sounds like he was afraid of Vader and Palps. Not the best method to make your villain seem threatening, imo.

17. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Sort of like Lestat, eh?

18. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Well if your opposition is going to kill you, why stick around? Why not lure them into a false sense of security that the Sith threat was over and then have Plagueis come back?

19. StoneRiver

Oct 6, 2004

I suppose the comparison is there...

If (and that's a big IF) he turns out to be the main protagonist, I prefer the view he's been healing and training new apprentices (yes, plural - see my other posts ;)). 30 years of healing and planning, followed by 30 years of training his new force adept team? Not that he's scared of Sidious or Vader (It would be foolhardy for just one Sith to go against the entire Empire. This is the same group that wiped out the entire Jedi order, remember).

Really though, I think the key word here is... IF.

20. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

Hadn't considered that as a possibility. Perhaps his spirit could appear to a susceptible Jedi and that Jedi then, whether knowingly or unwittingly, provides some sort of mechanism by which Plagueis can assume a physical form.

21. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    *shrug*
    Hiding for sixty years seems boring. But maybe he used the time for research? I guess it's possible.

22. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    He could have been helping the Rebellion.

23. StoneRiver

Oct 6, 2004

Providing the Rebellion with much needed finances ;)

darklordoftech likes this.
  24. Darth Archimage

Darth Archimage Jedi Master star 3

May 28, 2013
    Could the next bad guy be a creation of Plagueis?

When Palpatine is telling Anakin The tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise, he starts by saying "...he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life".
    My question is, wasn't it actually the Force itself that created Anakin? Could Palpatine be referring to another life or lives, or is this just a technicality?

If we're looking at EP-7 starting 30-40 years after RotJ, that would make the casting call for someone 70-ish, a prime canidate for a life Plagueis could have created. Correct?

Dra---, Circular_Logic and eht13 like this.
  25. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    Possible... and that life may not technically be "Sith", either, even if he does have Force powers, so the PT's prophecy might still work. A better idea than the baddie being Plagueis himself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.