main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW bonus material episode discussion (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Mar 11, 2013.

1. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

You will have to come to my house and make sure I do :p

I hope not. There are some mysteries that should never be revealed.

2. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Still, proud of my son, I am.

On another note, could Father from Mortis be the Shaman of the Whills?

3. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Yes :p

4. CommanderColt

CommanderColt Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 2, 2013
    Honestly, you are missing out if you don't watch that arc. It's a bit trippy and frantic, but there are some neat moments and an unexpected Willow tribute thrown in there.

Seerow likes this.
  5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011

Would the Shaman of the Whills throw his bickering children out a window?

6. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Did Filoni actually say anything about the arc? I don't really want to listen to those radio people..

Todd the Jedi likes this.
  7. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Tom Kane said something about the Yoda arc.
    Considering that the Dagger wasn't near by, sure.

8. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    What did Filoni talk about?

9. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Probably about the Yoda Arc

10. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    No info about content, number of episodes, release date, release format, etc. Except that work continues on the bonus content. And nothing about the arc. Regarding that FB pic, he said, "It was my birthday and I felt like giving back." He drew it during their creative meeting with Lucas. The RFR guy thought it was a tree?

Filoni talked a little about Rebels, and it will have a different visual style than TCW. They talked hockey and the Emmy win. TBH I didn't listen to the whole interview. Couldn't do it.

11. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007

I really don't like the idea of that. I was hoping for visual continuity with TCW. Unless they go for a realistic look, but I doubt it, Disney will probably go down a cheaper route. If they go for 2D I'll be really pi$$ed.

12. Kay Suhyun

Kay Suhyun Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2013
    I was fine with how CW looked, but i think it was a turnoff for a lot of people.

13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    One reason I started watching is because of how it looked.

Yeah, if they go 2D I'll be mad as hell.

KenobiSkywalker and Darkslayer like this.
  14. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    It was a turnoff for me at first but when I saw the S2 Geonosis arc that got me hooked. The animation they went with was brilliant, especially as it just continued to improve as the season's advanced. One of the best looking shows on tv, IMO.

15. Kay Suhyun

Kay Suhyun Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2013
    It was to different to please everyone who like SW and animation.It was fine for me but Rebels is probably the right way to go.

16. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    How did this become the main TCW discussion thread!? LOL

To connect it to the topic, the animation of the seasons got better and better visually. There are things from earlier seasons that still hold up too. Like Gunray's model and animation...

What is so bad about 2D?!
    I get where you are coming from. I love traditional animation, but if they decide to make Rebels into "alive paintings from Mcquarry" then it would be strange.

If the RFR guy is Jimmy Mac then he is most probably wrong and it is the exact opposite. A rock formation... LOL
    Why do I feel like the Yoda arc will be the next Mortis arc, but only good!?

17. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

I enjoyed the Mortis arc :p

But it will be interesting to see if the Yoda arc expands on some more mysteries of the Force. At least we will get an answer to the Sifo-Dyas mystery.

18. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    As long as the new animation doesn't look like this flaming heap:

We'll be OK.

19. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    God that is so inferior. It's like they didn't even put much effort into it! I honestly think that it will be very difficult for many animated shows to match up to TCW. But what show really had the money poured into that TCW did?

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  20. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    OMGosh, yeah! I watched a few S1 eps yesterday, and those old character models, Obi-Wan's in particular, make me cringe. There was a short scene of Obi-Wan, he barely moved his lips/mouth for a wordy sentence. S2 showed a better attempt at facial expressions and matching lips with dialogue. That's just a minor gripe, as I greatly admire the work on S1. Aspects of its simplicity work in its favor. For instance, all those S1 space battles were easier to animate, because there was no background to design and build. On the flip side, you get Bombad Jedi. The city looked really cool, but the swamp design was disappointing. Hmmm, how can I bring this back to the bonus content... I look fwd to the Clovis arc, because I like the design of Scipio. It reminds me of Orto Plutonia.

Edit: While we're discussing bonus content and TCW's unique style: I DO NOT WANT TO SEE MAUL OR TALZIN IN REBELS. Those two will not do well in R. McQ's style. Maul looks magnificent in his TCW form!

21. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Then you'll probably be disappointed cause i think they will be in it, just wrap up their story

darklordoftech likes this.
  22. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

Yes, I think it was probably quite difficult for the animators to work out how to animate a beard to move with speech. It was a lot easier for them for the beardless characters. I think it took them a while to figure out how to do that. Certainly by Series 2, the facial animation on Obi-Wan had got much better but in terms of getting a character to speak, he was probably one of the hardest ones to do.

It will be interesting to see if the animation has improved again in the bonus content. I'm pretty sure when they were making Revival they gave Obi-Wan a 'head' upgrade. Dunno where I read that but it rings a bell.

23. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Well, that was lousy. I'm sure there was talk of 'going for a particular look,' or what-have-you, but the truth probably had a lot more to do with lack of time, budget and/or talent. Just, ugh... :(

As far as the look for Rebels is concerned, count me among they who had hoped to see a similar approach to that of The Clone Wars, with the heights achieved during its final season as the starting point for the new series.

24. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    Probably. There's a very slim chance that Maul will be resolved before the absolute end of TCW. If the moment comes, I will accept it, but my heart will be heavy.

Mr. Filoni, if you are lurking out there, please...
    [​IMG]
    And Dooku! IDK when they upgraded his model. There's a difference between Dooku on the Malevolence and Dooku in Miraj's throne room. Those sneers. [face_devil]

25. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I'd grown so fond of the latter-day work of TCW, that I, too, bristle at the thought of Rebels going 2D.

But then I think of this, which, other than the incessant 'peek behind the helmet' feature (which got really old, really fast), I think is pretty good:

And I say to myself, "Okay, there's hope for something which looks like that turning out pretty good," so who knows? [face_dunno]

JediGirl_Angelina and vong333 like this.