main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT What's your favorite Order 66 scene?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Klingon Padawan, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Michael McKean

Michael McKean Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2013
    I was always intrigued to notice that it seems like the Droids fire on Ki-Adi-Mundi as well as the clones because the sound of a droideka's gunfire can be heard just after Mundi's falls to the ground. Also, if the droids were still attacking the clones and vice versa, then surely the droids would be firing on the clones as they shot at Mundi.

2. Master Fisto

Master Fisto Jedi Knight

Jun 10, 2013
    [​IMG]

This exact moment got to me the most! One of the best scenes but one of the saddest.
    By his facial expressions he knew it was over and what had happened.

3. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    The montage of all the Jedi getting the midi-chlorians beaten out of them was sweet.

4. jnrssa

jnrssa Jedi Padawan

Jan 29, 2013
    what was the whole deal with order 66? were former Jedi who left or got kicked out hunted down? like asoka? palpatine must of known about her, and what about the force younglings around the galaxy?

5. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    They would be hunted down as well, cause they could become a potential threat

6. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Well it's not like the droids and the clones started working together; they still went back to fighting after Mundi's death...I just think it was a matter of convenience; maybe even coordination by Sidious? I mean, with Grievous and Dooku both dead, Sidious probably had highest control over the droids. Just send 'em a quick signal..."kill the Jedi first, if the clones shoot the Jedi still shoot the Jedi first, then the clones."

7. jnrssa

jnrssa Jedi Padawan

Jan 29, 2013
    the rogue jedi yes but the young force kids? they had no way to learn the way of the force/make lightsabres, they coulda been valuable allies

8. Darth Eddie

Darth Eddie Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2013
    You can't have a favorite scene from order 66! That's like having a favorite historic atrocity.

Immortiss and Paparazzo like this.
  9. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    I think that goes without saying...

(see below)

10. Michael McKean

Michael McKean Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2013
    Yeah
    Yeah I think you've got that right. Either way, it wouldn't make much of a difference if the droids allied with the clones or if they kept fighting because the droid army would be decommissioned shortly by Sidious, as he gave the order to Vader (not Anakin at this point) after he had wiped out the Separatist leaders on Mustafar.

11. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    its like she is not dead enough so they just keep shooting.

Paparazzo likes this.
  12. Rachel_In_Red

Rachel_In_Red Jedi Master star 3

May 12, 2013
    There are a few points in the prequel trilogy where the Jedi are a little underwhelming.

And my vote goes to Yoda dropping his cane and then decapitating the troopers. As far as death scenes, K-A-M.

13. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Making sure she can't be resurrected :p

14. Darth_Kiryan

Mar 13, 2009
    she was only mostly dead.....

Paparazzo likes this.
  15. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    You've heard it here first everyone, Aayla Secura is still alive! :p

Paparazzo and Legolas Skywalker like this.
  16. Darth_Kiryan

Mar 13, 2009
    well, she obviously was still alive, that's why they kept shooting her.

it was the only way to be sure.:cool:

17. Master Jedi Macen Arren

Master Jedi Macen Arren Jedi Master star 2

Apr 16, 2013
    I've only just noticed that about Aayla's death scene. They really wanted to make sure she was dead, poor girl.

Paparazzo likes this.
  18. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yeah, I always think it's kind of sick how they just keep shooting at her back like that after she's already down. I honestly didn't mind Ki-Adi's scene, because he always irritated me so much before that point. :p

Yoda sensing what was going on and decapitating two clone troopers like that was definitely impressive, especially given how no other Jedi sensed anything enough to defend themselves.

Paparazzo likes this.
  19. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    its my fave passage of the entire saga... wish it could have been a little longer...infact i just adore the last hour of that film....its almost perfect for me and ties in when obi wan says years later... 'before the dark times......

20. Master Jedi Macen Arren

Master Jedi Macen Arren Jedi Master star 2

Apr 16, 2013
    Yeah it was. I could kind of understand if they wanted to make sure she was dead, But even so it's still pretty heartless.

That scene with Yoda was good, Showed people how much Yoda was in front in respect to the others that he was able to sense it while all the others weren't. Although I'm pretty sure Ki-Adi Mundi sensed something as well, but there was just to many of them.

The one thing I didn't like about Order66 was that little Kid Jedi taking out all those Stormers, I mean really you have Jedi Masters being taken out left, right and center without too much of a fightback because they were surprised and outnumbered and then you've got this little kid taking out a lot.

21. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    Order 66 was brilliantly put together. I think this is the most shocking bit.

[​IMG]

Cryogenic and VanishingReality like this.
  22. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    What's your favorite Order 66 scene?

None of them. They were all cheap deaths and made the Jedi look stupid and weak. Plus, they were all poorly directed, too.

Don't get wrong, I liked the concept of Order 66. I just didn't like how it was executed.

23. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Well, it was George Lucas' son, so of course he was going to get his time to shine. But I agree; that part should've gone to someone like Eeth Koth or Bultar Swan, not a little kid.

24. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    That was Lucas's kid?

25. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Yes, yes it was. Jett Lucas. The character's name was Zett Jukasta (or something like that).