main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I Bought Them All - the Figures, the Ships, even the LEGO! (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Sep 8, 2012.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, I have a subscription. So if it shuts down I should get an email or letter if I have credit remaining.

2. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    Loose vintage Yoda and cloth cape Jawa on their way.

whostheBossk and JUKE-SKYWALKER like this.
  3. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    An Angry Birds Star Wars "These are not the Birds you are looking for" poster.

4. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Just happen to stumble upon a neighborhood yard sale and picked up Naboo Royal starship for $20! Going back tomorrow to see more.

5. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    You lucky duck! Man shipping on ebay alone would cost you that for that item! Congrats!

whostheBossk likes this.
  6. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I scouted a few local yard sales last morning and found nothing. Did manage to get a litterbox, but didn't find any decent SW stuff. :(

7. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    After all of this yard sale talk I soooo wanted to hit up the circuit Saturday but I had to work :( (Dumb 'ol work).

8. JediMasterKeno

JediMasterKeno Jedi Grand Master star 1

Apr 22, 2000
    Bough off of amazon an emperor Palpatine figure of the legacy collection. Needed it since it has the torso of u3po. But I don't know if it's the right color though until I find out when it comes in the mail

9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Picked up Jason Fry's SW Clone Wars Episode Guide in a local bookstore this morning.

whostheBossk likes this.
  10. Grievousdude

Jan 27, 2013
    Mum went to a charity shop today while I was at school so I came home to a nice suprise: The Kathol Rift Gamebook and The limited first editon of The Making of The Phantom Menace! Going to have to look in charity shops more often now.

TrakNar likes this.
  11. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Postman brought issues 3 & 4 of the new Star Wars Fact Files today along with the index cards for the binders.

12. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    Boba Fett Return of the Jedi ArtFX statue from Kotobukiya! :D

LAJ_FETT and PadmeLeiaJaina like this.
  13. JediMasterKeno

JediMasterKeno Jedi Grand Master star 1

Apr 22, 2000
    Ive been getting an interest in buying the old animated Clone Wars figures from a few years back based on the old original Clone Wars cartoon show that was like 2 to 3 minutes long each episode. The only figures that are still great looking are one horned Saesee, Durge, Mace and the Phase I clone trooper thats poseable.

Then there's some realistic figures of the Clone Wars from the Legacy Collection like the Quarren warrior and others.

Then the new Fordo figure from the Vintage Collection recently this year.

14. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    I didn't go for any "animated figures". But that line seems to always do ok.

Picked up Hasbro Rebel Blockade Runner and another scout trooper, Anakin Skywalker (last 17), and Time Star Wars magazine from 1997 for Special Edition releases. Really like reading older Star Wars Spoiler magazines.

15. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I've got a few of the old animated CW figures - mostly troopers and Asajj.

16. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Postman brought Insider #142 today. Also included were two SW Jedi Legacy Trading Cards (one Luke with lightsaber, one Anakin vs Dooku from RoTS).

17. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Picked a great deal on ebay....the 1977 figure stand with card back of X-Wing and Tie Fighter, really nice for less than $40! I was only bidder for some reason until last minute someone bid $1 less than my high bid, crazy!
    Also got 1977 People Magazine with C3PO on front, Klaatu and B-wing pilot on cards in ok condition, Official magazine of Nov. 1977 with Stormtrooper on front, IG 88 Concept that I've always wanted but had to settle for him loose (still remember passing him up at Target one day..doohh) Vintage Death Star trooper, Dewback in box, and Rancor w/out box!
    Been busy on this spree of getting deals, but funds are low and looks like the exciting end to my run is about over! Spending time going over what I can sell now to get some cash.

This time of yard sales and good deals is killin me!

18. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Sheesh you're going to town on finding cool vintage stuff! It's a good time to pick up stuff on ebay. This year is the year before the storm. Once Ep 7 goes into production I'm guessing SW merch will get hot again and then will be on fire in 2015. So if you want stuff - now's the time to pick it up.

whostheBossk and TrakNar like this.
  19. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I'd better nab those Bust-Ups, then. Before the price gets to be ridiculous. I like getting stuff for cheap.

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  20. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Yeah there's a handful of Sideshow 1/6 scale figures that I really want who've suddenly jumped in price, I need to get on the hunt for those before they climb out of my reach too.

Oh and speaking of new goodies -

Last week I had a Hasbro Endor Han Solo 12" figure show up - he's not as homely as I thought he would be.

Yesterday my Japanese Pepsi Twist Sound Big Cap set w/ R2-D2 & C-3PO arrived. I'll work on getting picks of them up later. There were 8 of them - I'm now down to only needing 3 sets! (They're some of my holy grails.)

21. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    Hondo Ohnaka, Ephant Mon and Max Rebo wih Dodo Bodonawieedo figures.

22. Grievousdude

Jan 27, 2013
    X-Wing: Starfighters of Adumar

23. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Postman brought the Summer 2013 issue of the UK Clone Wars Comic magazine (with a free inflatable Yoda attached) and an Amazon UK order containing the SW Wild Space Omnibus #1.

24. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Picked up the Mercy Kill paperback at Barnes and Noble. They also had a discount rack with these SW stuffed toys, from Yoda and Vader to Chewie and Artoo. I was very tempted to get one, but ultimately decided against it.

25. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, I've seen those stuffed toys at a discount place in town as well. Looked for a Fett but there wasn't one. I'd have bought it if there was.

whostheBossk likes this.