main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Micro-series vs. TCW

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Saga_Symphony, Nov 14, 2012.

?

Which Clone Wars show do you like better?

1. Clone Wars (2003)

115 vote(s)
    35.2%
  2. The Clone Wars (2008)

212 vote(s)
    64.8%
  1. Lord_Stalker

Lord_Stalker Jedi Youngling

Jun 10, 2013
    Just made an account here because I enjoy the discussion here so much. And for my winner : TCW of course. I know it has many flaws and errors (though the Ventress lightsabers error mentioned before is not correct - The one she lost on Teth : With Dooku as her boss how hard would it be to get a new one. The one she dropped in her duel agaisnt Maul and Savage alongside Obi, I suggest watching the episode again and look closely, before she enters the cockpit, she retrieves that one with her left hand.) But overall it's just better. The pointless arcs mentioned above was just a kid friendly stuff which sometimes I hate. The subtlety of this show is just a mess because I can always guess who's the traitor everytime they had a plot twist (excluding Lolo Purs). But all the stuff the show has done made their errors irrelevant. I love all the episodes with clones, they were all superbly done. The details and graphic keeps getting better and better, especially when considering the Plo Koon's Discovery trailer. The plot and storylines were nice. Anakin's actor, Matt Lanter, is the BEST Anakin ever (excluding Steban Shaw as Vader). The character development are good. Don't get me wrong, I like the micro-series except the Overpowerness of characters. Still, TCW is superior in every way (maybe except it's Continuity errors).

Vizzy91 and VanishingReality like this.
  2. man of steel

man of steel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2013
    yeah the lucas version respected the saga not pervert it with samurai action sequences that made no sense and dont get me started with its run time my god i could miss it if i go to the freaking bathroom

Vizzy91 and cwustudent like this.
  3. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    A two-hour long potty breaK? Eek..

I dunno, I think I'd rather watch samurai action (cause Jedi are so obviously nothing like Samurai lolz) than stuff like a 14 year-old Padawan escaping Grievous without a scratch..

JackG, Draconarius, Heero_Yuy and 2 others like this.
  4. Lord_Stalker

Jun 10, 2013
    Depends on your opinion. I just don't like the overpowerness of Grievous in the micro-series. And everytime a Jedi can't escape from him is just because he has a bunch of clankers surrounding.

5. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Micro-series: I appreciate that the chapters were edited together like a movie. I don't like the structure of the stories. The placement of Kit Fisto's battle bugs me, as does Ventress meeting Dooku. But yeah, I get it, they were 5 min cartoons. I like Ventress' introduction and role in the story. Also, I like her ambiguous defeat, like Catwoman-meets-SW.

TCW: Same problem. The 2008 film was a great accomplishment. Considering what the creators are capable of now, I'd prefer to see the movie returned to the original four episodes. In the 22 min format, a lot of fat could be trimmed, making a much more enjoyable experience. Although, I will commend the writer(s) for integrating the stories. I think Ahsoka's introduction felt natural. If they went with flashbacks, it wouldn't be SW.

AusStig likes this.
  6. Saga_Symphony

Oct 30, 2010
    You're saying you don't like micro-Grievous or TCW-Grievous? If I remember correctly in Ahsoka's case, she escaped because Grievous was conveniently distracted. Then he just.. watched her go, tried stabbing her through the vents (which she dodged) and I think the scene just ended and Ahsoka later met up with Anakin, acting like it was nothing. Of course it's been a while since I've seen that episode so maybe I'm missing something.

7. Lord_Stalker

Jun 10, 2013
    Grievous is one of my favorite villains of course. But I don't like his 2003 version. I love his awesomeness in the micro series, but his jumping, fast even without spider walking, and swing lightsabers too much with two hands on Hypori without splitting to four is overkill. And where the hell did all the Jedi's force feats go when they face him. Windu ridiculously unscrew the droids on Dantooine, why don't he do the same to Grievous? His voice in the micro series is just wierd too.

Vizzy91 and cwustudent like this.
  8. Saga_Symphony

Oct 30, 2010
    I think the Force was with Mace when he choked Grievous and ruined his throat.. which is probably why his voice was "weird". Just a thought. :b

VanishingReality likes this.
  9. Delta289

Delta289 Jedi Youngling

Jun 9, 2013
  10. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
  11. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Personally, I preferred an, "overpowered," Grievous if it means we get a foe who's actually compitent against our heroes. As opposed to Lucas' version who is an embarrassing coward who gets beaten by Gungans. Lucas totally got Grievous wrong in ROTS and TCW.

12. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    I prefer TCW. TCW finally gave us the Good man who was Obi-wans friend. The Mircoseries gave us more of whiny Anakin from AOTC.

Vizzy91 and AshiusX like this.
  13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    It did? Damn, I don't remember that at all.

AusStig and CT-867-5309 like this.
  14. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Good Man I am seem to remember Anakin being prone to bouts of violence quite often.

15. Saga_Symphony

Oct 30, 2010
    Unlike Anakin in TCW.

ON YOUR KNEEZ!!!!!

16. DatPadawan

DatPadawan Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 17, 2013
    Penguins of Madagascar won 10 Emmys. Penguins of Madagascar is therefore better than all Star Wars productions combined.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  17. Mange

Mange Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2003
    While I think CW overall had better story lines, it was marred by that awful animation and somewhat cartoonish [sic!] style. TCW took a while to get used to but as the CG animation improved, it was easier to overlook some of its minor flaws. I have to go with TCW.

18. Saga_Symphony

Oct 30, 2010
    I think the micro-series style and animation was waaaaaaay better. TCW even ripped it off some.

19. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    By that logic, CW ripped off the saga.

20. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012

I did not say that. The LOTR trilogy won a dozen oscars, the SW movies almost none - LOTR is not even 1/10th of the awesome Star Wars is. ;)

You want me to say that awards mean nothing if SW is concerned?!

21. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Which is well deserved, cause the LOTR were amazing movies but SW should have won 1 Oscar at least

Debatable

22. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    The point about all LOTR movies being amazing is debatable. The Two Towers is a masterpiece, but the last one was not good and was clunky. The new movies are even slower and worse. But that is not the point of the thread... just wanted to get that over to you. ;)

But it is a not easy question when it comes to SW and TCW.

23. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Let's not turn this into a debate, there is already a thread on this :p ROTK was amazing, especially the Extended Edition, best film of the Trilogy :p

But anyways

TCW was more realistic and had better animation than the crap that was the Micro-Series

Lord_Stalker likes this.
  24. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Personally I think the awards are political.

TCW had better animation but the micro series wasn't "crap".

25. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    In my opinion it was.