main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters The Skywalker-Jade Revival Society Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Luke_Mara_Index, Dec 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    In my fanfic, I made the jedi, independent of The new Republic

2. Stone Jade

Stone Jade Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 27, 2013
    Can't disagree with that.

Most of the L/M interactions in Rebirth are pretty solid, so there are some options there. Of course, we're suggesting all of this without knowing exactly what J_L actually has in mind...

Also, the tattoo thing...

After thinking about it, "Hand Mara" and "Smuggler Mara" wouldn't have gotten tattoos, in my opinion. Too distinguishing in the former case, as mavjade said. In the latter, I think something like that would have been too personal. She would have had to have known who she wanted to be and what she wanted out of life, and I don't think she really did during most of her time with Karrde.

"Jedi Mara", if she were going to get a tattoo, would probably get something small, discrete, and intimate (read: something only Luke would see). You could go with a velanie flower, although it could conceivably be something different/original. I have to say, though, that I'm still not sure it would be in her nature to do something like a tattoo at any point in her life, from my point of view.

3. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

4. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I was thinking about this. I know when I was a kid my best friend told me never to get tattoos because it was an easy way for cops to identify you. I think I will forgo the tattoo for that reason. If you are trying to fly under the radar as a smuggler then don't have something etched on your body that can identify you. I only needed a distinguishing mark for some plot point. It could be a scar or birthmark. I'm going with scar.

I am going to check out Rebirth. Thanks guys.[:D]

5. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Rebirth probably has the most family moments for LM. I've flipped through it and read all the LM parts ;)

Edit, also, I can never seen Mara as the Hand getting a tattoo. I think she might get one as a smuggler though, something small and personal. But I really looking at it, I don't think she'd be the type to get a tattoo... Not while sober anyways.

6. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Hey guys!

I need some help. My muse has decided to (finally) strike me with some inspiration (even though I really need to finish up my rewrite before I start), but I'm a bit unsure how to execute it. The basic idea is that 'Canon' Luke trades places with an (extreme) AU Luke. I want to tell both Lukes stories without confusing the hell out of the reader. Anyone have any ideas.

7. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    What AU Luke are we talking about? Also, knowing how profic Luke is all over the place...how would we know which Luke you are describing. [face_laugh] That is a good idea though. I would like to see DE Luke switched with COTJ Luke.

8. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    or brian wood's fighter ace with married luke

9. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Lol. I don't want to give much away, but it's an AU Luke that I've thought about writing but I've never gotten around to doing so. But I may just plop our 'canon' Luke into this crazy AU and not tell the reader what the AU Luke did in canon. But that might be really confusing. Grrr. MUSE! Why don't you think of simple stories!

10. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    it sounds like it will be a great read

11. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Hmm. What if I used italics, or a different size and font for each universe?

12. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    as long as it's legible

13. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Different color text or locations? Using my example of DE and COTJ Luke...you can describe how the hell the twitch happened. Then maybe use different colors for the text...like black and dark blue. If the two Luke's are in different locations that would be easier to keep track of. For example, COTJ wussy Luke is now on Byss walking around confused and all emo and DE Luke is on the Eye of Palpatine Force choking Gamorreans.

Damn that would be a good crackfic. [face_laugh] I should write that.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  14. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I like the dark blue/black suggestion. I think once I get the first chapter written, I'll play around with the different text options we now have. There's nothing, iirc, in the ToS or fanfic rules that state we can't use colour font.

Lol. I hated DE Luke, but I'd read him on the Eye of Palpatine. I say do it! :p

Jade_eyes likes this.
  15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Bri, cool stuff, =D= I like JL's idea a lot. I'd read that with that particular switch. Maybe DE Luke wouldn't feel even a twinge for Callista. :p [face_laugh] ... The AU Luke should help bring L/M together sooner too. :D I'll be watching for the first chapter. What's the title? [:D]

16. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    He would probably tell her to stop whining on and on about the oceans of Chad. He then would get into a shuttle, blow up the spacestation with his mind before he goes see Mara and says to her, "I like your leather body suit Mara, but you know what would look better on you? Me!"

Jade_eyes likes this.
  17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Yes, JL, I'm lovin' it! [face_batting] [face_laugh]

18. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    JL, you have to write it now.

JE, it has yet to have a title. I probably should stop procrastinating and finish my re-write first (lol. We all know that's not going to happen). But neither Luke will bring the other LM together, but that does give me a plot bunny: Luke goes back in time, gets that Luke and Mara together, thus creating an alternate reality :p

Jade_eyes likes this.
  19. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    so they switch places or something? Or the one Luke finds his way into the other setting?

Btw, I need an opinion....does anyone think a 12 year old Mara would have had freckles? This is a 'not corrupted by Palpatine' Mara.

20. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    How about Luke and Mara go through some wormhole and end up on Coruscant. Nothing seems different and they have no idea anything happened to them. Luke goes off to the academy while Mara goes to their apartment. When Mara gets to the apartment surprisingly Luke is there, so they decide to make out. Luke goes to the temple and surprisingly finds Mara so they decide to go back to the apartment. But when they get there they find another Mara and Luke making out and then they realize they are with the wrong partner. lol! Awkward.

Jedi_Liz I think Mara would have freckles as a kid, but just a sprinkle.

Jade_eyes and alex feola like this.
  21. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    JL, lol, that would be awkward.

Jedi_Liz they will swap places. I outlined the first two chapters last night. It won't be a terribly long fic, 4 or 5 chapters probably, but I'm really excited to start.

I think young Mara would have a ton of freckles as a kid. I think some profic described her as having a sprinkle of freckles as an adult, but don't quote me on that. My mother has the red hair/green eyes/fair skin. My sister and I found her fourth grade class picture and there was no question of which one was our mother. It was like Anne of Green Gables meets a spotted leopard.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  22. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    It sounds like my husband. He showed me his fifth grade photo and I thought I would die laughing. He looked like a young version of Napoleon Dynamite. Fortunately my kids have my completion with dark hair and eyes.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  23. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    okay, you confirmed it....Mara would probably have a small sprinkling of freckles. :p;)

24. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    According to Wook, Mara as an adult has freckles, yet non of the official pictures I've seen of her have had freckles. It's rather odd.

So, you know that feeling when you finish a fic (or rewrite in this case) and you just don't know what to start next? Maybe it's just me because I have so many ideas, yet I like to have only one fic going at a time (if I can help it, sometimes it's hard with long term challenges like DDC). I like my 2 universe idea, but I know how it will start and end, but I have no idea how to get from A to B, and I may just cut out the whole second Luke story. I'm just being indecisive.

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Briannakin, I just had a brainstorm [face_dancing] Maybe you could sorta cut it out but not really. Do like ginchy did with Echoes and 200 Proposals. Give us both stories, one at a time. [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.