main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Should Rebels fight Rebels in the new show?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by StarWarsFan91, Jun 22, 2013.

?

Should rebels fight rebels?

1. yes

17 vote(s)
    54.8%
  2. no

7 vote(s)
    22.6%
  3. maybe

7 vote(s)
    22.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    No im not referring to the Rebel alliance fighting itself.

In this case "Rebel" is just basically anyone who wants to get rid of the empire and fights to do so.

Now though all rebels have the common ground of wanting to get rid of the Empire, it would make sense that there are still ideological differences between certain rebel individuals and organizations. Perhaps certain people/groups don't mind using terrorist tactics or other types of unethical behavior to fight the Empire (this would also make sense if some of the Rebel groups are also criminal groups, like pirates, etc). Of course there would also be other people who have a stronger sense of morality, and would dislike the methods/tactics that other groups use.

Therefore this could lead to conflict between "rebel" groups.

And if this does happen in the show, it would surely show that just because someone is opposed to the Empire doesn't make them a good guy, which i think is better then showing all rebels as good guys.

What do you think?

2. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Could work, if they get it right.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  3. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    I think the rebels will be a disparate and unorganised group to begin with with different aims. As such their tactics probably will get them into conflict with each other.
    I thought the setup of the beginning of the rebel alliance in ROTS (idealists) and TCW (Onderon militants) show how different the groups could be and how difficult it would be to have an overall leadership.

Lady_Misty likes this.
  4. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Could see competition over resources and differences in tactics but that is what Bail and Mon are around for stitching together disparate rebel groups.

whostheBossk likes this.
  5. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    But that doesn't have to happen/be completed in the first episode.

Lady_Misty likes this.
  6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    This is my thinking. The Rebel Alliance could form in later episodes from "stitching together if rebel groups." I imagine they would have ideological differences, even if they have a common goal.

7. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    This thread could definately be ST-relevant.

8. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Exactly!

darklordoftech likes this.
  9. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    I like this idea, it would make the show less black and white than it would be if all the rebels were good. I would like to see a lot of evil vs evil in this show, not just good vs evil.

10. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    Shades of Grey

11. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    How many?

12. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
  13. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    I see what you did there [face_mischief]

14. VanishingReality

VanishingReality Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2013
    There can also be rebel spies working for palpatine

Lady_Misty and darklordoftech like this.
  15. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    and vica versa. Will we finally see Bothans?

16. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    Lol you got to beat dedicated to go deep cover and see Palpatine on a regular basis.

17. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Rebels vs Rebels?

Too much. Too soon.

18. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    In a heated battle to determine who is the most rebellious.

19. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Uhm, isn't that what Force Unleashed 3 is supposed to be about?

Rebel, Clone-Rhett vs Vader's Dark Pet?
    :p

20. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I could see Alderaan rebels fighting former Separatists - that would be awesome if you ask me. And the Empire just watches...

21. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I'd really like to see this too.

We know that parts of the Separatists (both people and tech) form into the Rebel Alliance later on, but how do people react to that. These were the villains not too long ago, and now we're supposed to fight with them? It'd be nice to see that tension resolved over time.

22. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I think that you've done well in selling me on the notion, but as it's at least one step beyond the black and white, standard fare way of looking at television, I cannot help but wonder if this is something which could fall beyond the scope of what the producers may be looking to achieve with Rebels.

I certainly hope that I'm wrong, though, as I think the era the show is exploring almost demands this type of 'grey area' conflict. I suppose we'll have to wait and see.

23. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Yeah, there has to be a rebellion inside the rebellion or something. No group of anarchists from across the galaxy are exactly going to join hands and get along instantly. Someone is gonna wanna attack the Empire one way, somebody another way, etc. It's practically a given.

24. Hansa

Hansa Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 19, 2013
    I think that would be fascinating to see. I imagine that the Seperatist Holdouts, the Geonosian militia (who I believe fought the Empire at some point, correct me if I'm wrong) and possibly the Mandalorians would have no problem using terror tactics, sacrificing civilians in the heat of battle and other not-so-ethical tactics that the future Rebel Alliance would avoid like fire. And since we know that at least Bail Organa didn't want former Seperatists in the Alliance, there is a conflict there on an ideological level, and perhaps this mistrust runs deeper.

whostheBossk likes this.
  25. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Not only fighting among different rebel groups perhaps because they have different approaches, or ideals. I mean hiding vs. fighting as a struggle. However infighting within a rebel group could also be entertaining and betrayals while cliche still make for great stories.

Lady_Misty likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.