main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The pro-resurrection thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by darklordoftech, Jun 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    This is a thread for those are ok with and/or like ressurections. For example, if the Sith are going to stay around in the ST, I think a Palpatine ressurection would make perfect sense.

2. Jeff Zach

Jeff Zach Jedi Padawan star 3

Jun 7, 2013
    Pretty much counting on this idea for Han, Leia, Luke, Chewie, Lando, R2, 3PO to throw back in the face of all the fans who do not mind seeing them get killed off in the ST.

Anakin, in the PT, sought the power to bring people back from the dead. So maybe Luke Skywalker will finally achieve that level through the Force, and serve as a beacon of hope to silence any and all attempts at killing the OT characters.

Emperor Palpatine being resurrected would be a most welcome addition to the ST, but with George Lucas so adamant on the idea of the Emperor's death...not so sure it is even possible.

The incorporation of resurrecting characters could also broaden the story to be had in Episode 7, creating an opportunity to bring back fan-favorite personalities such as Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Anakin, Yoda, etc.

A truly entertaining notion...

darklordoftech likes this.
  3. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    The "Emperor doesn't get cloned" comment was referring to a six-part Saga. In fact, Veitch claims that GL is the one who suggested Palpatine's role in Dark Empire.

4. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    The problem I have is more with the term "resurrection".

To me, a resurrection would be something you did to bring back character who really has no place in the story moving forward, but is being brought back just for the sake of it, or because there is no other way to move forward without them.

There are openings in the story to move forward without "resurrections".

That being said, there is a difference between "resurrection" and returning from the netherworld of The Force.

benknobi1 likes this.
  5. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Admiral Piett could be brought back.

His death was essentially identical to the "death" of Admiral Trench in TCW: Cat and Mouse. And we know he survived that, since he is back in the Season 6 / Bonus Material of TCW.

Well, I guess they are different in that the Invincible didn't plunge into a deathstar within 20 seconds of having its bridge taken out. Executor did do that. But hey, there's always escape pods.

6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    darklordoftech: Would you like an edit in the title? Not sure if that was deliberate or not, but I can correct it if you want.

benknobi1 likes this.
  7. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    It wasn't deliberate. Go ahead and thanks for editing.

8. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
  9. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002

Quoted for brilliance/my thoughts exactly. :p
    -----------
    I might be a little goofy, but I like mid-life or just after you die resurrection where you go back in time and have a second chance to fix things, especially if they go horribly wrong the first time.
    ---------
    As for that which concerns the Sith from Episode 7 on, having read some EU stuff and/or fan fiction, I wouldn't mind a scenario where Sidious' spirit survives, too strong to fully die yet .... BUT, while that would be ok/somewhat believable, it would undermine the arc from I-VI, and it would take away from all that the heroes overcame and fought for.
    -------
    Now it is the time for new heroes and villains, a new beginning ! The story has come full circle and must begin anew. That is the cycle of life.
    ------
    Further, you could have a Jedi, perhaps even a son or daughter of skywalker turn to the darkside and become even more evil than Sidious ever was. Better yet would be if no one knew who the sith was until it was too late....again... I don't know.... the writers have a plethora of options without needing to bring back Sidious in order to have an amazing story.

10. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    ANYTHING BUT THAT!!!!!!!!!!!! That is NOT new at all!!!!!!! (and don't forget this thread's title).

11. benknobi1

Jun 12, 2002
    Umm, that would be new since neither skywalker has had any babies yet... and I am ok with/like resurrections.

12. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    But we've already seen fallen Jedi, we've already seen evil Skywalkers, and we've already seen Sith. Any of that stuff would undermine the heroes' efforts just as much as ressurected Sidious. In fact, they would undermine Anakin's sacrifice moreso than ressurected Sidious.

13. benknobi1

Jun 12, 2002
    How exactly would fallen Jedi, evil Skywalkers, Sith, undermine the heroes' efforts? The heroes (Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie, Lando, Wedge, Ackbar, MonMothma, etc) succeeded at what they set out to accomplish, Sidious fell, and good triumphed over evil. But that doesn't mean that there will not be more threats to the Jedi and to democracy. Jed aren't perfect, they make mistakes and sometimes they even fall to the dark side, some children end up hating their parents, and for the universe of star wars to maintain balance there must always be Jedi and Sith, light and dark.

14. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    1. The heroes set out to bring down the Sith and redeem their family.
    2. Light and Dark != Jedi and Sith. I absolutely would hate it if a non-Sith darksider is called a Sith based on a misconception that all darksiders are Sith.

15. benknobi1

Jun 12, 2002
    Well yes, there are those who use the dark side that are not Sith, obviously.

Moving back to your first point, yes, that is what they did, but they aren't naive enough to think that they will be able to live problem free lives thereafter. If anything, there will be an even greater strain placed upon them because of what they did since now they will be called upon again and again to solve the new republic's problems be they sith, planets, politicians, you name it.

16. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    The Sith have been attacking the Republic, enjoying wild success for a while, and then getting their behind kicked, over and over again for millenia. It's a recurring pattern. Every time the Sith got stomped down, they eventually appeared again.

To think that the deaths of Vader and Palpatine means the ultimate final end of the Sith, is folly.

17. benknobi1

Jun 12, 2002
    Right, except that with Sidious you had a prolonged 'golden age' of sithdom so it is a major victory for the jedi, but yeah *laughs evilly* not the ultimate end by a long shot :p

18. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    And Luke ain't folly. As long as the Sith survive, so shall Palpatine.

19. benknobi1

Jun 12, 2002
    By the same token you could say that as long as the Jedi survive, so shall Yoda since from the Sith point of view, it was due to Yoda that the Jedi were able to hold power as long as they did in the galaxy's ruling government.

20. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    No way, I hope they leave Palpatine dead and bring back Boba Fett.

21. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    If they bring back Palpatine, we get more Ian McDiarmid. No complaints from me.

darklordoftech and Winston_Sith like this.
  22. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    THIS!

Resurrections are always a bit of a bad idea to me... until someone brings up the idea of Piett as the resurrected. :p

I'm sure there's some way that they could work it out. I personally have a few theories, which are far fetched on occasion but not too over the top.

---

I actually wouldn't mind a Palpatine resurrection as long as it's done right. There's a few things that bug me about the stories that are both fanfic and profic alike.

Most of it is the creativity aspect. Why would it have to be right after the Saga? Why not 1000 years from the BoE? Something else?

It needs to be creative and bring something new to the current GFFA. Otherwise it's just not going to be worth it.

benknobi1 likes this.
  23. Winston_Sith

Winston_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 8, 2004
    I'm all for a cloned Emperor, as long as all his minions aren't bumbling, clueless idiots.

24. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    Count me in on this. I LOVED Dark Empire so much because of this twist and how it affected Luke. If they did something similar for the ST, I would be very happy.

25. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I say Palpatine's spirit survives. There's several ways he could get his body back:
    1. Dark Empire style
    2. A ritual
    3. He can regenerate it.
    4. A minion reconstructs it
    5. The Dark SIde gives him one
    This'll never end.

TX-20 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.