main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Got a question? Ask it here!

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by DarthBoba, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Quite a bit later, as I recall.

Early on, he was saying things like "Star Wars is a huge universe- there's plenty of room for other people to tell their stories within it".

He played a part in HttE's writing as well- nixing ideas he didn't like (such as the mad Jedi Master being an Obi-Wan clone) but agreeing to other ideas.

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  2. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Iirc early 2000s.

3. Chainmail_Jedi

Chainmail_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 26, 2013
    Thanks. Yeah, I knew he used to be involved in the EU a bit more, I heard about cutting the Obi-Wan clone, and I heard somewhere that he suggested for Dark Empire to use Palp clones instead of a Vader Clone.

Seems odd that he would say he doesn't get involved with the "Alternate" universe when he directly influences them.

4. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    I just assume he means he doesn't directly dictate everything about it-I do think a fair number of EU things (like Jedi still getting married in post-ROTJ EU after AOTC came out) are probably either directed or condoned by him, though. You don't have fifty-odd married/in relationships major Jedi characters after a film comes out showing that at one point they weren't and have it just be an oversight :p

5. Chainmail_Jedi

Chainmail_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 26, 2013
    liked for this little bit.

darthbarracuda likes this.
  6. johnrain39

johnrain39 Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 30, 2012
  7. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Hermi Odle

8. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Why does Uncle Owen and Obi-Wan's robes look like Jedi wardrobes? Or why do Jedi wear tunics that look like they lived on tattooine? Is this universal male humanoid fashion?

9. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I would assume so. Lucas's ideas for Jedi attire have changed a lot over the years though.

10. Scummy_and_Villainous

Scummy_and_Villainous Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2013
    The price on Solo's head, how much was it? How much was Boba Fett payed to retrieve Jabba's most prized decoration?

11. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    The movies don't tell us. The EU might, though, I'm not sure.

12. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    What was the point of the Dianoga? Fake scares have always been used in movies, but that monster was actually a legitimate threat... if only it didn't disappear a few minutes later. It seemed kinda pointless that the monster just left on its own accord.

13. Jae-Dec

Jae-Dec Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2013
    Right before Luke was released from the Dianoga, there are three bangs that reverberate through the garbage chamber. Seconds afterward the Dianoga let's Luke go and disappears. I always figured those three bangs were the first indications that the compactor had been engaged and the Dianoga knew it and was running for cover.

JediWheelz, eht13 and SlashMan like this.
  14. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    I've never picked up on that before, but I believe you're right. It's a subtle detail that warns the viewer about the dangers to come.

eht13 likes this.
  15. The Laserbrain

The Laserbrain Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2013
    What is Lando saying at the end of this sentence? I could never decipher the words.

"We've gotta be able to get some kind of reading on that shield [something something something]."

16. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    "We've gotta be able to get some kind of reading on that shield, up or down."

17. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Where can we talk about the Order 66 survivors that was just posted on TFN news?! I would like to start a thread similiar to the one that stood for years on the Prequels page.
    thanks

18. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Literature would probably be best bet- since most of those are written about in one or the other book or computer game source.

19. StarWars2015

StarWars2015 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2012
    Why do Stormtroopers even brother to wear their singular White Armor if it does not protect them form Laser Blast to some degree. ???

Thoughout the OT, we see Leia, Han, and other Rebels blast many Stormtroopers and take them down with one shot and sometimes the shot is not even well placed...(with the exception of Han Solos pinpoint precision targeting)

It also seems like the Stormtoopers armor does not add anything to Agility, or reflexs and actually takes away in the safety department because it is not clear if it adds anything to awareness or vision and seems like it does not. Also and most important, the Protective value of the Armor is not very good at all being that all it takes is one Laser Blast to take a Trooper down...........

We do know that anyone wearing this Armor should understand that it is not Laser proof in the least...

20. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Something I've wondered for a long time -

Provided the Boba =/= Boba in ROTJ theory is incorrect, why was his scream not redone by Temuera Morrison at any point? I recall reading that Morrison even offered too, but was denied. Honestly, how tough would it have been to ask the man to scream into a phone and insert that into the film? The scream Boba makes when he dies makes me cringe every time...

21. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Because armour doesn't need to protect one completely to be useful. Mitigating the damage of a hit, especially a glancing hit, works.

Blasters are also not the only weapon around- there's grenades, slugthrowers, and so forth.

22. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Good question lol. FWIW, I don't really like Temuera's delivery of his TESB lines-they've got the emphasis in all the wrong places; maybe they decided simply not to do the same for ROTJ because of that.

23. StarWars2015

StarWars2015 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2012
    Ok, If Armor doesn't need to protect one, then "Why Wear it", Does it have a cooling system ??? or do the Stormtroopers sweat their collective butts off in it ??

I would think the purpose of any Armor is added protection, but if you are right, that is not the case for Stormtroopers, so Why do they wear it ??? For Style points ????

24. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Rule of cool.

25. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    When I was a kid I didn't think of it as armor, but an uniform. Does still seam kinda plausible. The armor doesn't do anything as you say, just looks dangerous.