main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Complete Season Five DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Orrelios, Apr 12, 2013.

1. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    IIRC, Eminence and The Lawless are getting several minutes of additional footage, along with a few short extensions in a few other episodes.

Not to mention the Blu Rays look and sound much, much better than iTunes downloads.

07jonesj and hlc88 like this.
  2. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

Where did you hear about The Lawless getting additional footage? This is the first I've heard of that...

3. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    I think it was either in an interview or in the Google Hangout. I'll see if I can dig it up.

hlc88 likes this.
  4. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    Hmm, I can't seem to find it.. Maybe I was just trying to convince myself. :oops:I could have sworn that I read somewhere that the Maul/Savage v. Sidious fight would be extended. [face_dunno]

Anyways, Eminence is definitely being extended, per the OS.

DavidIX likes this.
  5. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012

Dave Filoni said there were extra scenes, including Anakin and Obi-Wan talking, but he said he didn't think they were animated.

6. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    Right, I know the Anakin and Obi-Wan stuff wasn't, but I could have sworn there was something about the Sidious fight. I'll keep looking..

7. CommanderColt

CommanderColt Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 2, 2013
    For what it's worth I recall some talk about the Sidious fight being edited for time and there being an extended cut, but I don't recall where.

I wonder if Pre Vizla's death scene will be "restored" on the Blu Ray like Ventress' kiss of death was.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  8. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I don't believe that scene was even animated, unlike Ventress' kiss of death. The OS mentions it being cut pretty early in development, I think.

9. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    There are very few completed deleted scenes on the Blu-rays, "Duchess on Mandalore" has some and the Directors Cut/ Extended cuts thing is a joke. However TCW sure looks pretty on Blu-ray so I think its totally worth it. If you don't care about Blu-ray quality the DVDs will be fine.

10. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    For those who missed it, a bit back I had a discussion with Ashley Eckstein at C2E2 in Chicago where she confirmed that the BD for season 5 would come "without a doubt." She didn't seem to have the slightest bit of hesitation in her answer, and she 'does' know about behind the scenes dealings to at least some degree (she reiterated that Filoni was working on a new project 'before' Rebels was announced).

Her lack of hesitation on the answer was my best reassurance on this question. For those who wanna see my full post on events that weekend, check out the main TCW discussion thread. Sadly, she was still unsure if the bonus content, but I believe she implied that she was not in it at all.

She's a doll, BTW. Very kind in person from what I could gather.

11. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    I'd love to see an extended Sidious v Maul.

Are there any extended episodes from series 1 to 4??

12. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Rising Malevolence, Shadow of Malevolence, Rookies, Lair of Grievous and the Ryloth trilogy are all extended by 2-4 minutes.

There are some short scenes from other episodes added, like the kiss of death from ARC Troopers, and a couple of Season 4's episodes are slightly extended, but I believe those seven Season 1 episodes are the only ones with a significant extended cut.

13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    The kiss of death is on my DVD. I never saw that episode live so I had no idea it had been cut until you all brought it up.

14. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Escape from Kadavo has a nice extended conversation between Dooku and Miraj.

15. al patrickson

al patrickson Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2013
    I'm expecting an announcement on the S5 Blu-Ray/DVD release to come on starwars.com either Monday or later in July during Comic-Con or CE2.

16. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    I will be at SDCC this year personally. I originally went 'just' for Star Wars stuff, but it seems like I sadly may not find much. Still, I intend to get every bit of info I can out of both reps and panels. I'll probably even get to talk to Ashley again, though I doubt she'll know much beyond what I've already heard from her. I really hope by some miracle Filoni himself is still there.

17. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    Any updates on this?

Since RebelForce Radio fumbled the ball spectacularly with their post-season interview w/ Filoni, this is my last hope for juicy season 5 tidbits. And the prospect of an extended fight scene for "The Lawless" is most pleasing.

18. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    What happened on RebelForce?

19. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    The majority of it featured Jimmy Mac trying in vain to pump Filoni for information about the bonus content and future material rather than, y'know, talking about the actual episodes.

I was enormously frustrated: Filoni is notorious for not providing spoilers, so Jimmy should have known better than to even try going down that road. Not to mention that the bonus content, Rebels, etc. are all topics that will be explored ad infinitum later on down the line. This, on the other hand, was really one of the few opportunities to get an in-depth examination of season 5 and they completely botched it.

20. al patrickson

al patrickson Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2013
    Hey, Clone Wars fans. Check out this report I just found: http://www.jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=12606.
    Also, check out the Amazon UK page. It now has the release date of Oct. 14, 2013: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Star-Wars-C...ww.jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=12606.

If my hunch is correct, we may get an announcement tomorrow of the S5 Blu-Ray and Complete Series Boxset release and it may be set for U.S. release on October 15th. I just hope we get the bonus content episodes in the Complete Series Boxset. What do you guys think? Please reply.

CaptainRegor and Sable_Hart like this.
  21. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    Would be great! I'm hoping that the bonus content will be released on blu-ray/dvd, but I think it's more likley it will get a seperate release then being included in season 5.

hlc88 likes this.
  22. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

Excellent! This is good news that a release date has now appeared! It's funny how the UK get it a day earlier then everyone else though! I'm happy with that because the UK is where I live :p

I doubt the bonus content episodes will be in the Complete Series Boxset. Every year they release a series boxset with just the added season in. I've got the Complete Seasons 1,2 and 3 in a boxset. They put the bonus content episodes on that then a lot of fans will be majorly annoyed.

If they ever do a proper release, chronological order then I'm not opposed to the bonus content being included in that set, but in a generic set no thank you.

If Disney are smart they will maximise profit by releasing the bonus content separately first, followed by a complete, chronological order boxset encompassing everything.

23. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    From what I know the problem with Amazon France, it's they launch preorder and usually change the release date later.
    Concerning the UK here's the link : http://www.amazon.co.uk/Star-Wars-Clone-Season-Blu-ray/dp/B00APGRMFK/ref=sr_1_7?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1373815761&sr=1-7&keywords=star wars the clone wars season 5

but actually no release date.

24. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

The release date for season 5 in the UK is further down the page, its under product details. I check that page regularly and that date wasn't there a week ago.

Ani501st likes this.
  25. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    Oh I didn't check at the bottom but if Amazon UK is like Amazon France we should wait for a real announcement from Lucasfilm.