main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    OK, so that sounds like you should be able to see the individual clips / sketches like the ones that are embedded here (those aren't full episodes). Anyway, back on topic. :p

darklordoftech likes this.
  2. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I want to see IG-87 and IG-88!

3. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Hmm I suppose I can how Onderon and Youngling arcs laid the groundwork. Onderon provided a quick look at what is going to be like for out rebels and Younglings provided some characters but I dont think they all survive I could see like have making it the two humans and the wookie.

4. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    Why is it so hard to believe that they'd all make it? Hell, I'm a hack writer, and I could come up with a million perfectly plausible scenarios to facilitate it...

- They're all sent away by a master who has had a premonition (we know there are a few premonitions of the post-TCW era thanks to Krell).
    - They're captured by Hondo again when Order 66 goes down (old friends as they are).
    - They've crashed on an uninhabited planet.

All it really takes is some extenuating circumstances and them being all together (which, as I've already said, is not unlikely, because they were all still together during Anakin's duel with Barriss). You're applying statistics to narrative, and that's simply not how it works. Star Wars focuses on the survivors because they're survivors; their drive to survive is what makes them interesting. You can say you like it, you can say you don't like it, but logic can't be used to deny it.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  5. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    True, but everyone will see it as coincidential and complain about the world being small.

6. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    Well I am not worried about numbers in that way, I am worried about cast bloating. I mean I love Greg but he did not exactly do the best of job juggling a large cast in YJ. But it really depends on how they design the show I suppose a core group leads like TCW or a more Game of Thrones model.

7. Praenomen Cognomen

Mar 24, 2013
    Right. Personally, I hope it is the multi-protagonist format, but on an arc-by-arc (and to a lesser extent, episode-by-episode) basis.

8. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    That could work.

9. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Zuckuss & 4-LOM, plz. They gotta include them.

cwustudent and darklordoftech like this.
  10. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    them too

11. CommanderColt

CommanderColt Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 2, 2013
  12. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    CommanderColt

Reckon they're tryna tell us something? Or hint-drop at any rate...

13. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I think that's what he's saying.

14. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    That pic is from the last episode of the Youngling Arc

15. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    LOL well that is interesting

16. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    It will be interesting to see how this show turns out, I would like it to have quite a dark tone like TCW, Separatists, Alien Imperial villains and Coleman Kcaj since he wasn't shown to be killed on Ep 3.

hlc88 likes this.
  17. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Hopefully if we get a preview in the next few weeks we may be able to make a good assumption about the tone of the show and if it will be comparable to TCW. I still think that Disney may censor Rebels more.

18. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    It seems a bit early for a preview its not coming out until next year

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  19. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

I think its been mentioned that at Celebration next month that there will be a preview of sorts. I expect it will just be designs rather then any actual footage.

20. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    Yeah some concept art I suppose. I want a Character Breakdown

21. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Not all of it, no. Suspension of disbelief is an important ingredient, too.

22. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    *fixed*[​IMG]

23. Praenomen Cognomen

Mar 24, 2013

I feel like, for some, learning that term can be a poison. It winds up justifying lots of viewing habits which make the experience worse... constantly longing for something logically and statistically perfect. But the fact is, even the most technical sci-fi isn't exempt from the principle that the imperfections form the complete piece of art as much as the perfections (and, much to the chagrin of nitpickers, often facilitate the larger moral points or stylistic swatches of the piece).

It's perfectly fine to be a statistically-minded person; we need them. But in this case, I think one does well to trust creatives enough to meet them on their own playing field. I can't show you the statistics and probabilities to prove it... heh... but I can say that it's worth it.

24. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Gungi = Badass

25. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012

Not really, as you recall the first The Clone Wars trailer came out in 2007. We already know we're getting some new info at CEII, just at what quantity that is I have no idea.

It is seriously possible though that the "teenagers" for Rebels mentioned are the younglings from Young Jedi, trying to hide from Vader and the Empire. We know that they were going to make a Young Jedi spinoff, maybe Rebels is it. If they're teenagers though during Rebels, then it's going to have to be 6-7 years after ROTS when this takes place. It could actually be a good setup for the show while staying dark but appealing to kids.